Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t eat fast food because I simply don’t like it but some people genuinely think it is the Devils food. Like I don’t think someone having a quarter pounder and chips every now and then is going to be the demise of society.

I’ve been to many places Korea and USA etc and I never had a laugh as much as I did than when I spent a week in Benidorm, it’s a laugh, cheap, sunny and a just a general good time, they are just snidey wannabe posh twats.
Having a laugh? How very dare you!
You should be spending tens of thousands travelling around South America and the Far East.
Trekking, obviously. No relaxing or having a laugh mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Having a laugh? How very dare you!
You should be spending tens of thousands travelling around South America and the Far East.
Trekking, obviously. No relaxing or having a laugh mind.
Absolutely right! If I haven’t caught dysentery by the end of my trip, I truly wasted my time as I haven’t fully immersed myself into their culture

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Absolutely right! If I haven’t caught dysentery by the end of my trip, I truly wasted my time as I haven’t fully immersed myself into their culture
They always emerse themselves in the culture of the holiday they go on don't they?! Oh we eat the local food and speak the local language and follow the local customs.

Because Longleat Centre Parcs is dead exotic ennit?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So depressing
So sceptical of posts like those. There’s no way they wouldn’t lose weight (and muscle + sanity), unless they’ve been doing it for two days or are putting a block of cheese on their jacket spud. Seven pounds is nothing in terms of weight loss, can lose half of that going the toilet 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So sceptical of posts like those. There’s no way they wouldn’t lose weight (and muscle + sanity), unless they’ve been doing it for two days or are putting a block of cheese on their jacket spud. Seven pounds is nothing in terms of weight loss, can lose half of that going the toilet 🙃
Exactly, you burn a lot of calories doing a spin class no doubt, but if they literally don’t move again after that and aren’t counting calories, they could easily end up at maintenance eating peanut butter, cheese, chocolate and cookies 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Let me guess, the replies were:

OMG, so much sugar
So many carbs
I could never eat a jacket potato with cheese next to salmon

Or

OMG your body must be in “starvation mode” (it’s a myth) you need to eat more
How did you guess 🤣 to be fair, some were calling out the op. But there was also a lot of the above and people telling them to do more exercise, cut the “junk” etc. It really worries me. The op clearly needs help if the post is true.
I used to have an eating disorder a well, now it’s controlled mainly but always there in some form and I struggle with it now and again. I don’t know why I clicked on that thread actually as stuff like that is so triggering. Sorry I should have added a warning to my post, will ask a mod to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m another who loves Benidorm! Yes it’s tacky and rowdy in places, but you don’t have to have that if you don’t want. It’s quieter further out. It’s got lovely clean beaches and the old town is gorgeous. I also really liked Torerremolinos. I’m a complete chav in the eye of mumsnet!

Reactions: 13
I’m another who loves Benidorm! Yes it’s tacky and rowdy in places, but you don’t have to have that if you don’t want. It’s quieter further out. It’s got lovely clean beaches and the old town is gorgeous. I also really liked Torerremolinos. I’m a complete chav in the eye of mumsnet!
I like Benalmadena and Mijas further along the road and enjoy day trips to Torremolinos.

Reactions: 4
We stay in the old town and rarely venture to the new part. We get on the land train and go down to La Cala too.

Sometimes we eat chips, sometimes tapas, whatever we fancy and I definitely immerse myself in Spanish lager 🤣

We usually do 3 weeks a year there, all inclusive. The first year we went our child was 10 and we were going in for food when one of the men who worked there ruffled his hair and spoke to him in Spanish, child got his phrase book out and tried his best to answer. Every day after that, he came to work early and sat at the table next to us with our child on his table and they taught each other Spanish and English. We went back the following year and he was speaking better English and was able to have a conversation with us and our child was able to do the same with him but they carried on with their lessons that holiday too 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16
AIBU watch!

"AIBU to think 21 years old isn't a 'young' mum?" = obvious humblebrag about having had her children very young.

"AIBU to want a 'naice' property in Manchester?" = what's with the f-ing "naice" all the time? Talk about beating the dead horse, it was a one off joke years ago, move on

"Carrie Johnson time to resign" = OP admits that Carrie is not elected yet somehow still feels SHE (not Boris) should resign, WTF?

Someone complaining of overweight neighbours allowing their child to eat a bag of crisps walking to school. While this is certainly inadvisable, the OP's tone is pure Mumsnet: "I was brought up in a culture where children eat healthy, nourishing breakfast at home (or at before school club), not crisps in the street!"

Someone not wanting their son to play rugby which OP associates with sexism and heavy drinking. Sane commenters point out the child is 5

Someone wondering if neighbours may be in trouble as they don't seem to be home, aren't answering the door etc. yet utilities and lights are on in the house. Another case of "for the love of God please do something about this situation, don't just sit there asking Mumsnet like a dummy" (yes, OP did report it)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
You are totally right - the child eating crisps post is total peak mumsnet! The faux concern, the ‘oh golly’ tone, and the pointless ‘aibu to feel this is way?’

Feel how you want…but don’t pretend this isn’t an attempt to talk people down under the guise of ‘poor them’

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
How WOULD Carrie resign? What would she resign from? The position of Johnson's wife i.e. just get a divorce; or lock herself in a dungeon somewhere and not participate in any public activities?

Reactions: 7
Not wanting to see a child eating a bag of crisps in the street before school is less related to concern for the child’s health and more to do with worrying it might affect the house prices in the area I bet.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.