Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I'm so tempted to reply with:

OMG what a first world problem. People in Gaza/Ukraine/insert country at war would be happy to have any socks. God, they'd be happy to have feet.

But what if it's not you??? Then I'm just going to look MNbatshitcrazy. :ROFLMAO:
Yes that was me! But decided on green socks with red wrapping paper.

Reactions: 2

Technobiff

Chatty Member
I’m not even being a tinkly gasping dick, I’m trying to understand? It seems to be describing something Christmassy you’re doing that edges on poshness/pretention, but with really annoying trying to be funny over the top language 🙄
Who, me or them? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
What a dark cloud MN has cast over Xmas.
They are desperate to outdo each other with tales of crisis and petty shit.
They've ramped it up a gear this year.
And what an absolute fanny that man is crying with his turkey baster.
Aw, I did feel a bit sorry for him being made to feel uncomfortable in his own house on Xmas day when he'd gone to a lot of effort!

Cinnabun

Chatty Member
Does anyone on here actually know anyone in real life who blathers on about being middle-class? I've got friends who live in big houses, friends who live in rented flats, one friend lives in a caravan, friends who earn shitloads, friends who are on NMW - we all get on well and there's never any kind of one-upmanship from the wealthy people. No-one talks about how much they spent on their clothes unless it was super cheap. No-one argues over whether Malbec is better than Merlot, we just drink it.

I am SO not a Mumsnetter.
I'm exactly the same. I've had posh friends since school whem my group made friends with some lads from the local public school. And I grew up in a - shock horror! - COUNCIL house. Everyone just gets on fine and there's no bragging or showing off.

Also. What the heck? And what the heck is that unsername supposed to mean?

Attachments

Last edited:

repairshoplover

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen the Big boobs thread where the op starts off as size 12, the 12-14 but maybe a 16 and is refusing to listen to anyone saying get measured properly?

SnoopySnooper86

Chatty Member
I just saw a thread about “ruining Christmas” cause the turkey isn’t defrosting. I’m a vegetarian & obz a bit dense but isn’t a turkey just like a chicken than bigger & wouldn’t you buy it from the fresh meat section?

I’d defo cause salmonella if you asked me to cook you a turkey 🦃