Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
Also OT, but Psycho Sootie (my profile pic) was pts today. He'd had a terminal diagnosis but did brilliantly for the last 4 months - slightest signs of distress last night, so we did the deed. Much missed, we are discussing whether he will be in feline heaven or hell... He was 14 and a half, and had a bloody lovely life very well lived.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

orangehead

VIP Member
My 86 year old mum in law still cooks a roast weekly, she’s not frail and would be offended if someone stopped her cooking Christmas dinner. She’s more than still capable.
Lucky you having a MIL who cooks, my MIL is DEAD after she opened the front door to a delivery man, but you carry on bragging about your mother in law. How insensitive. Also we have an obesity crisis in this country, largely caused by roast potatoes, so I hope you and your MIL are happy with yourselves making this issue worse. Wow. Just wow.

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Tretps29

tattle has been incredibly supportive. Im currently going through a miscarriage and the thread for support for those suffering a mc has been a life saver plus tattle is hilarious and taking my mind off it.
I doubt the same could be said for MN who’d probably blame me

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I was at a museum this morning with shoes from the past and noticed how small they were. I looked this up and the average British shoe size has gone up two sizes since the 70s.

Highly tempted to post a thread complaining that we’ve all lost sight of what a normal foot looks like.

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Millie2023

Can I go off topic for a minute to say a big thank you, once again, for unknowingly keeping me sane over the past few weeks. We’ve been waiting for the latest set of scary scan results and they were positive (or rather negative), so I’m very relieved. You have been my hilarity and my sanity, so thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Sglodion

Chatty Member
I have a story that would make a great MN troll post if it weren't actually true. I'm housesitting for some friends at the moment, and they said I was welcome to use their bedroom and ensuite as it's more comfortable than the guest room. Which is lovely, except they left in a rush and have accidentally left two dildos in the shape of massive cocks on the bathroom sink :oops: I was going to quietly put them away and never mention it again, until I realised I don't know where they go, and HOW CREEPY would it be to come back from a holiday and find your guest has moved your sex toys to a different drawer??? So I think I'm just going to have to leave them there...

I wanted to post this on MN to see what funny responses I'd get, but they're really close friends (luckily!), and have done me a huge kindness by letting me stay in a non-shithole flat for my first Christmas overseas and dressing it up as me doing them a favour. I couldn't bring myself to read through pages of deranged homophobic shite about how they're clearly misogynist predators who've done this on purpose to make me uncomfortable. But the situation is too funny not to share at all, so you guys can hear about it instead :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

girlinbrum

VIP Member
*A little site run on spite, misogyny and lame GIFs*

New thread title? Esp as the first two def apply to mumsnet!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Due to the fact I could be found sat glowering, clutching a hot water bottle and hurling Feminax down my throat, I was approached with caution and mainly left alone. I don’t think I was at my most alluring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Serene Serena

VIP Member
You can't just leave it at that! What did she do?!
She tried to snog the assistant manager (who is gay), she refused to relinquish the microphone during karaoke and thought she really was Agnetha from Abba, she climbed the Christmas tree to try and reach the fairy on the top, fell off, flashed her seasonal thong, drank someone else’s wine (the entire bottle swigged down in one) but the career crucifying moment was when she vaped on the dance floor and told the hotel staff to fuck off because it’s CHRISTMAS!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Salmonshirt

VIP Member
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1801.jpeg
IMG_1800.jpeg
IMG_1802.jpeg

---
Not sure why the images are displaying in a funny order, but hopefully you get the gist. Just wanted to capture this before it gets deleted.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

girlinbrum

VIP Member
To me class is meaningless... I grew up in one of the most deprived areas of the country, my parents were immigrants, my dad worked in manufacturing, my mum was a seamstress... I was the first person on my street to go to uni, I have three degrees, my daughter went to private primary school (she's in a rough secondary school now, cos it gets higher grades than the private schools) and I hate to say it out loud by I do earn over six figures :/ some people still see me as the brown girl with immigrant parents and very much working class, but then on paper I see myself currently as very privileged. But tbh it makes zero difference to my daily life. I'm proud of where I came from and everything my parents did for me. I'm not unique, I have friends who did the same. We never forget our past and we look to do the best for our kids like my parents did. My friends think it's amusing how I can move from being eloquent to be a person who genuinely still drops in the odd non-ironic "innit" into a conversation. And I don't care, the world would be boring if we were all the same in our sister wives dresses and leather jackets.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
As a card carrying mental, you are lucky to get any help when you are in crisis, let alone an ambulance and admittance to hospital. When I had my breakdown and was suicidal I rang the crisis line in tears begging for help and was told to have a cup of tea and a nice hot bath. My own GP when I visited her telling her I couldn't go on, upped my antidepressants and told me to come back in a week.
So yeah, that did not happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

50degreesnorth

VIP Member
Meanwhile there’s a couple on holiday who haven’t spoken to each other in 2 days because they’re both blaming the other for not hiding the dildos. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Thread title again by the genius @ShopTilYouSlop 👏

If you have to ask what the thread title means, think yourself lucky that you didn't have to see it in all its glory

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35