Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christmas is my favourite time on MN. All of it. I go ages normally without looking at it but love December with all its madnessses.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Has anyone seen the “Hill you would die on” thread

OP asks what is one belief you will never change.

Cue thousands of gender critical posts, a few anti UPF and obesity, a couple of capital punishment opinions and a few anti semitic posts (which I very much hope are taken down).

And then, in amongst the madness, a sweet innocent voice pipes up: “Mike was never good enough for Pheobe in Friends.”

do you even go to this school? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Christmas is my favourite time on MN. All of it. I go ages normally without looking at it but love December with all its madnessses.
I am still hopeful for the return of Crumbs and her fictional village Christmas, with sheep in fairy lights, and jolly teenagers taking part in the nativity instead of vaping and drinking cider in the park, presents taken to the poor people on Boxing Day, and a running buffet throughout the neighbourhood.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It does, yes.

I'm so put off by the number of angry, pathetic men on MN right now, joining to whine and correct women. I don't want to pull the ladder up from under me, but when I get to generate codes, I'm only going to give them to people whose usernames stand up to an extensive AS over a long period of time. I'm sorry about it, but there's a real twit MRA invasion over there now (it must have got mentioned on some male rage hellhole somewhere) and if I accidentally brought one of those pricks over here, I'd never forgive myself.
I should know this but what does AS stand for?

Reactions: 1
It's sad because some of them say they don't want/desire any physical contact at all - it's not just their partners, but quite possibly their children who then spend years absolutely starved for touch. going through life as though they might as well be ghosts.

Touch, whether sexual or non sexual, is absolutely a physical and emotional need in the majority of the population. There have been awful animal studies to prove it and the harm it causes to be deprived of it.

No wonder there are so many posts where the bloke suddenly ups and leaves. They've thrown their lot in with the first bit of warmth that's come their way in years.
Absolutely.
Im the last person to stick up for shite men, but it still surprises me how many of the women on MN view their husbands as a cross between a piggy bank and a sperm donor, and seem genuinely flabbergasted if the husband isn’t overcome with gratitude at still being allowed in the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Christmas bingo

DH bought me a present I don't like.
I told DH I didn't want a present and he didn't buy me one.
My 3 year old didn't buy me a present.
My MIL ate two roasties, when I had allocated a quarter per person.
Someone in the shop looking at me funny when I was Christmas shopping.
My colleague said she drinks two glasses of wine on Christmas Eve, who can I log it with?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
MIL interfering with cooking Christmas Dinner and now I must go NC at once.

DH ate EVERYTHING (greedy husband troll).

We are at ILs and there's no food and it's freezing (think we've already got that one, actually).

Christmas Eve boxes are the root of all evil.

I'm sure there's more.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
DH bought me a very expensive item of jewellery and I hate it
DH bought me a new iron and I am gutted
DH didn't buy me anything at all and I can't stop crying
My DH is dead and I would give anything to have him not buy me a present
People are dying in Gaza and Israel, how can we even celebrate Christmas?
MIL has had a shot of Baileys, should I stage an intervention and get her to rehab?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I remember a classic Mumsnet thread once -
IL's were over for Christmas and staying & the OP had put cereal out & was toasting bread when MIL came into the kitchen and announced " I only eat a cooked breakfast". 😃😆😆😆💀

• Haha
Reactions: 11
IL's were over for Christmas and staying & the OP had put cereal out & was toasting bread when MIL came into the kitchen and announced " I only eat a cooked breakfast". 😃😆😆😆💀
Toast is cooked, innit?

I would have said 'the supermarket is open, off you pop' :D

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Someone posted last year on Xmas day, or maybe the year before actually, saying they were crying and shaking as their husband had bought them a necklace that they didn’t like and they ‘hate waste’

So many prissy twats on their with a stick up their arses

• Sick
Reactions: 13
AIBU for not wanting Santa to enter my home? I'm uncomfortable putting out mince pies for an already overweight individual and I don't want him using the loo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
There is absolutely a Classics thread started at Christmas describing the unbearable fussiness of various relatives which is superb.

I enjoy the shopping substitutions (no Turkey or crackers, here are some chicken nuggets and a mini cactus), the endless permutations of relatives falling out, the awful food, the rows over whether people should wear onesies or taffeta ball gowns, the mad presents, and of course Crumbs. I always think of her on Christmas Eve when going to the village nativity at our local farm when the teenagers play it mostly for laughs until the local vicar gets up at the end and we all sing carols (all this is totally true and a lot of fun but not in any other way Crumbsian and I’m sure the kids slink off for a vape straight afterwards) and imagine whoever she is hammering out her fantasy life while sitting next to Great Aunt Gladys and trying to ignore the farting while they watch the Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em 1978 Christmas special.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sounds like my mum 😂 didn’t realise my boyfriend was a mumsnetter 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.