Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I find the whole rice thing confusing as there are so many accounts and articles about meal prepping and they almost always have rice in them. Most people at my work bring in some kind of rice based dish for lunch and reheat and you can buy cooked rice at the supermarket for microwaving.

Reactions: 4
I don't think I have ever witnessed a stranger shitting themselves, unless they were under 3 years old.
I also don't think I'd start a thread on Mumsnet about needing a poo in someone else's house.
Then again, I'm not a copraphiliac and shit, my own, other peoples, animals doesn't excite me in the least.

I also have a toilet brush and air freshener in the toilet.
Why are mumsnetters so obsessed with shit ("poo crumbs" "poo troll") and bodily functions in general?

• Sick

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
I can't remember what ND's new username is, I keep looking out for it to see what shit she has come out with now but no luck so far

iieee

VIP Member
I have a 9 year old relative called Agnes. I'm glad that period of people battling each other to give their baby the most grannified granny name of all is gradually disappearing. Poor kid. 😫

holasun

Discussing cancelled plans has just made me realise I've double booked myself for Santa and afternoon tea with friends in a couple of weeks.
Damn it!!!

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
@sistersofpercy cheers.

It took me ages to work out who it was to (ex-friend of landlord) then I had a real dilemma whether to phone solicitor, then felt relieved when I noticed trial date had passed. It appears bastard assaulted his girlfriend.
I'd have done the same as you tbh.
I open quite a bit. Bought this house 5 years ago and before that it seemed to be let short term for many years. The list of names is as long as your arm.
Spent the first couple of years with Return To Sender and that did deal with a fair bit, but other stuff kept coming. I took to opening it and contacting the companies directly which sorted another chunk. O2 were fun to deal when a tenant from many years prior apparently took out a mobile phone contract to my house but that also eventually got removed.
I'm now down to one bank statement a month. Something which NatWest refuse to stop sending under any circumstances despite many complaints. Fortunately our postie is fab and he doesn't even deliver it now, just throws it back in the system with 'not known at this address' on it.

holasun

I have to confess to having a child with a 20s/30s granny name... like Ava / Lily / Iris etc.
I'm sure in the 80s those names sounded like a dire idea too. I do think the 60s and 70s names are just around the corner. Some are fine though! But yeah, I can't imagine personally having a baby Maureen.
I think Karen has been killed as a name possibility for sure though?!

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
It's just weird. She joined every TTC thread going and seemed to have a miscarriage (from a honeymoon baby) and a chemical. That becomes two terrible miscarriages later when she posts on other topics (no shade to chemical pregnancies, I know they're distressing). She's then periodically posted a few other worries but once she conceived, she started posting more widely around MN, where before she literally only posted on TTC threads.

She also states a few times that she sees the consultant every two weeks. But at no point did they explain what to do about reduced movements? She also mentions worrying about twin-to-twin in some of her early posts but I thought (and this isn't my area so please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that was diagnosable and manageable and not an acute crisis? Or if it becomes an acute crisis, it would have been diagnosed in advance?

Attachments

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Cadbury's went to hell and took Freddo with them, but the BUTTONS .....the buttons are quite nice.
I really don't like Lidl chocolate, although their Biscrok (or something) rip off of the Twix actually put Twix to shame.

Lol, sorry, Lidl's MIsterChoc, not Biscrok, those are dog biscuits :ROFLMAO:
The dog biscuits probably taste better 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 3