Mumsnet #19 starting fights in empty rooms since 2000.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OP: Would you be offended if...

Well it's mumsnet so I'm going to guess yes most of them would be:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Not only do I want egg and chips, I now want lasagne (and chips) too.

I know it's already been linked to, but am genuinely shocked by this pseudo lasagne that I need to post it again.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 14.16.33.png

As BatshitIsTheOnlyExplanation rightly points out, it's missing few, if not pretty much every vital components.

Goodness, just imagine being invited to Westfacing's for dinner, being told it's homemade lasagne and being served that. I'd end the friendship immediately.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There's a thread on AIBU asking if they should join a choir if they are practically tone deaf and ppl are saying go join a rock choir as it is such fun...
I live opposite a church that hosts a rock choir practice once a week. When we had the really hot weather a few weeks ago, the wankers decided to practice outside in the courtyard, we had our front windows open. They sang shake it off by Taylor Swift about a dozen times and it sounded dreadful. I thought Mr B was going to lose his mind as he had to keep turning the telly up, the pain etched on his face was quite the sight 😂
I'm all for people having fun, but I am also all for not having to listen to 30 old Doris's sing Taylor Swift repeatedly and watch my husband look like he is going to have a breakdown with the high notes hitting his earholes

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Not only do I want egg and chips, I now want lasagne (and chips) too.

I know it's already been linked to, but am genuinely shocked by this pseudo lasagne that I need to post it again.

View attachment 2300553

As BatshitIsTheOnlyExplanation rightly points out, it's missing few, if not pretty much every vital components.

Goodness, just imagine being invited to Westfacing's for dinner, being told it's homemade lasagne and being served that. I'd end the friendship immediately.
I’m sure there’s a meme somewhere about recipe reviews- I enjoyed the dish, replaced the pasta with ice cream, the bolognese with chocolate sauce and it was delicious. That sort of thing.

this would fit well. I substituted the lasagne for a completely different pasta dish, no pesky layers!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
On a thread about autism, someone has recommended that the OP seek some 'restbite' 😬

However the rest of that thread is extremely sad, OP seems to have no understanding of her daughter having autism and speaks as if she is behaving that way on purpose or out of spite

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Getting quite triggered by the woman who’s posted basically saying, I’m going to psychologically abuse my autistic child because “I AM DONE” … some posters are calling her out and others are saying they’re right behind her. It’s awful. And typical MN to allow that thread to stand, they wouldn’t do it if someone was saying they intended to abuse and neglect their child who had a different serious disability.

I’m autistic mum to autistic child, and it is incredibly hard a lot of the time, especially working as well. My child isn’t even in school yet and I know I need to prepare is both for those terrors that are pretty much inevitable. I was a really really difficult teenager too (because I was constantly being forced to do things I couldn’t do, in situations I found overwhelming, never any peace, never any time to rest my poor brain-on-fire), and my own mum was pretty much like that poster says she’s going to be with her daughter.

I’m horrified and extremely sad for the kid in question. I hope the kid manages to acquire the skills to live independently as soon as she possibly can, because living with a mum who hates her so viciously is only going to cause her worse harm 😞

edit: @CrimsonCountess snap! OP has said she’s read books, but apparently not the right ones.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
There's a thread on AIBU asking if they should join a choir if they are practically tone deaf and ppl are saying go join a rock choir as it is such fun...
I live opposite a church that hosts a rock choir practice once a week. When we had the really hot weather a few weeks ago, the wankers decided to practice outside in the courtyard, we had our front windows open. They sang shake it off by Taylor Swift about a dozen times and it sounded dreadful. I thought Mr B was going to lose his mind as he had to keep turning the telly up, the pain etched on his face was quite the sight 😂
I'm all for people having fun, but I am also all for not having to listen to 30 old Doris's sing Taylor Swift repeatedly and watch my husband look like he is going to have a breakdown with the high notes hitting his earholes
There's a rock choir near me and they practise outside too, all middle-aged to elderly ladies, all warbling ABCDEFU practising for some gig they are doing somewhere. They look like they are having fun but their leader (conductor?) looks insane and the noise is atrocious. Thank god I live near the sea and the seagulls squawking drowns out the worst of it.

I do love the lyrics to ABCDEFU though but the rock choir ladies have cleaned them up a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
‘Tis a miracle I tell thee about our Pam. All the candle and Guinea pig posters were starting to think she’d left this mortal coil but hallelujah praise be….she’s just popped along to get a portcath fitted (surely she’d have one already?)

Almost had me there…now I’m back to thinking it’s made up again.

Reactions: 11
‘Tis a miracle I tell thee about our Pam. All the candle and Guinea pig posters were starting to think she’d left this mortal coil but hallelujah praise be….she’s just popped along to get a portcath fitted (surely she’d have one already?)

Almost had me there…now I’m back to thinking it’s made up again.
Yes, I am back on the fence too. Just as the vultures were gathering, and wailing over their bad feelings, in she swoops with a titbit to keep the guinea pictures flooding in.

Reactions: 7
Did anyone see what was posted to cause this deletion message?

This thread has been deleted

We're afraid we have to delete this thread as there are some details in it that we think aren't best shared. All the very best to you and your DD, OP.
the last I read was the OK saying they were On the way to a different hospital as the one they went to wasn't suitable :cautious:
I think they delete any posts that detail how someone's tried to commit suicide though

Reactions: 2
Yes, I am back on the fence too. Just as the vultures were gathering, and wailing over their bad feelings, in she swoops with a titbit to keep the guinea pictures flooding in.
Did you share your gerbil picture and that's why she has rallied?
---
Getting quite triggered by the woman who’s posted basically saying, I’m going to psychologically abuse my autistic child because “I AM DONE” … some posters are calling her out and others are saying they’re right behind her. It’s awful. And typical MN to allow that thread to stand, they wouldn’t do it if someone was saying they intended to abuse and neglect their child who had a different serious disability.

I’m autistic mum to autistic child, and it is incredibly hard a lot of the time, especially working as well. My child isn’t even in school yet and I know I need to prepare is both for those terrors that are pretty much inevitable. I was a really really difficult teenager too (because I was constantly being forced to do things I couldn’t do, in situations I found overwhelming, never any peace, never any time to rest my poor brain-on-fire), and my own mum was pretty much like that poster says she’s going to be with her daughter.

I’m horrified and extremely sad for the kid in question. I hope the kid manages to acquire the skills to live independently as soon as she possibly can, because living with a mum who hates her so viciously is only going to cause her worse harm 😞

edit: @CrimsonCountess snap! OP has said she’s read books, but apparently not the right ones.
That thread is a very difficult read!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

It’s made me feel sick and quite emotional - again as an autistic mum to to autistic kids. It sounds like she’s done all the things she’s meant to do but hasn’t understood autism or why she’s doing them

Heart sank even more when I read further down and she’s a primary school teacher

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I think we have hit peak MNet. OP is worried the sale photos for her £2.5million pound house look crap....

In Property, can't add a screenshot atm.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s made me feel sick and quite emotional - again as an autistic mum to to autistic kids. It sounds like she’s done all the things she’s meant to do but hasn’t understood autism or why she’s doing them

Heart sank even more when I read further down and she’s a primary school teacher
Just reading this now and I can’t believe it. I get it must be extremely hard but my goodness she has no heart or she herself is just having an absolute breakdown

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.