Mumsnet #10 Freedom for DDog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I committed my first tattle sin this morning. A courier knocked wanting me to take in a HUGE parcel for a neighbour I hate so I didn’t answer the door :ROFLMAO: made for a very weird exit to the car hoping I wasn’t spotted

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I committed my first tattle sin this morning. A courier knocked wanting me to take in a HUGE parcel for a neighbour I hate so I didn’t answer the door :ROFLMAO: made for a very weird exit to the car hoping I wasn’t spotted
No way would I take in a parcel for a neighbour I hated. Not a chance. Sin or not 🤣

I had a guy at the door one day ages ago, wanting me to take in a parcel for a 'neighbour' - ie not a neighbour, someone in a completely different part of the estate, who I didn't know anyway.

He must have just gone along ringing bells at random or something!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Mind you I could have been evil and taken it then denied all knowledge. Revenge for being a twit of a neighbour! :LOL:
Maybe I should start a thread about accepting parcels or my fear of someone taking in my parcels and knowing my name, blood group and Netflix password.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I refused to take a parcel for a head neighbour once. The delivery driver laughed and said nobody ever takes his parcels.

Before then I was at home full time and noticed he’d nominated me as his parcel receiver … I’m good at upside down reading. Cheeky git had not asked first. He was always fast to ask people not to park in front of his house though. Public highway, no driveways, but he assumed he also owned the road in front of his house. There was talk of a street party when he eventually moved!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I would refuse in the case of one of my neighbours too. Pair of dickheads, especially her. (I'm sure they speak highly of me though. Not.🤣)

And she definitely thinks she owns the estate, never mind just the road. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We all have one of them! If I could buy a house with no neighbours for miles I bloody would. Unfortunately I’m not on a 6 figure salary though :LOL:

Reactions: 6
Mind you I could have been evil and taken it then denied all knowledge. Revenge for being a twit of a neighbour! :LOL:
Maybe I should start a thread about accepting parcels or my fear of someone taking in my parcels and knowing my name, blood group and Netflix password.
Could you imagine! It would go one of two ways.

Either 'you sound like hard work' 🤣 or everyone leaping to your defence! 'You're so right, OP. My cousin's next door neighbour's cat once took in a parcel and...' 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 8
But but but but he was a…stranger! He could have had malicious intent or the parcel could have had illegal items inside. I could have gone to prison do you understand! Leaving my 4195 month old without a mother! I’m now convinced he wanted to steal my toaster so I’ve ordered 100 cctv cameras. Will I be safe now or do I need my free half hour and to log it with 101?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But but but but he was a…stranger! He could have had malicious intent or the parcel could have had illegal items inside. I could have gone to prison do you understand! Leaving my 4195 month old without a mother! I’m now convinced he wanted to steal my toaster so I’ve ordered 100 cctv cameras. Will I be safe now or do I need my free half hour and to log it with 101?
I'm fuming and shaking and crying on your behalf.

'You sound lovely' - why do posters say that! 🤣

Also 'I didn't want to read and run.'
Run run as fast as you can! 🏃‍♀️

• Haha
Well 349 *is* a very good age, OP, he could probably fend for himself at that point, how old are you, are you vampires? OR did you mean your 41.95month old? That’s a bit different, isn’t it… 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a delivery driver moan at me for not taking in next doors parcel. It was 9pm.

Reactions: 3
I almost spat my tea all over the keyboard and I can feel the baby shaking from my laughter. I may have woken up ddog from laughing too. I couldn’t stop laughing long enough to tell dh what I’m laughing about. I’m just place marking now because you all sound like hard work, but I’m leaving the thread because you didn’t tell me what I wanted to hear. If I reply it’s because you triggered me and I’ll tell mnhq you’re a troll who was a previously banned member so who’s laughing now.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I almost spat my tea all over the keyboard and I can feel the baby shaking from my laughter. I may have woken up ddog from laughing too. I couldn’t stop laughing long enough to tell dh what I’m laughing about. I’m just place marking now because you all sound like hard work, but I’m leaving the thread because you didn’t tell me what I wanted to hear. If I reply it’s because you triggered me and I’ll tell mnhq you’re a troll who was a previously banned member so who’s laughing now.
Why are people still replying? OP is never coming back!

• Haha
Why do people come here to post such stupid questions do they need AIBU to get through their daily lives? I’m not wasting my time replying they didn’t even say thank you!

• Haha
Really ghoulish thread on there today about the deaths of a head teacher, her husband and daughter, at Epsom College in Surrey. The armchair detectives are already sifting through the evidence and coming to their conclusions, with no thought to the heartbreak and shock those close to the family must be experiencing.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Really ghoulish thread on there today about the deaths of a head teacher, her husband and daughter, at Epsom College in Surrey. The armchair detectives are already sifting through the evidence and coming to their conclusions, with no thought to the heartbreak and shock those close to the family must be experiencing.
It’s so grim. I did enjoy the comment on there about how the family might have been awake all night wanting to take their minds off it by perusing mumsnet though. Definitely what I’d do. What would be more cheering than that place!

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.