Mummysflippinhouse #3 Caroline is back, it’s official, sitting in her Mum’s like Beggy Mitchell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry no. “It’s more to do with parents not having to bother making packed lunches” is such a wild and insulting statement. Our country as in the whole UK not just one part is massively fucked from different reasons/situations but the main being our government.

I would pay double tax to make sure children were getting a free lunch and having some food in their stomach whether it be a sandwich or a hot meal. If anyone can begrudge a child food then I think you should maybe re-adjust your “what is the best use of tax payers money” to our members of parliament with their ridiculous salaries.
And people on ridiculous salaries get free school meals….

Reactions: 4
Upto Primary 5 where I am in Scotland, and plans to expand it right up to P7. And all nursery children from 3-5 get a free meal aswell. The costs involved in that are colossal.
I recently found out that despite never having had a school meal that my daughter still gets the funding allocated every day.

She takes a packed lunch every day and I just assumed as we don't use the service it doesn't cost anything. But the school is allocated funding for ever eligible child because in theory she could decide on the day she wants one (the menus are all slightly odd eg. Bbq bean and spinach fajitas...wtf) so she never has. Even the pizza they offer is ham and pineapple. But it's bizarre that my kid still costs the taxpayer money for something that she never receives. That said it should really be means tested and for those that need it free school meals is an amazing scheme 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I recently found out that despite never having had a school meal that my daughter still gets the funding allocated every day.

She takes a packed lunch every day and I just assumed as we don't use the service it doesn't cost anything. But the school is allocated funding for ever eligible child because in theory she could decide on the day she wants one (the menus are all slightly odd eg. Bbq bean and spinach fajitas...wtf) so she never has. Even the pizza they offer is ham and pineapple. But it's bizarre that my kid still costs the taxpayer money for something that she never receives. That said it should really be means tested and for those that need it free school meals is an amazing scheme 🙌
]

Sorry to be all mumsnet but it is one of those things that costs more to means test when it comes to all the admin involved so they may as well give it to every child in KS1

]

Sorry to be all mumsnet but it is one of those things that costs more to means test when it comes to all the admin involved so they may as well give it to every child in KS1
Over the space of 7 years of primary it just seems a bit silly to waste thousands of pounds on a service we won't use. Even if we did use school meals we are fortunate to be able to pay for them so id rather the money went to providing breakfast for children who need it. It seems obtuse that I can't receive child benefit (which I'd save directly for her future) but am eligible for school meals 🙃 but it's a great service for those who need it and it's heartbreaking that so many children in the UK rely on it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why is Charlie in a nighty? Does she really hate him?
Not convinced she likes Sophie that much either, too many questions, too much for Caroline, so off to play group, you're taking up mummy's free time, she wants to swan around with her mates on Mat leave that she keeps mentioning ya know America do better guysss.

Reactions: 11
Over the space of 7 years of primary it just seems a bit silly to waste thousands of pounds on a service we won't use. Even if we did use school meals we are fortunate to be able to pay for them so id rather the money went to providing breakfast for children who need it. It seems obtuse that I can't receive child benefit (which I'd save directly for her future) but am eligible for school meals 🙃 but it's a great service for those who need it and it's heartbreaking that so many children in the UK rely on it
That’s exactly what I mean. I would rather the kids that didn’t get breakfast or fed through the school holidays got additional funding. My kids never used it either, as they’re so fussy so I always made packed lunches too. I’m not begrudging anyone, I live in a very affluent area and I just don’t think it’s right when there are kids with literally nothing living 4 miles down the road. It’s so sad. But anyway better not clog up the thread anymore.

Reactions: 6
On the school meals thing, it's also preventative if enough kids take it up. Nutritionally they are supposed to be better than ultra-processsed pack lunches so preventing childhood obesity and other health issues much further down the line. Also encourages children to eat more varied options than they might try at home. Reduces the stigma for 'free meal kids' too if everyone gets them.

My son doesn't like many options on the school menu and says the portions are tiny P1 - p7 are served the same portion.

Sorry to sidetracked...cazza is a dick!

Personally I think she’s come back an entitled dirty scruffy witch. Grabbing what she can after not paying a penny here for 10 years. Personally I hope Kyle sees sense and bins her off. I’d love to see her struggle. That prams horrible. I’m furious she got it gifted though. Also I notice she mentioned the bucket bike again. Hope she falls down a pot hole but no doubt her affluent area doesn’t have them so as not to damage the rich Tory folks gas guzzlers. Sorry but I detest her now. And ffs have a shower and do your hair! She would be judged to death if she lived on a council estate but because she’s posh it’s seen as kooky,

Reactions: 21
I also fancy Kyle. I mean what a guy honestly. Half decent looking, fairly funny - hands on with the kids.
What does he see in her now she looks like a Victorian grandma? 🫣🫣🫣

Reactions: 19
Just discovered this thread so catching up but the NHS story drove me mad. She’s lived out of the country for over ten years and would be subject to the ordinary residence test for free treatment (which is probably why the GP application hadn’t been approved). How would she prove she’s ordinary resident in the UK? No employment contract, no tenancy agreement, mortgage, utility bills. Even her child wouldn’t be classed as on roll until September. If she’s so well off she should have paid to go private.

Reactions: 14
I also fancy Kyle. I mean what a guy honestly. Half decent looking, fairly funny - hands on with the kids.
What does he see in her now she looks like a Victorian grandma? 🫣🫣🫣
The bar is pretty low for men in fairness.

Reactions: 12
They would also have to pay American tax on top of UK tax would they not?
No they won't have to. You just have to file the tax return but you'll never really have to pay double tax due to a tax treaty the US and UK have with each other.

(Source I'm dual American/British citizen)

Reactions: 2
Ah I'm gutted to see how much she's changed, followed her since she had Charlie, really liked her and her content. She came across as very naturally funny & whitty & quite likable. I've had to unfollow on all social media, she's too much of a try hard now. People acting funny is not the same as being funny! I liked her US content & the comparison she gave in the early days of how things are different in the different US states, cost of living etc.

She's changed so much when you look back at her older content. It's such a shame.

Reactions: 13
No they won't have to. You just have to file the tax return but you'll never really have to pay double tax due to a tax treaty the US and UK have with each other.

(Source I'm dual American/British citizen)
Ohhh I thought you always had to pay. Learn something new everyday

Reactions: 2
I had thyroid cancer 10 years ago. I had a baby 7 months ago and I’ve had my const
Ah I'm gutted to see how much she's changed, followed her since she had Charlie, really liked her and her content. She came across as very naturally funny & whitty & quite likable. I've had to unfollow on all social media, she's too much of a try hard now. People acting funny is not the same as being funny! I liked her US content & the comparison she gave in the early days of how things are different in the different US states, cost of living etc.

She's changed so much when you look back at her older content. It's such a shame.
I saw a video pop up on my FYP and I cannot believe how different she is! She’s gone from being really quite normal to being an absolute knob! Even her voice sounds different. I also didn’t realise that her and Kyle weren’t together that long before she was pregnant. Very strange set up.

Reactions: 6
proper middle child syndrome the poor mite
Obviously not contemplated for a minute that Charlie won’t always be a toddler and when he’s a child in school, he might not appreciate a video of him toddling about in a pink nightie for all to see. Perhaps it might help if she stopped and thought about those kids for a second, rather than exploiting them.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.