Mrs Meldrum #98 Tap of dreams 5K beam, 6 sausage dinner two nights running for the team

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be on my own here but I preferred the slate flooring. It would’ve given that soulless kitchen a bit more character.

Reactions: 10
I can’t help myself, I keep looking at the new kitchen and I am really trying to be generous and find something good about it but I can’t! The kitchen itself is ok if a bit generic but the rest of it is awful. It’s not the right shape or size to be open plan kitchen dining living area, dining or living would be enough and the tv cabinet in particular looks daft. Why is the tv always on? The space in front of the sliding doors will always look awkward. The furniture is so mismatched. They should have waited until they could afford to do it properly and change the layout altogether. I doubt that it has added any value to the house at all.

Reactions: 8
for that sort of money you'd think she would have even able to relocate the kitchen and get some bifold doors in. 30k investment on a house that was overpriced, outdated and won't be increasing in value anytime soon just seems madness. All so she can live next to her parents.

Reactions: 16
Bloody hell, we did a two storey extension, new kitchen (second hand cabinets painted myself), two new bedrooms, ensuite and dressing room created upstairs for less than that! Granted my partner most of the build but still!! She's been ripped a new one.

Stages of my 'kitchen reno' 👀
Your house is beautiful, and looks so homely 😍
That would be my ideal kitchen space x

Reactions: 11
To tell (brag) how much the kitchen cost is really quite vulgar ..... no class that one.

Reactions: 24
Lol of course she just painted it and the old door white.
I mean 30k feck me she had no extension of space or new glazing and no new doors.

Such a shame its so badly planned.
She could have knocked into that awful pantry cupboard and made a cupboard for breakfast area like fleur de force with toaster and lees beloved coffee machine making her cluttered work surface less cluttered.
The units by window defiantly should stopped sooner.
Having mostly floor to ceiling on back wall by utility room means no room for nice open shelving.
Because the blocked the wrong door im sure original plan was blocks kitchen door.
OK before it was cramped with table at that end but now it's just useless walk through waste space.
She could have even built in a walk in pantry cupboard.

I thought they did utility at same time yet no pics of the murder scene.

That table is awful
The chairs won't improve it.

Move the sofa and seating into playroom make a casual family living room.
Move toys to her laundry room/office and kids bedrooms.

I wonder if there was way maybe my memory is failing me why they couldn't knocked down pantry wall bit to doorway and adjoin to playroom as that's sort opposite the kitchen door off the middle corridor hallway.
They maybe could if added double doors on a opposite end if family room as they have such a large front garden and driveway they maybe could have built a nice courtyard at the front.
They don't have any money or imagination.
The plan knock into the utility and 1 garage was a much better plan then they could have opened up to garden.
I doubt this new kitchen add 30k to house value.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6a2J_ShR-N/?igshid=1y2h05bssptj6

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9i-ypzBjYv/?igshid=bdu3ks1u9z7m

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_CAmBKhfp3/?igshid=10at26u9ilipt

I love Katie eillisns everything goes.

Centre parcs was about right or the sea of grey kitchens in diy on a budget the hun brigade who adore hinch all have grey kitchens.

At the end of day her house reflects lack of personality or style.

Shes just another basic witch with a basic grey kitchen that looks like a unloved rental.
I wouldn't say show home as its never tidy and always cluttered.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Lol of course she just painted it and the old door white.
I mean 30k feck me she had no extension of space or new glazing and no new doors.
Now that's a lovely kitchen!

Really makes the meldrums new one look drab and characterless :/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6a2J_ShR-N/?igshid=1y2h05bssptj6

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9i-ypzBjYv/?igshid=bdu3ks1u9z7m

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_CAmBKhfp3/?igshid=10at26u9ilipt

[/QUOTE]

Now that's a lovely kitchen! <3

Really makes the Meldrum's new one look drab and characterless :/

Reactions: 13
for that sort of money you'd think she would have even able to relocate the kitchen and get some bifold doors in. 30k investment on a house that was overpriced, outdated and won't be increasing in value anytime soon just seems madness. All so she can live next to her parents.
She's talking out of her teeny tiny size 8 arse that it cost 30k.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I dont know if it's just aberdeenshire prices but 30k does seem right to me. Colleague spent 34k on a new kitchen from an aberdeen company which was smaller than meldrum and no knock through wall but similar units etc. I did think they had seen him coming but thats just an example of some places prices here. You could spend even more too at kitchens international for a more bespoke design, some of these are gorgeous https://www.kitchensinternational.c...esyc-nrGs925bpChCrY4Ku8zu4LoZ5EMaAsIPEALw_wcB

Yes it would be a lot cheaper at b and q or howdens.

Reactions: 2
Now that's a lovely kitchen! <3

Really makes the Meldrum's new one look drab and characterless :/
[/
Rebecca has been planning this kitchen for 18 months they have hard apparently architects and plans made several times claims they were saving hard and would take a while before they could afford to do it , and then as if by magic they suddenly find they had £30 grand to spend Sounds unbelievable doesn’t it ?
All those grand designs and she ends up with what can only be described as pretty lacklustre if this was designed at all then the designer is rubbish !
If they did pay this amount then they were robbed can anyone remember how much they claimed was spent Von the old house renovation ? I thought that it was much nicer I would cry if I had given up that very nice home to end up in that grim cold ugly house there’s a lesson to be learnt that no amount of self help books and hippy dippy tit can teach if you are not listening ! happy with what you have is much nicer than being bitter about what you think you should have .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
30k for what they've had done 😳😳 does the tap of dreams leak gold?!
She should have re-jigged it and put bi-folds along the wall with the kitchen and living room window and moved the utility room door further down, taken out the cupboard of dreams and closed of the door to the kitchen not family room. She's just tit at everything she does. That would have been a 30k job.

Reactions: 7
don't know who the fleur de force lady is, but like the pics of the kitchen. certainly bold choices, but it seems to fit the space/light etc.

don't know who the fleur de force lady is, but like the pics of the kitchen. certainly bold choices, but it seems to fit the space/light etc.

Reactions: 3
Fleur has a similar floor to rebs old one. I dont like it, it looks cold and sad. Her design is striking though.

Reactions: 1

Fleur lives in an actual mansion, no murdering in it either.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
i love Fleur's floor but stone/tile/slate floors are so unforgiving if you drop anything! It absolutely shatters! I broke so many glasses, plates etc (I'm a bit clumsy) and the little shards go everywhere....I replaced my tiles with Pergo flooring and am so glad I did - dropped a bottle of wine the other day and it bounced!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.