Mrs Meldrum #90 Most Haunted (playhouse)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The house was purchased because they 100% believed they would get all updates gifted. She’s not even a housey type person! If they were set on moving they should’ve gone for a new build no way they need 5 bedrooms and 3 reception rooms. Let’s face it they live in one room the rest are dumping grounds for the crap she can’t be arsed to put away
Very true. They thought they would get it all #gifted.

Reactions: 5
Have they changed cars recently
The ford white s max as 2nd hand used and brought from Evans halshaw as i remember about them moaning about it.
I thought at time least that's semi relatable.
Thats before I realised the eijet out a personalised number plate on it and the new just appeared out of no where.
They said they got rid of 2nd car save pennies and it sold quick no idea if leased or massive depreciation.

They moaned once it was gone how much they missed it as remember her waffling on in the unit carpark.
Be interesting see if she returns to unit when it reopens.

Not really seem many of their chums houses
there was that garden party last year which lokked newbuild and overlooked.
Assume her freinds all live in average size houses not mansions.

Mortgage payments tricky guesstimate as so many factors credit rating how much deposit down loan to value. Base rates at time of acceptance.
She's said they are mortgaged up to their eyeballs with new house herself and other lenders declined them..
I know thanks to land registry they use same provider as us and secured mortgage late 2018 same as us.
We borrowed 190k put down 22% deposit and pay 840 a month fixed 5 year deal so I'm guessing here their mortgage potentially 400 to 500k as new house 590k and old house think sold 187k but assume Aberdeen council took their share of that.
Just before they moved they said saving pot empty as they randomly changed kitchen and garage conversion earlier in 2018 and moved it was all so weird spend so much make it lovely then just move.

I coudent understand when I saw new house why they moved they had 4 bed big garden and 2 reception rooms plus 2 toiliet.
I assumed they soon do renovations like any other you tubers/influencer that be their main content as they do few videos of their many plans.
2 years on they done hardly anything.
Think she lost 1 or 2 kitchen deals.
I was baffled why elderly mil would be expected paint whilst she sat on the sofa.
Every time I see their house I feel overwhelmed my scale of work that needs doing.
I dont get purpose long driveway and field at the front.
Just the grass and hedge maintainance makes me feel tired thinkng about it.
Remember when she cut grass at old house no way could she do that at new place.
The heating omg cost oil. Massive log pile. Fact they always look freezing.
Can't even afford a fire grate.

The crazy paving be cheap and quick to replace.
Rendering and painting exterior be thousands.
Carpets and curtains easily affordable most people on lower incomes than them I dont get it.
Why's the kitchen not got a date to start.
They usually book holidays so far in advance ie Jan as they say it's such a important priority for them.
She hates camping.

How can you get gifts or brand work as a private account.
The constant ad linking. Such short time away.
The hearing bigger accounts all desparate.

I doubt they overpay mortgage now I estimate it's least 2k a month and that be fixed and go up in 3 years time .
60k lees wages assume that's gross not net.
My husband earns just under 50k a year it varies month to month but its approx anywhere from 2600 a month to over 4k.
Thats for mortgage insurances food. Run 1 car council tax and bills.
If they paying 2k just on mortgage and she's not bringing in 1k they must be skint as freebies don't pay the bills.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think they could absolutely afford to do the things they want to do to the house but they are so convinced that they will have them gifted to them. Me and my husband earn not a great deal and even we have managed to decorate the upstairs of our house / new carpets / curtains etc.... they're tight and that's a big difference.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone have any pics of their old house? Sorry I’m nosey 😂.

They defo don’t have any money. My partner earns probably half of what lee earns. Our mortgage is significantly less than theirs would be but we still managed to do our house up one bit at a time.

We do it by not constantly buying tat and saving our pennies

I think they could absolutely afford to do the things they want to do to the house but they are so convinced that they will have them gifted to them. Me and my husband earn not a great deal and even we have managed to decorate the upstairs of our house / new carpets / curtains etc.... they're tight and that's a big difference.
I think that Rebecca is such a show off though. She must be dying to do the kitchen up so she can show it all off on SM.
I think that’s the main reason she came back, because Of her constant need to show off her fabulous life 🙄.
She must know by now she’s never going to be gifted a kitchen. So why not do it if they can afford it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Great advert for that dress -“it looks nicer than it feels, cheapy fabric, size down...did I mention I’m a teeny tiny size 8?????”

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don’t believe she has money!! If you had money then you’d be doing the house up.
Me and my husband don’t earn loads of money and we are not well off, but we’ve managed to re tile our bathroom, new carpets, new curtains in bedrooms and blinds all downstairs.

They have done nothing at all to their house, curtains cost £50-£100 for a set, I got some lovely curtains from dunelm. The fact even simple things like this hasn’t been done shows they are skint!!
Definitely agree with you, our new sofa came as lockdown eased, so felt we needed new curtains in lounge and dining, then ended up seeing some for bedrooms so all three bedrooms have new, approx £50 a pair, I really can’t understand how she hasn’t just done simple things

Reactions: 7
Great advert for that dress -“it looks nicer than it feels, cheapy fabric, size down...did I mention I’m a teeny tiny size 8?????”
Plus, she changed into it, talked about it and aff linked it... to then change back out it??! Whats the point in that apart from to earn a few pennies with the aff link. Not exactly a natural heres what im wearing scenario🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Yeh but she spends that on crappy rings without thinking?! I think they have the cash but no idea what to buy. Having a large house to redo is quite overwhelming! She maybe just can’t really be bothered.
I’d rather spend my money on holidays and clothes etc than my house. I’d say she was the same but they don’t actually seem to spend money on anything fun.

Reactions: 6
I just created my account to ask this, been a supporter of the meldrum family for a few years despite her downfall after her friend's KKK comment, I was upset but watched that apology video of her admitting to messing up time & time again & then she mentions this site (where I first heard of it.) As a mixed race woman myself I felt like her being cancelled for something she did not say was extreme, yet I didn't see the vlog. Seeing her sort of apology video made me feel bad for her. I thought it was genuine. But these past few months with the uproar in the forefront of BLM she was nowhere to be seen or heard- I went to her page and saw she hadn't posted in ages then she posts saying she's didn't think she would be back but now she is. I found that suss. Then in a story she posted the other night she wrote something along the lines of "I don't spend much time on Instagram apart from on my page" as if to stay closed minded and say she's not aware of anything else going on which I feel is BS. I didn't like that & it upset me.

I don't agree with influencers being spoken to with hate just because they haven't said anything about the BLM movement- some are braver than others and we are all still learning so I didn't instantly think negatively about it but I felt disappointed she came back without saying anything at all. Not saying anything about the movement or acknowledging it in the very least disappointed me. I finally unfollowed her, I just feel like she could do better, be better about it all, but doesn't care about how that makes her followers feel, especially someone like me who is half african.

Finally my question: what was her stint of "repeated racism" exactly? can anyone let me know please? All I know about was her friend saying something about the kkk in her vlog. But apparently something happened recently?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Finally my question: what was her stint of "repeated racism" exactly? can anyone let me know please? All I know about was her friend saying something about the kkk in her vlog. But apparently something happened recently?
Welcome to the party, here’s a cup of hot tea ☕

I believe she put up a black square on blackout Tuesday, was challenged on the fact she’s never really tried to educate herself, turned off comments, deleted post, and then left Instagram “for good” (one month). She hasn’t even attempted to apologise for her ignorance this time around.

She also referred to her dog’s coat as being an “Afro”.

She's been back ever since acting like nothing happened and nobody else exists but her. Affiliate link after affiliate link.

Reactions: 8
Welcome to the party, here’s a cup of hot tea ☕

I believe she put up a black square on blackout Tuesday, was challenged on the fact she’s never really tried to educate herself, turned off comments, deleted post, and then left Instagram “for good” (one month). She hasn’t even attempted to apologise for her ignorance this time around.

She also referred to her dog’s coat as being an “Afro”.
she’s also repeatedly used the phrase “throwing/having a Paddy” despite being made aware (if she wasn’t to begin with) that it’s not on.

her & lee both mocked the accent of a lady from a call centre when they were moaning about their internet connection to BT

Reactions: 6
It wasn't even just what was said tho, it was her reaction to all of it. She said as soon as she was aware she took down the video. She actually left it up for a few days, then just edited music over it. Then she posted the "no fucks given" post, followed by trying to use candice as "look at me, I'm friends with a woman of colour, so can't be racist". She posted her positive pants first thing in the morning on blackout Tuesday, then realised she shouldn't have posted, removed it and swapped for the black square, which she deleted first thing the next day. She must have really loved her positive pants one tho, as she used it as her come back pic after disappearing "for good".
I'd like to direct the op to the post she put on her personal (wasn’t private at the time) Facebook Post, where she felt the need to explain to the people that know her in real life why she did her flit, without a secomd thought to her loyal sheep that stuck through her through liftgate, the cancer scare(next ad), dlp and every other book she's made in the last 2yrs!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She also described the dogs hair as a "fro" in a derogatory way, Not being like an afro style in a positive wsy. She said his coat desp needed sorting out, saying his fro needs sorting, as if afro hair is messy/ dirty.I m pretty sure she didn't remove it. Verybiffensive. Didn't she imitate the accent of a Jamaican / carribean when she was in Labour being vlogged??? Correct me if I m wrong peeps. ( even tho she knew she shouldn't have been finishing in the hospital)

Cancer scare?
Yeah, had a breast screening appointment for a lump, thankfully nothing to worry about. Luckily her new jumper from next *swipe up* made her feel so much better 🙄
She also described the dogs hair as a "fro" in a derogatory way, Not being like an afro style in a positive wsy. She said his coat desp needed sorting out, saying his fro needs sorting, as if afro hair is messy/ dirty.I m pretty sure she didn't remove it. Verybiffensive. Didn't she imitate the accent of a Jamaican / carribean when she was in Labour being vlogged??? Correct me if I m wrong peeps. ( even tho she knew she shouldn't have been finishing in the hospital)
She edited the pic to say his "do" after we'd pointed out what she said made it sound like she though "fro's" were dirty etc

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.