Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chocolate Crispie

I think with Lee changing his user name on insta there was always big changes coming in regards to Mrs Meldrum and this has just pushed it to that.

Rebecca, Lee you clearly read here which no-one forces you to do. You can’t blame trolls for this downfall, over the last year there has been one mistake after another and they never get addressed so in turn people are going to start questioning you, it doesn’t mean they are trolls.
Being called all publicly the other day was not FQ trolling but doing what we are being educated to do within regards to racism. The vast majority of people commenting on your posts are not people from here or at least I have never commented, messaged you directly or contacted brands.
To completely disappear off your socials and deserting your loyal fans that have kept you in the lifestyle you wanted is just wrong, a post/video or a story which can then be saved should have been put up apologising and acknowledging your mistakes and of course a thank you to your fans, not a woe is me, then either delete or take a break from it all.
You must see yourself that engagement was at an all time low, not only from your fans but yourself too so maybe it is time to step back, refocus and engage with your children away from the camera.
This is purely just my humble opinion, but I certainly don’t want to see a family destroyed over social media and I truly hope Rebecca, Lee and the girls can get over this together and see that it’s not the be all and end all filming every move for a few freebies.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Ezra84

She will be back. Attention seeking at its best. She’s been told to drop the surname now. It’s all tactical. I have no doubt

• Heart
  • Angry

VeronicaCrank

Just out of interest where does everyone think it went wrong for her? I think it was when they moved. She genuinely seemed happy pre poppy and the pregnancy and early days seemed to hit her hard. I really liked their old house. Even before they had that snug put on. She became really unrelatable when they moved to murder manison
Everything went sideways after the sold their old house. The process of buying the new one really brought out her nasty side, at least on camera. She stomped her feet until she got the house she wanted, Lee never wanted that house as he knew it was too expensive. The bigger house came with, in her words, a mortgage up to their eyeballs and the stress of that caused her to grab any advertising work she was given whether it fit her life or not. It was ad after ad after ad and lie after lie after lie in order to cover up all the mistakes she was making rather than just coming clean. She might have had good intentions with her YouTube in the beginning but she saw the £££ signs instead of the people who actually followed her. It's like celebrities who disregard their fans, they will eventually turn on you if you don't appreciate the people who put you in the position you're in. It's clear as day that she given her Tropics group a "reason" she's offline and.no one else. In the end, it came down to fleecing as much money as possible out of people and those who were lining her pockets are the only ones worthy of her time.

Catwoman

VIP Member
I laugh, it's all about her. Nothing about what opportunities and lifestyle the experience gave in return. What about a sound financial future for their family? 🤔 The influencers life of cheating, lying and greedy ways that gave them holidays, the clothes, the make up, the home improvements, the cars and all the fake shit they were paid to advertise and sell to ordinary, sometimes vulnerable followers. No let's just gloss over that.The difference the past few days is real people she knows and have met, not invisible bastard 'trolls' have called her out, brands called her out again. That was a massive change in opinion. So what you deleted your account with 106k followers? Seriously love, if that's friends and family (including Pentland) on that Facebook account they're not impressed by that shizzle. Many were bought, many more you treated like shit along the way, many of whom ended up in here. Most of us initially fighting for you to turn it around. So what if half of those 106k followers still really care about her? She's literally giving them all the middle finger!

If she means it and she's happy then seriously good luck to her. But it's been a rash decision, threatened many times I'd say. But more importantly I bet I'm not the only one to breath a sigh of relief for those 3 girls. Sadly though, I think the decision wasn't made with the girls as the priority, its never been the case.
It's a pity that the structure and support of school is not there until August in Scotland. I think they could all be doing with it just now.

• Heart

Porkiepies

VIP Member
Oh Bec my lovely, I'm so so so sad to see you've deleted/privated accounts rather than face your problems head on. Sadly not everything can be buried in Lee's hole.
As someone mentioned earlier in the thread this is likely gaslighting loyal fans, to encourage sympathy and the usual spin blaming bastard trolls.

If someone genuinely felt bad for their actions they would accept the criticism, they would apologise and they would ride the storm to regain a little respect.
Not delete, not go quiet and not play around changing names, job descriptions and look desperate to hang on to their brand.

• Heart

Tartanlass

Chatty Member
Sorry guyzz but I'm beginning to think that what ever Rebecca does she will get shit for.
Tattle said Mrs M should delete her Instagram, quit youtube & keep her life private, she didn't for ages and she got shit for it.
Now rebs deleted her social media tattle says she's selfish and wrong for just leaving her sheep without an explanation.

Whatever she does shes doomed.
I’ll politely disagree. She could have written something on her OWN page explaining why she was going to come off social media and then left. However instead she comes off everything without a word to her followers and we get the “poor Rebecca” post from lee.

I am responsible for my actions - what I say and do. However when I screw up I put my hand up and admit to it. As an adult she has repeatedly failed to do this.

Anyway she’ll be back eyeballing the camera before we know it.

• Heart

InstaFamous

Harry Potter and the Audacity of This Bitch....she should have been focusing on being a mum since the day her children were born.

• Haha

Ezra84

I’m sure tropics will love to know she is blaming them for not being able to handle it. She never ever learns. So far she’s been off social media a matter of hours and already put a fb post up and fb tropics post up and lees post up. I give it a week 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart

gee13

VIP Member
Does it make anyone else feel a little sick to
imagine her sitting there this morning typing that out on lees page... “it’s been a tough old year...” 🤮 can just imagine her with her hot cuppa, eating her cereal while looking at herself in the mirror 🤣

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
She had deleted Mrs meldrum to be tropic Rebecca 100%. She plans to make her £8,000 per month from that and not need the Mrs Meldrum followers so long as she has the Tropic ones.
This...got it in one.

I'm Rebecca, your friendly Tropics ambassador. Who is this Mrs Meldrum you speak of?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Aazp8687

So she’s a tropics customer rather than an ambassador now?? 😬

She’s definitely had her knuckles rapped this week! Been brought down a peg or three it seems.....

Oh well, karma is a bitch eh. You can’t have it all grabby!

• Heart
  • Haha
Don’t you know, disagreeing with anyone with over 100k followers is trolling. You gotta support girl boss women babes! No negativity on these little squares / her corner of the internet! Get your positive (size 4, obvs) pants on!

• Haha

Dodobobo

I think her saying 'mrs meldrum will haunt me' and putting a laughing face just shows her true colours and the lack of respect she has for the people who did engage and follow her. What a cop out, not even a decent goodbye to them!

• Heart

Tartanlass

Chatty Member
If that’s closure for her so be it. Very much still laying the blame with other people rather than her own actions though.

Awhenny

VIP Member
I think going on and on and on about self care alienated people as well. All very well self-caring when there is 2 parents are home! Majority, if not all, sahp dont have the choice of self care when their partner is at work. Bit much to listen to someone harp on about routines and how easy it is to get to the gym or do their nails or go the hairdressers and you just have to prioritise! When the other parent is home.
When lee quit the rigs, she never took the bull by the horns and thought im going to make a go of this. It was all i'll do it tomorrow, the editing was rushed, no pĺanning, all by the seat of the pants stuff. She didnt actually realise you have to put in the work!

• Heart

Notenoughgin

VIP Member
I think there were two main shifts that caused irreparable damage for the Meldrums. First was when Lee gave up his job offshore. Being a SAHM with a partner who works away is a is good viewing. I was in the same situation for a year after my youngest was born, before I went back to work. There’s a lot about routines etc that you can make YT content about. With Lee as a f/t stay at home dad the shift to needing social media to generate the AD revenue was uncomfortable to me. ESP as so many adverts were badly done and disingenuous. I never felt any of her ‘really really loving blah’ came across as genuine at all. Even more so when all the gifted white shows up on local selling pages!! The next big mistake, I agree, was the purchase of that house. Not only it’s tragic history but the style and layout just doesn’t suit a young family. Their old house was great! If they really had wanted to move, if I were them I would have looked at doing a self build or something. Loads of content there! But I don’t think tv eyre bright enough or have a good enough work ethic to have done something like that!

Last edited:
  • Heart

EdgyLegend

VIP Member
Sorry guyzz but I'm beginning to think that what ever Rebecca does she will get shit for.
Tattle said Mrs M should delete her Instagram, quit youtube & keep her life private, she didn't for ages and she got shit for it.
Now rebs deleted her social media tattle says she's selfish and wrong for just leaving her sheep without an explanation.

Whatever she does shes doomed.
It's not about deleting without explanation, its the purpose of deleting and the manner in which she's done it that's the problem. Its done to control the sheep, to deflect from her actions and guilt trip/frighten followers into never disagreeing with her. It's not deleting because she is done finished being an influencer

• Heart