Mrs Meldrum #82 Beggys troppics are so dreamy they made splat on the ceiling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@fireflies You sound very responsible with your puppy, and have clearly done your research and planned accordingly.
I doubt Reb did any of this tbh, she just turned up with a puppy one day that her husband didn't even want, after saying for years she hates animals 🙈
We foster a lot of puppies as unfortunately in the country we live in dogs are abandoned far too often (more so than the UK, it's not unusual to see a pure pedigree dog running across the street as a stray here), and the rescue centers we foster for always try to explain to families rescuing puppies the time and effort involved in puppy training and recommend that if they have young children and haven't had a dog before it may be best to wait as they'd rather the dogs go to good, forever homes then go somewhere where they might end up back in the pound 😔

I hope this makes sense, I've confused myself 🙈 basically, I'm trying to say not all families with young children that get a puppy/dog are asking for trouble and it will end badly, just that I've seen it happen a lot and that whilst the kids are toddler age(and have never been around dogs) a family in my opinion would be better off waiting until their older ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I get the feeling, S is scared of the dog, not seen either older girls interact with him much really, pat walks to fill a story box, it’s no good pats disciplining the dog either when he’s away for chunks at a time, he ain’t the balls anyway prob get R ask why he’s telling her dog off!. I don’t get any feeling with him tbh, the dog was clearly just a whim for insta. Poppy is usual 2 yr old and into things, and she’s the lowest on the pecking order the dog will dominate her, if allowed to. And well pissflaps she don’t look like she would shout at her Bertie boy does she. So so confusing for the dog telling him he shouldn’t be upstairs Yet being playful with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah it’s something like “play on the bikes and go over to see Grampy”

😡😡😡😡😡
Oh dear. Another birthday vlog, another poor edited vlog to get them in trouble again.
You'd think after #liftgate they would learn. Check, check and check again. They need to get some of us eagle eyed and eared tattlers on the payroll to check their editing before hitting the post button.

Reactions: 16
@fireflies You sound very responsible with your puppy, and have clearly done your research and planned accordingly.
I doubt Reb did any of this tbh, she just turned up with a puppy one day that her husband didn't even want, after saying for years she hates animals 🙈
We foster a lot of puppies as unfortunately in the country we live in dogs are abandoned far too often (more so than the UK, it's not unusual to see a pure pedigree dog running across the street as a stray here), and the rescue centers we foster for always try to explain to families rescuing puppies the time and effort involved in puppy training and recommend that if they have young children and haven't had a dog before it may be best to wait as they'd rather the dogs go to good, forever homes then go somewhere where they might end up back in the pound 😔

I hope this makes sense, I've confused myself 🙈 basically, I'm trying to say not all families with young children that get a puppy/dog are asking for trouble and it will end badly, just that I've seen it happen a lot and that whilst the kids are toddler age(and have never been around dogs) a family in my opinion would be better off waiting until their older ❤
Thank you. I totally get your point and sadly I do know of 2 families who dident think it through and gave their dogs up.
I have 4 kids 2 over 10 9 and nearly 2.
Because I had such huge gap it's been real shock going back to toddler stage.
I think we forgot how hard the toddler years were.
At pound point I had 3 under 5 I never woukd have contemplates getting a dog then.
Even 3 under 10 I be like no it's too much hard work.
My older 2 are years 6 and 9 they fairly independent and responsible.
I only have to closely supervise the toddler and the dog. The 9 year old is fairly sensible most of the time I trained my kids well lol .
We have large house and planning using room divider 2nd lounge to give the dog more space to play by himself and separate the dog from the dining room/ kitchen and the toddler at all times.
The toddler can onky touch the dog if me or husband in the room.
We know it's going take lot time train the dog and the toddler.
We used to foster rabbits and guini pigs they were hard work.
We adopted 2 piggies and they lived 5 years.

Reactions: 3
Yeah it’s something like “play on the bikes and go over to see Grampy”

😡😡😡😡😡
They really irritate me the way they seem to think this whole thing is a load of crap. Not to mention I still think Lee should have isolated when he came back onshore but as usual Lord and Lady of Monster Mansion decided the rules don’t bleeping stand for them.

Reactions: 9
I started watching her vlogs just before she had Poppy and I was pregnant at the time and found her really relatable and normal, now I just can't stand her!! I've just watched the birthday vlog and when she says I've spent this morning alone it was "bliss" 🤦 as a mum I would want to spend my birthday with my kids. Yes we will love a bit of alone time and time for ourselves (God I live for bedtimes 😂) but since having children my birthdays have been about family and being together, why have three children if you don't even want to spend time with them on your birthday!! It makes me so angry that there's people in this world that would do anything to have kids and here she is with 3 and doesn't even appreciate what she's got!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Thank you. I totally get your point and sadly I do know of 2 families who dident think it through and gave their dogs up.
I have 4 kids 2 over 10 9 and nearly 2.
Because I had such huge gap it's been real shock going back to toddler stage.
I think we forgot how hard the toddler years were.
At pound point I had 3 under 5 I never woukd have contemplates getting a dog then.
Even 3 under 10 I be like no it's too much hard work.
My older 2 are years 6 and 9 they fairly independent and responsible.
I only have to closely supervise the toddler and the dog. The 9 year old is fairly sensible most of the time I trained my kids well lol .
We have large house and planning using room divider 2nd lounge to give the dog more space to play by himself and separate the dog from the dining room/ kitchen and the toddler at all times.
The toddler can only touch the dog if me or husband in the room.
We know it's going take lot time train the dog and the toddler.
We used to foster rabbits and guini pigs they were hard work.
We adopted 2 piggies and they lived 5 years.

The meldrum girls dident seem at all exited about the dog
Pat seems frustrated the dogs around his ankles now he has go into garden early morning and scooping poop.
I be cross letting the dog onto their bed.

Sorry same post came through twice

Reactions: 3
Can someone give me a timestamp to Poppy saying Bertie bit her? Can’t be arsed to watch a full minute of her crap...

Reactions: 6
[QUOTE="Rodney2208, post: 1208706,

I think they expect him to just know how to behave and it just happens... if they don’t start sorting it soon it will be untrained and not well behaved for life!
[/QUOTE]
Like it’s owner

Reactions: 7
Poor Poppy. Bertie is a playful puppy but he needs strict boundaries so that he learns appropriate behaviour. Littles girl's face could be scarred for life or worse if he isn't taught at a young age.

I just asked my husband to guess her age, he said 48-50. She is a very bad advertisement for skincare. I hope the tropics helps her out but I doubt it as she doesn't seem to know what or when to apply.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 9
What a lot of people forget when they get a dog, aww they look cute, but not thinking what sort of temperament they will have, he is half Cocker Spaniel, half poodle (so we have been told) if he is anything like my Cocker was he will be hyper and will need a lot of stimulation, I have no idea what a Poodle temperament is like, so cannot comment on that, he looks a lot bigger than my male Cocker was, but that could be because of his unkempt fur.

Cockers are sniffers, they love new smells, they also want to please, so are easy to train as long as there is a treat at the end of it, if she lets him get away with what he is doing now, he will think it is the norm, he is young, she should start harder training, firmer commands but she won’t because it is too much effort on her part.

The number one rule is NEVER leave a child and dog together on their own, no matter what length of time it is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I made myself watch that part, it was actually quite disturbing that no one really acknowledged that the dog had just bit Poppy’s face!
She doesn’t need food, she needs a cuddled & her face checked!
All 3 kids need to be taught how to interact safely with Bertie and he needs trained properly. That’s twice we’ve seen P nipped and her parents ignore it.

I fear there will be a serious incident and it will be no ones fault apart from the ‘adults’ of the house.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Christ imagine asking your two year old what the weather is like because you’ve been in bed while they’ve been outside 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 8
She screamed when they were stood by the bbq just before the other incident, so I’d imagine he went for her then too.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I haven't watched the vlog but if the dog is biting Poppy they need to be careful. I'm a registered nurse and worked in a pre surgical assessment unit. We sometimes had kids coming in with dog bites and it always had to be treated as a safeguarding issue.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Oh FFS. Just watched the 12 minute segment. Fuming even more now. Is no one going to mention poppy getting bitten on the face then? She will only delete and block but it infuriates me that all of her fans are so far up her arse that it will go unnoticed. If they're putting stuff like that IN the vlog, what are they leaving out? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They really irritate me the way they seem to think this whole thing is a load of crap. Not to mention I still think Lee should have isolated when he came back onshore but as usual Lord and Lady of Monster Mansion decided the rules don’t bleeping stand for them.
I'm pretty sure it was "play on the bikes with grampy" 😡😡😡😡. My kids are desperate to see their grandad, but they're not seeing him because I'm not a MASSIVE head!!!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.