Mrs Meldrum #8 Belter Hobbits & Bad Boy Mushrooms Unite, Rebby's On Tattle And Looking For A Fight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re driving more and more traffic over here themselves. I’ve not read all the threads on here, is Reb’s the worst though? I wonder if they’re actually subtly trying to spread the word about the meldrums without actually coming out and saying it themselves.
I wouldn’t be surprised tbh, they seem like they all talk behind each other’s backs. That insta post Brummy put up was definitely aimed at Rebecca.

I also find it funny they think they’re special and we only talk about them, there are threads about nearly everyone either here or other sites ?

Reactions: 11
I messaged ThisMamaLife directly to explain that people come on here especially when we cannot voice an opinion without being blocked, even when it is very polite. Sarah is one of the best at labelling her paid posts, and making her posts engaging and original. I have so much respect for her as a mother who not only does her IG/YouTube but has a full time job, 2 kids and a husband who is away in the armed forces. I fully support all her ads (which actually are few and far between) as they are honest, transparent and beneficial to her hard working family. She messaged back and is so nice. I hope she does feed back.
Her ads include a paid one for RBL charity - maybe she’ll also explain why she took money from a charity. ?

Reactions: 5
Her ads include a paid one for RBL charity - maybe she’ll also explain why she took money from a charity. ?
SHe said it wasn't from the charity as mumsnet paid :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, I don't think she is thick enough to not know the charity did pay but indirectly through mumsnet as they were the marketing agency that did the brand deal.

Reactions: 4
Well I’d only ever watched one vlog, but followed her on IG since just before poppy was born. However since these threads I’ve watched loads more trying to a) understand why people watch them and b) to see what you are all talking about
I found her primark haul quite handy to be honest, although I’d never have watched something like that before, so I guess the old saying no publicity is bad publicity must be a thing.

What was the DLP issue? I was aware they went and they didn’t take P.

Charities do put money aside for marketing purposes though. If it wasn't her it would be someone else and actually it is very fitting for her due to her husband's job.

I have nothing against this mama life. They are a hard working family and she declares everything.

Well I’d only ever watched one vlog, but followed her on IG since just before poppy was born. However since these threads I’ve watched loads more trying to a) understand why people watch them and b) to see what you are all talking about
I found her primark haul quite handy to be honest, although I’d never have watched something like that before, so I guess the old saying no publicity is bad publicity must be a thing.

What was the DLP issue? I was aware they went and they didn’t take P.
That is nice dear. They tried to make out they were taking the girls for Safiyas bday then when questioned when there stayed they weren't paid but were kindly gifted a vip guide but left out the fact the whole bloody trip was gifted therefore an ad by cma standards.

Reactions: 1
Charities have marketing budgets. Just lets play devils advocate; If Sarah didn't take the money would RBL not have just used it to pay someone else for another ad?
Edit - ah @Nicolej33 we seem to be of the same opinion ??

Reactions: 1
If I were paid by a charity to make a FIVE MINUTE video, especially a charity close to my heart, I would give the money back to the charity. My conscience wouldn’t allow me to keep the money, especially for so little work. My mother died from cancer & it would be abhorrent for me to accept money from a cancer charity. If they want to pay someone else that’s up to them. I just couldn’t do it.

Reactions: 19
If I were paid by a charity to make a FIVE MINUTE video, especially a charity close to my heart, I would give the money back to the charity. My conscience wouldn’t allow me to keep the money, especially for so little work. My mother died from cancer & it would be abhorrent for me to accept money from a cancer charity. If they want to pay someone else that’s up to them. I just couldn’t do it.
Evidently not everyone has a conscience though Queenie! I agree it doesn't sit right with me at all.

Reactions: 6
I dont want to sound like this mama life fan club.

I know she meets up with reb

But i like her. She works so hard
She lives in bog standard small rental accommodation and makes it nice so feel like i can relate to that as we currently rent.
She does a few ads but they clearly labelled.
To work full time then do social media/you tube and have 2 kids whilst practically being a single parent must be hard.

I do wish she slow down a bit as all looks so tiring.
I enjoy majority of her videos.

I feel uneasy about that British legion ad as think they took advantage of her position.

Shes nothing like reb.

Lets face it the whole followers and influencers are freinds is fake.

Channel mums are work colleagues
I expect lots jealously and bitchyness behind the scenes.

They must all know meldrums have brought attention on them all.
Reb hardly sees any of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don't want to take up Edgy's thread with this mama life but she wasn't transparent about the charity vlogs, tried to hide it by saying she was paid my mumsnet not the charity, didn't get back to the person who asked her to explain how that worked and deleted and blocked liked her old pal Reb if anyone asked a straightforward question about it.

Call me a Negative Nancy if you want, but I’m still finding an air of contempt and condescension in these mummy vlogger replies.

Reactions: 13
I messaged ThisMamaLife directly to explain that people come on here especially when we cannot voice an opinion without being blocked, even when it is very polite. Sarah is one of the best at labelling her paid posts, and making her posts engaging and original. I have so much respect for her as a mother who not only does her IG/YouTube but has a full time job, 2 kids and a husband who is away in the armed forces. I fully support all her ads (which actually are few and far between) as they are honest, transparent and beneficial to her hard working family. She messaged back and is so nice. I hope she does feed back.
That’s good she messaged back. She is lovely. There was a while ago too that she was backing up Mrs M about house address being shared when Mrs M was using that as a ploy to gain people’s trust when the shared equity was found out. Thismamalife supported her Saying it was awful her address was shared, which they didn’t share, when she couldn’t see it was being used as a smoke screen by Mrs M to hide the fact it was shared equity.

Reactions: 3
So was the Meldrums previous house shared equity but they were too embarrassed to admit it? I just assumed they fully owned it.

So was the Meldrums previous house shared equity but they were too embarrassed to admit it? I just assumed they fully owned it.
^ Yes. They part "owned" it with the council but didn't let their viewers know. It would have ruined her high class image she likes to portray.

Yes it only came to light when someone posted a like to the councils page when they put the property up for sale. The person was very polite and asked if they had any advice on shared equity housing.

Rebs flipped out and went on about how people had shared her address!! It was around the same time the inghams put their house on the market and they complained about the exact same thing. When actually it was their own stupidity of keeping anything private.

When they did a video about mortgages they didn't reveal it was shared ownership. Even it that video it was clear Reb has nothing between the eyes and when Lee was explaining the different types of mortgages etc she was bored within five seconds and pitched a fit saying people didn't want to hear all of that. She was clueless about it all and admitted he dealt with all the bills and finances.

Before it gets deleted feast your eyes!

She probably thought she’d better shut him up before he let on about the shared ownership!

Reactions: 11
" I don't think we should have anything about mortgages in this video"

Lee shut up! You're going to alert everyone to the fact that we don't own our house!

Reb- LALALALALA *PLUGS EARS*
This is so boring!...

That's right Reb, you've just highlighted yet again what a spoilt, immature, quite frankly stupid little girl you are (y)

She probably thought she’d better shut him up before he let on about the shared ownership!
:LOL: Literally just said this!

Reactions: 12
Yes. They loved the attention they were getting from followers saying no wonder the house sold so quickly it was lovely. Eh, sorry the local council had a potential buyer lined up as they had others on the waiting list for shared equity homes. It didn’t go on the market like others houses do. That’s why it sold so quickly. It was advertised by the local council. They kept it very very quiet. Never ever did they mention it just didn’t belong to them. Rebecca would be absolutely horrified that people found out as it burst the bubble on the grand lifestyle. That’s why it’s all a puzzle how they afforded such an expensive house jumping from a shared equity home to a very expensive one as her accounts show a dire set of accounts that would only lend to purchase a match box

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.