Mrs Meldrum #76 Be kind says Reb, be Kinder says Lee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think November? But the whole greeder/getting Bertie background story seemed a little dodgy.
Even if the breeder had advised that (and she claims to be on every bloody dog owner group), she'll know best... You can't tell her anything.

Reactions: 6
Yelping just makes the biting worse, it over excites them. That’s why you can’t let a child reprimand the dog because they yelp and their voices are quite high pitched. Dogs especially cockers need a firm hand and a firm no.

Reactions: 10
You can nosey on her facebook.. No privacy all can look at her vomit inducing C.F. posts... Bit further back in Jan she put a post/ plead for people to vote for her and/ or Lee to be the new Neilsons holiday ambassdors... ... She had 122 votes when I clicked the link to discharge other day, next highest was 177- so voted for that young woman. God help us if they get the job😫

Reactions: 4
Think November? But the whole greeder/getting Bertie background story seemed a little dodgy.
Even if the breeder had advised that (and she claims to be on every bloody dog owner group), she'll know best... You can't tell her anything.
Lol, just noticed my typo.... GREEDER, instead of breeder.... But maybe it is more appropriate for our Grabecca 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why are she still putting poppy in the tula ..
My 2 year old point blank refuses the pram never mind trying to put them in a carrier

Reactions: 5
The girls aren’t allowed to watch youtube...... but are allowed to star in it and be plastered all over the internet for others to watch. Oh the irony.

She really is thick and thinks she’s protecting her kids by not allowing them to watch YouTube

• Haha
Reactions: 31
The girls aren’t allowed to watch youtube...... but are allowed to star in it and be plastered all over the internet for others to watch. Oh the irony.

She really is thick and thinks she’s protecting her kids by not allowing them to watch YouTube
Yet she posts them all online, including her Facebook page, open to the public. Yet he's the one promoting Internet security.... couple of neeps!

• Sick
Reactions: 17
I wonder if they let them watch the vlogs? They should because they are in it!

Reactions: 6
This is from an article in the Mail online from 2015.

Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 14.02.18.png

She essentially admitted that their private life was 'for sale' and she was happy therefore to " breach her own privacy " but at that point Rebecca did have some concern for the girls but it seemed to centre on "criticism". No one on Tattle criticises the girls and I assume no one does that on her gram / feed etc either so perhaps that scenario has never arisen.

Two things struck me from this statement; one being that she recognised at this point that the vlogs were an "invasion or breach of privacy" but it was her privacy so that was ok. However, now it is her girls privacy.

The second being that she naively seemed to only perceive 'criticism' of the girls would affect her daughters and make her "think twice".

Yesterday I had a chance conversation with a Mum in our community that I have known for some time. Over the last 10 years she had lived out her life on facebook & instagram, not as a vlogger, influencer, business or public figure but as an individual who had her post privacy set to 'public' so all her daughters peers, friends, parents of friends etc could see them all. She has had an alternative lifestyle and her social filter is sometimes misplaced so she occasionally shared things that maybe would have been more appropriate with a 'friends only' setting but it was genuinely done without realising that it was 'out there' for all to see. Three years ago her daughter was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and last year at the age of 16 tried twice to take her own life.
Her daughters peer group had found the facebook page and Instagram hilarious and sufficiently full of cringeworthy content that could be used to taunt, mock and tease this girl. She was torn between loyalty to her Mum but desperately wanting to be 'normal', semi- anonymous and like so many teenagers, just fit in. Her confidence was so eroded she never knew when she saw some of her friends laughing whether they were laughing at her or not and she decided it would be easier not to be here.

Does Rebecca still intend to "think twice if her daughters are affected" as she stated in the press article, or take preventative action now before this happens. Everything she has put in the public domain that intrudes into their privacy has the potential to affect her girls and not by some "troll" living in a remote location criticising the girls in a comment online, but by her providing an incredible volume of content to the local peer group.

This last week Rebecca and Lee have called for laws against trolls as apparently they identify with celebrities. Many celebrities are actually very protective of their children's privacy only permitting photographs of them in very controlled environments and certainly do not feature them in 30 minute family vlogs on a regular basis or have multiple images of them issued daily via Insta stories. Potentially this is a ticking bomb.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Well if Neilson Holidays are following the entrants on social media, the Meldrums are certainly NOT going to come across as stable, reliable and adventure seeking. Trips to the woods and uploading only if they can be arsed are hardly a good investment. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Catwoman so bloody true... She/ they aren't even adventurers in Scotland let alone say 20 miles radius of their home!! I know nothing about Scotland from their vlogs.. As a Midlander and past londoner!! The are the total opposite of adventurers if it's not gifted!! pathetic.. Show them a castle, Scottish heritage, explore nature/ glens that's not that bloody boring bloody wood..again. Those kids don't even do birdwatching or explore wildlife.😠

• Heart

View attachment 87173

She essentially admitted that their private life was 'for sale' and she was happy therefore to " breach her own privacy " but at that point Rebecca did have some concern for the girls but it seemed to centre on "criticism". No one on Tattle criticises the girls and I assume no one does that on her gram / feed etc either so perhaps that scenario has never arisen.

Two things struck me from this statement; one being that she recognised at this point that the vlogs were an "invasion or breach of privacy" but it was her privacy so that was ok. However, now it is her girls privacy.

The second being that she naively seemed to only perceive 'criticism' of the girls would affect her daughters and make her "think twice".

Yesterday I had a chance conversation with a Mum in our community that I have known for some time. Over the last 10 years she had lived out her life on facebook & instagram, not as a vlogger, influencer, business or public figure but as an individual who had her post privacy set to 'public' so all her daughters peers, friends, parents of friends etc could see them all. She has had an alternative lifestyle and her social filter is sometimes misplaced so she occasionally shared things that maybe would have been more appropriate with a 'friends only' setting but it was genuinely done without realising that it was 'out there' for all to see. Three years ago her daughter was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and last year at the age of 16 tried twice to take her own life.
Her daughters peer group had found the facebook page and Instagram hilarious and sufficiently full of cringeworthy content that could be used to taunt, mock and tease this girl. She was torn between loyalty to her Mum but desperately wanting to be 'normal', semi- anonymous and like so many teenagers, just fit in. Her confidence was so eroded she never knew when she saw some of her friends laughing whether they were laughing at her or not and she decided it would be easier not to be here.

Does Rebecca still intend to "think twice if her daughters are affected" as she stated in the press article, or take preventative action now before this happens. Everything she has put in the public domain that intrudes into their privacy has the potential to affect her girls and not by some "troll" living in a remote location criticising the girls in a comment online, but by her providing an incredible volume of content to the local peer group.

This last week Rebecca and Lee have called for laws against trolls as apparently they identify with celebrities. Many celebrities are actually very protective of their children's privacy only permitting photographs of them in very controlled environments and certainly do not feature them in 30 minute family vlogs on a regular basis or have multiple images of them issued daily via Insta stories. Potentially this is a ticking bomb.
That is desperately sad. I hope the family and particularly the teen get through this. That's terrifying. 😔
I think the first thing to hit the Meldrum girls will be others telling them the history of the house. I hope they have prepared themselves as a family for how they will deal with it. 😕

Reactions: 13
Catwoman so bloody true... She/ they aren't even adventurers in Scotland let alone say 20 miles radius of their home!! I know nothing about Scotland from their vlogs.. As a Midlander and past londoner!! The are the total opposite of adventurers if it's not gifted!! pathetic.. Show them a castle, Scottish heritage, explore nature/ glens that's not that bloody boring bloody wood..again. Those kids don't even do birdwatching or explore wildlife.😠
And with the new bypass road, accessing more beautiful parts of Aberdeenshire is so much easier now. She just doesn't explore further than 'her' woods.

View attachment 87173

Such a fantastic post. So sorry for your freinds daughter hope it improves.
I grew up in small town where everyone knows every ones business and when you slightest bit different kids can be cruel.
I would be worried about their classmates being unkind and paedophiles copying thier images.

Very true about celebrities and their children unless they have reality show.
The royal families kids have greater privacy.

I never realised the daily mail published poppy birth.
Up until racism articles she welcomes press and publicity.

Some of the commments were hilarious

Then there's the article she disliked
I'm a honest person
Winning personality
Aims to be a you tube millionaire
Likens her to holly w from this morning
She said social media filming was addictive and lucrative
That the row in Aldi was fake/ staged
She's shown 2 live births so 20k.

Please tell me she's not winning the neilson comp.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I assume she didnt win! 🤣
She did not. Pretty sure there is a blog about it. Or maybe it was on stories. But the jist of it is that her and Cath went to London, they BRIEFLY met CF and Andrew Brady (who they thought were super cute and loved up), Reb lost and they came home.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
With so few comments, it's hardly going to take a while. Pretty tit engagement in that last post. Even the hearty likes are 😴

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.