Mrs Meldrum #58 Feral pops is on the weed, i’m so so tired...aren’t I Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mental health is nothing more than a handy tool for engagement with people like Mrs meldrum. There's no stigma in 2019.

Having a public life does have a downside. If it's really that bad she can stop sharing her families private life to flog products. Its easy money for an easy job so to some extent can see why it's difficult to give up.

Social media infuencer isn't a long term career. Join the real world Rebecca where a job for life doesn't exist.
Absolutely there is stigma still surrounding mental health. My brother is struggling big time with depression and suicidal ideation right now and most of his friends have given him the cold shoulder because "as a man" he should just get on with it. If mental health wasn't so stigmatised, then we wouldn't need days like Mental Health Day.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Lee's contribution to Mental Health Day. That's fine Lee, but you might want to tell your wife to read the last 4 lines😏.

20191010_142728.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
It too much for her followers to be thanking her for talking about a taboo subject. There's nothing taboo about a social media infuencer talking about mental health. It's bread and butter.

Reactions: 18
I don’t really know why Lee thinks that the Rocky quote is even particularly suitable - him & his wife have no idea how to cope when they get “knocked down” - she acts like a 5 year old who’s been told she can’t have any more sweeties and he acts like a twit. They have never had to “go and get what they are worth”

the ignorance is astonishing.

Reactions: 26
20191010_145849.jpg

You forgot to add anyone who asks you a question that you don't want to answer, even though it's a perfectly polite one🤷‍♀️.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Agree.

I don’t think she has an actual illness as such.
I think she’s a product of her upbringing and just hasn’t been equipped with the skills or experiences needed to allow her to cope as a functioning responsible adult.
she’s been handed everything on a plate her whole life and is surrounded by people who don’t seem to ever stand up to her or question her. That’s why she reacts so badly whenever she is questioned about anything - she sees it as an attack and can’t think logically to see it from an adult perspective.
She can’t cope with the normal pressure of adult life/parental responsibility- that’s why she’s having a flap every time Lee is offshore now - because she doesn’t have someone there to fluff her ego and take the strain
shes just unbelievably pampered and has lead a very sheltered little life where she’s always in the right and can do no wrong.
This!!! I had a complete breakdown 11 years ago the darkest place I've ever seen, you can't do anything for yourself... My wonderful hubby carried me to the toilet because I couldn't walk, ran the shower, washed me whilst I sat there sobbing, dried me, dressed me and fed me, I've seen mental health and I'm sorry that Mrs M is struggling but I truly hope she never gets so low Lee hides anything she can hurt herself with just to try and make the pain, which is physical go away 😢😢😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Yes, there should be absolutely no stigma at all associated with experiencing mental health problems as any one of us can suffer and no one should feel they cannot share difficulties with others. But, I personally feel there is a danger that if everyone who is feeling a bit low, fed up or anxious (which we all do at times), claims to be suffering from a mental health problem then the enduring and crippling effects of genuine mental health problems are undermined. These cases will not be the type that respond to hot cups of tea, long baths and candles. I really feel that it’s important that there is a distinction between the two or saying that you are experiencing a mental health problem will become entirely meaningless.

And as for the endless lack of sleep chat... I, like most others have, for various reasons, had to go into work several times over the last 3 or 4 years after having no sleep at all. It’s not pleasant but I realise that I’m not alone! When a non sleep night is followed by a non-work day then I’m so grateful that, even though I will still be busy with domestic chores, I can manage my own time to a large extent! What a whinge!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This!!! I had a complete breakdown 11 years ago the darkest place I've ever seen, you can't do anything for yourself... My wonderful hubby carried me to the toilet because I couldn't walk, ran the shower, washed me whilst I sat there sobbing, dried me, dressed me and fed me, I've seen mental health and I'm sorry that Mrs M is struggling but I truly hope she never gets so low Lee hides anything she can hurt herself with just to try and make the pain, which is physical go away 😢😢😢
Absolutely it’s not being rock bottom and then 5 minutes later posing with a glass of fizz in your hand grinning like the bleeping cat that got the cream 😤
Hope you continue to have a good recovery people don’t realise that this is the rest of your life not just the dark moments you’ve had in the past. All it takes is the smallest upset/stress to set you back. 💚

Reactions: 16
Yes, there should be absolutely no stigma at all associated with experiencing mental health problems as any one of us can suffer and no one should feel they cannot share difficulties with others. But, I personally feel there is a danger that if everyone who is feeling a bit low, fed up or anxious (which we all do at times), claims to be suffering from a mental health problem then the enduring and crippling effects of genuine mental health problems are undermined. These cases will not be the type that respond to hot cups of tea, long baths and candles. I really feel that it’s important that there is a distinction between the two or saying that you are experiencing a mental health problem will become entirely meaningless.

This 👆 having suffered severe PND And anxiety it infuriates me when she claims mh. No way a bloody candle and a bath would’ve done anything for me at my darkest time. I 100% believed my daughter would have been better off without me. As a baby when she smiles instead of smiling back at her I would burst into tears. I pitied her so much for being such a gorgeous happy with thing yet being stuck with me as a mum. I felt so sorry for her. A year of intense counselling and a further year of meds and I found my feet. I look back at pictures of my eldest as a baby and I honestly don’t remember barely any of my maternity leave 😭 looking at pics of us together it’s like looking at strangers.
So Rebs take that candle, light it and stick it where the sun don’t shine.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
This 👆 having suffered severe PND And anxiety it infuriates me when she claims mh. No way a bloody candle and a bath would’ve done anything for me at my darkest time. I 100% believed my daughter would have been better off without me. As a baby when she smiles instead of smiling back at her I would burst into tears. I pitied her so much for being such a gorgeous happy with thing yet being stuck with me as a mum. I felt so sorry for her. A year of intense counselling and a further year of meds and I found my feet. I look back at pictures of my eldest as a baby and I honestly don’t remember barely any of my maternity leave 😭 looking at pics of us together it’s like looking at strangers.
So Rebs take that candle, light it and stick it where the sun don’t shine.

I think people (like Rebecca and a host of other influencers) need to understand that feeling sad/low/anxious for a day or two is perfectly normal. As humans we are supposed to feel & experience these things. It’s normal.
Feeling crap for a few days is not the same as having crippling depression. Feeling a bit nervous or anxious is not the same as having anxiety disorder. I hate the way they are all leaping onto this bandwagon. None of them give a tit about raising awareness for mental health issues - they are only talking about it because it’s the buzz word of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think people (like Rebecca and a host of other influencers) need to understand that feeling sad/low/anxious for a day or two is perfectly normal. As humans we are supposed to feel & experience these things. It’s normal.
Feeling crap for a few days is not the same as having crippling depression. Feeling a bit nervous or anxious is not the same as having anxiety disorder. I hate the way they are all leaping onto this bandwagon. None of them give a tit about raising awareness for mental health issues - they are only talking about it because it’s the buzz word of the day.
I agree here that we get very blurred lines about mental health and I don't overly like how it's used for engagement. As you rightly say, we all suffer from highs / lows and there are times when we feel shite, and probably lying in a bubble bath and lighting a candle does help, but there are much deeper, darker mental health issues which shouldn't all be lumped in with those that just require a lush bath bomb to fix it all.

Again, making this distinction would be very helpful from influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Lee's contribution to Mental Health Day. That's fine Lee, but you might want to tell your wife to read the last 4 lines😏.

View attachment 47693
Quoting pissy Morgan ! Seriously the epitome of white privilege an arse of epic proportions ! Also does anyone think he is having a dig at his babe ? because it’s a pretty accurate summing up of her ridiculous behaviour ! Is this more if his passive aggressive behaviour ? Pratty pratface mcprat

Reactions: 20
I’m sorry you went through this 💕

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Spot on 😊👍

Reactions: 4
Exactly we can all feel anxious or worried or stressed or sad that’s normal and a relaxing day, a bit of exeecise, a couple of nights away can be really beneficial. But feeling anxious doesn’t mean you have anxiety. I never truly understood anxiety until I had it. Yes I still functioned - went to work most days, took care of my dusghter etc but I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. She needs to just shut up with one day rock bottom next day living her best life crap

Reactions: 14
First time poster but really need to say something. I think Mrs meldrum is toxic with her mental health messages. Her idea of mental health is feeling a bit tit and being cheered up by a new jumper / candle / crystal. It really minimises actual mental health issues and encourages people to buy tit she advertises rather than seak professional help. I'm very fortunate that I don't have to work and money isn't an issue but that doesn't cure mental health, in a way makes it worse as I'm not kept busy with work. All the crap I used to buy only gave a short fix and was terrible for the planet and didn't address the root causes. I now see a professional and do charity work (which I know is for selfish reasons but it makes me feel good and that people do need me around). I hope that doesn't all come across as gibberish. I don't want to diagnose her but can't stand that she keeps using mental health as an excuse then says it's all better thanks to consumerism that she's out of rock bottom an hour later.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Omg Lee!!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂 the behaviours he’s quoting are exactly what Edgy does! blame everyone else!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.