Mrs Meldrum #54 the manic moonface, turtlehead, the twatty hand and the teapot.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been thinking the past week this woman is never going to change. Quite honestly I've never come across (apart from my narcissistic mother) someone who never, ever seems to learn from her mistakes. She never, ever thinks, oh that's a sensitive subject I won't include that or this will just give more ammunition against me so I won't include that. She happily riles up her followers on a daily basis, in her words, with no fucks given. I joined this thread in October I think it was in the hope that some change could be made, I'm truly glad that she's had deals pulled and everything that has happened to her is HER doing, she has tried to blame others but if she cared that much she would try and change even slightly or even bloody fake it for God's sake, but no she loves all this. She loves being ballsy and appearing she's a boss woman who lifts other women up while treating them like utter tit. She will never change. For that reason I feel my time here is up but I wish you all well with continued laughs and trying to get her to see what she does is so bloody wrong. Take care you lovely lot xxx when you get a gut instinct it's usually right, and mine with her from the start was she just didn't seem to really, truly care about others feelings. She's not a nice person and I stand by that xx
I completely agree with you. She revels in it. Pity the kids growing up tbh. Will certainly miss you @Redbreast 😘

Reactions: 11
I’m an oil wife and daughter but have worked since I was 14 and my mum has worked her whole adult life. A lot of school chums are in the same position and have very successful careers as well as being oil wives now. I have many friends that are oil wives but you would never know. I have never felt this need to be something I’m not and so bleeping pretentious. Aberdeen is full of women like that but I steer well clear as you can feel the fake atmosphere immediately and are easily identifiable on nights out 😆
Can we go for a coffee sometime please? 🤣 Oil-wives-and-daughters-who-don’t-behave-like-oil-wives-and-daughters-united 🤜🏼🤛🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I've got friends of friends that are of the twatty side, one couple in particular all fur coat and no knickers. 2 high end cars, personalised regs, private education for at least one kid, but then having to put their food shop and petrol (the basics) on the credit cards, never paying it off. All for show. What a life! 😂
It’s so common it’s unbelievable! 500k house, 2 Audis on the drive with personalised reg each, dripping in designer gear, but everything is maxed out. That’s the North East formula 👌🏼🤢😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Please don't think I'm being rude towards you or many, but we're agreeing a little 😊. It's the twatty side of the 'oil brigade' that's full on fuckwit! Many my age were pretty tit at school but made it big. The identikit usually blonds driving cars they can't see out of and certainly cannot park! I've got friends of friends that are of the twatty side, one couple in particular all fur coat and no knickers. 2 high end cars, personalised regs, private education for at least one kid, but then having to put their food shop and petrol (the basics) on the credit cards, never paying it off. All for show. What a life! 😂
Absolutely this 👆🏻 My OH was expelled from 2 schools but has worked hard to get where he is from nothing, he’s not raking it in but considering where he started it’s an impressive turnaround and he’s not the only one sticking 2 fingers up to the snobs who talk tit about the area he grew up in and schools he attended.
Mortgages to the hilt, car finance, loans, credit cards, online shopping accounts, the list is endless! At the end of the month I know we have enough money to survive and have nice extras once the bills are paid without having to rely on credit. See it daily where we now live but my house wouldn’t be good enough! Although i do have the big car (needed for kids would rather have a hot hatch 🤣) but I can park it 😆 and private reg 😁 I’m more than happy keeping myself and kids grounded and appreciative of where their lifestyle comes from.

It’s so common it’s unbelievable! 500k house, 2 Audis on the drive with personalised reg each, dripping in designer gear, but everything is maxed out. That’s the North East formula 👌🏼🤢😂
This is why I refuse to drive an Audi and I’m not the only one in my circle 😂 don’t get me wrong I know loads of people who do drive them that aren’t like this but it’s the few that give people these perceptions

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m from Aberdeenshire - have never been nor will be an oil wife but where I’m from the place is full of them... or was... the oil took a massive down turn a few years back ... people lost their houses, lost their cars, many men now self employed in whatever trade they had before hey went offshore and many mums with part time jobs “ because there bored when kids at school “
And don’t even get me started on how many
“ mums night out” or “ ladies days” they would have... new dress hair makeup every time it blows my mind. The oil is starting to pick up again around here so I guess everyone will be back to
“ living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade wage”

If my mum was still here and lived that close I’d never get her out my house 🙈 she’d jump at the chance to watch my son
Have a missed something? Her mum doesn’t baby sit? I thought she did

Reactions: 7
What self respecting adult refers to their group of adult friends as “the dream team”

She makes me die with the claptrap she spouts. She’s like a dopey 12 year old.
She wouldn't know originally if it was gifted to her. Bet her and her "dream team" or her "hubby goals" go out for "cheeky Nando's" have "top bants" and are "living the dream"

She is sooo bland, desperately trying to fit in and be like all the other stepford wives. And she had the gall to say she loved adventure. Sweetie the woods behind your house, or buying Vans instead of Converse is not adventure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Absolutely this 👆🏻 My OH was expelled from 2 schools but has worked hard to get where he is from nothing, he’s not raking it in but considering where he started it’s an impressive turnaround and he’s not the only one sticking 2 fingers up to the snobs who talk tit about the area he grew up in and schools he attended.
Mortgages to the hilt, car finance, loans, credit cards, online shopping accounts, the list is endless! At the end of the month I know we have enough money to survive and have nice extras once the bills are paid without having to rely on credit. See it daily where we now live but my house wouldn’t be good enough! Although i do have the big car (needed for kids would rather have a hot hatch 🤣) but I can park it 😆 and private reg 😁 I’m more than happy keeping myself and kids grounded and appreciative of where their lifestyle comes from.

This is why I refuse to drive an Audi and I’m not the only one in my circle 😂 don’t get me wrong I know loads of people who do drive them that aren’t like this but it’s the few that give people these perceptions
I love my Audi.... worked my arse off to buy it 😂
Also love my private reg ... was a gift when I was 16 from the parents lol 😂
We’re defo not all the same

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m from Aberdeenshire - have never been nor will be an oil wife but where I’m from the place is full of them... or was... the oil took a massive down turn a few years back ... people lost their houses, lost their cars, many men now self employed in whatever trade they had before hey went offshore and many mums with part time jobs “ because there bored when kids at school “
And don’t even get me started on how many
“ mums night out” or “ ladies days” they would have... new dress hair makeup every time it blows my mind. The oil is starting to pick up again around here so I guess everyone will be back to
“ living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade wage”
A lot went to work on AWPR but now that’s done they are scrambling to get back into oil as the money just isn’t there anywhere else although some were lucky to not be in that position and got jobs in other companies and of course those who kept their jobs in the first place. This is why I said on a previous thread I think he was paid off as it’s a bit of a coincidence that things are better now and he’s back working 🤔

Reactions: 15
Can we go for a coffee sometime please? 🤣 Oil-wives-and-daughters-who-don’t-behave-like-oil-wives-and-daughters-united 🤜🏼🤛🏼
It's been joked about before but I think a Tattle meet up would be hilarious! All the local Tattlers meet up at the Birdhouse cafe. Instead of carrying a red rose to be recognisable we could all wear a headband of dreams!!
I would wonder if the Duldrums would also turn up....but they don't read Tattle do they Lee DO THEY LEE!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

You couldn’t move for white Audis in Aberdeen(shire) between 2013-2015 😂 I agree, I wouldn’t have one either (at least until that stereotype dies out).

I’m also in the same page as you with the husband who came from a crappy area/background, struggled at school with his behaviour, but has turned himself around. Like you, we have a comfortable family life and no debt. I’d have that over being gifted a job because of who you know (who you blow) and maxed out credit cards any day of the week.

I should add that I have had credit cards etc in the past and in no way am I looking down on anybody who does, but I drove a £200 car that was falling to bits and owned an ex council flat in a very questionable area. So I wasn’t pretending to be anything I wasn’t. And I was really happy! 😊

It's been joked about before but I think a Tattle meet up would be hilarious! All the local Tattlers meet up at the Birdhouse cafe. Instead of carrying a red rose to be recognisable we could all wear a headband of dreams!!
I would wonder if the Duldrums would also turn up....but they don't read Tattle do they Lee DO THEY LEE!!!
Actual dying at this 😂😂😂😍😍😍

But when you’re affiliated to the oil you’re tarred with the same brush as these morons by what car you drive.
I like the styling of Audi but just too much stigma I’ll stick with my Far East brand of car 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You couldn’t move for white Audis in Aberdeen(shire) between 2013-2015 😂 I agree, I wouldn’t have one either (at least until that stereotype dies out).

I’m also in the same page as you with the husband who came from a crappy area/background, struggled at school with his behaviour, but has turned himself around. Like you, we have a comfortable family life and no debt. I’d have that over being gifted a job because of who you know (who you blow) and maxed out credit cards any day of the week.

I should add that I have had credit cards etc in the past and in no way am I looking down on anybody who does, but I drove a £200 car that was falling to bits and owned an ex council flat in a very questionable area. So I wasn’t pretending to be anything I wasn’t. And I was really happy! 😊

Could you imagine little wee hobbits stamping their tiny feet outside that all us trolls have taken over their cafe, but too frightened to actually come in and join us for a cuppa because she only does passive aggressive and he's a keyboard warrior.
Never mind Reb and Lee, sure there'll be another cafe in Banchory that accomodates Borrowers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
That is totally different! I got my reg as a gift from my M&D too. My husband thinks it’s tacky... it’s on his (our) car and it’s my maiden name so who’s really laughing at who here 😇

• Haha
We did try and get a Tattle Tours up and running a few months ago!

Im having a quadruple eespresssoooo flat white gingerbread latte at the Burrrrrrdhouse! Absolutely buzzing off my tattle tits!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My initials spell TWT

Never wanted a private reg funny enough lol

We did try and get a Tattle Tours up and running a few months ago!

Im having a quadruple eespresssoooo flat white gingerbread latte at the Burrrrrrdhouse! Absolutely buzzing off my tattle tits!
I'll have the Rebby special

An Amino shake and a crumb of cake shared between 5. All consumed while pulling my clothing around my knuckles

Belter!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Oh god the white Audi brigade 🙈 bloody everywhere!! White Range Rover Evoques seem to be the new car to be seen in.

Don’t get me wrong we have credit but not for everyday living or putting food on the table. Our car is financed but that’s so I can hand it back when I’m bored of it 😂

We should start a wives club where none of these moron types are allowed and prove to the world that they are muppets and the rest of us are the normal 😆

I'll buy an Audi when they come with indicators as standard...😂😂😂
Think you’ll have a long wait 🙄

• Heart
The Oil wives chat on here is a bit 🤨... What happened to women supporting women?! (jokes 😂). Seriously though, there are plenty of oil husbands as well as females in the industry too. I also know twats that work in the oil and twats that don’t 🤷🏼‍♀️

Meanwhile. Thought you guys would like this. When head in the clouds floggers like Mrs M come out with all their twee crap about pouring from an empty cup and such like, selling us products that are supposed to make our lives easier/better (but really are just about making them money and profiting large corporations) - THIS sums up everything normal mums are probably feeling (and a reason why so many of us loathe the “perfect life” instamums!). Also it really annoyed me when Reb came away with her “where there’s a will there’s a way” about going to the gym when Lee went offshore. So unrelatable. Some of us, despite having the will, aren’t privileged enough to have the way.

https://www.todaysparent.com/blogs/opinion/self-care-is-a-bunch-of-bs/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.