Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years ago I enjoyed watching Mrs M’s vlogs and a few other vloggers too. As a young working mum of two I found their videos helpful with things like weaning, sleep routines etc. I became fed up and stopped watching when they joined channel mum, where they would all post videos on the same day promoting the same product. I find it very hard to believe what they are saying when they are all being paid to promote something. I think it is very important for ‘insta mums’, vloggers, bloggers whoever to be honest when they are promoting something, whether it is a paid promotion or a gift. There are lots of photos of Mrs M’s holiday in Gran Canaria on insta which are not declared as an #ad, paid promotion. I will be honest in saying I first thought Mrs M had paid for the DLP holiday as it wasn’t declared as a gift to begin with. I think we were lead to believe it was a holiday they paid for for their eldest daughters birthday. I also think it is awful when insta mums are trying to blag free gifts for their new houses when there are lots of families struggling to afford the weekly shop and basic bills.
I'm sure she said in insta stories we paid for this it isn't ad or gitfted just The VIP guide was gifted.....but she's adamant on comments that wasnt said shame stories disappear!!!!!

Reactions: 3
No Reb sharing a Facebook post isn't the same as actually getting off your lazy arse and doing something for charity!
As someone who lives near by and is on the local selling sites has already said....they SELL everything!!! They are ‘kindly gifted’ thousands of pounds worth of products every year yet sell everything they own, get given a new mattress...sell out old one, get given a new dyson...sell our old one!!! I firmly believe in the action of paying it forward, they have good fortune at the moment...maybe pay that forward a bit, donate your old things as you have been lucky enough to be given new ones!! I remember her moaning they had been sent a parcel ( a gift) but the postage was wrong and she would have to pay to get it but did t want to because she didn’t know what was in it!! Basically meaning it might not be worth it!! People did actually comment saying how tight! You are sent free stuff all the time but you are quibbling over £20!, that’s why I don’t like them, I can’t stand tight, greedy people and their attitude towards animals tells me a lot!!! She wears fur and they can give back that dear little kitten without a second thought. In my opinion they’re not nice.

Reactions: 20
As someone who lives near by and is on the local selling sites has already said....they SELL everything!!! They are ‘kindly gifted’ thousands of pounds worth of products every year yet sell everything they own, get given a new mattress...sell out old one, get given a new dyson...sell our old one!!! I firmly believe in the action of paying it forward, they have good fortune at the moment...maybe pay that forward a bit, donate your old things as you have been lucky enough to be given new ones!! I remember her moaning they had been sent a parcel ( a gift) but the postage was wrong and she would have to pay to get it but did t want to because she didn’t know what was in it!! Basically meaning it might not be worth it!! People did actually comment saying how tight! You are sent free stuff all the time but you are quibbling over £20!, that’s why I don’t like them, I can’t stand tight, greedy people and their attitude towards animals tells me a lot!!! She wears fur and they can give back that dear little kitten without a second thought. In my opinion they’re not nice.
So does she sell everything locally online or do we think she may list lots clothes on ebay.

I imagine its pretty lucrative.

They come across as such selfish materialistic people.

Raising money for nicu prime example. Was piss poor.

For someone whos do positive she moans a lot.

Wasent she moaning about toy octopus when poppy was in nicu.

The Olay ads really wind me up. I remember her posting an Olay ad on Instagram and her next YouTube video was a skincare routine video which was almost definitely #naespon by Elemis - none of her beloved Olay in sight! Her lack of consistency is just so unprofessional - I'm genuinely surprised brands choose to see past this and continue to work with/"kindly gift" her.
I have been thinking about elemis

I expect theres 2 types of freebies
Some targeted at them specifically that go to their po box.
Maybe some go to channel mum to be kindly gifted to their team

I suspect elemis is the latter.
Olay is described as paid partnership so i assume money exchanged hands and they got free cream.

With elemis she cheapens the brand they may not be too happy.

Has anyone contacted elemis or olay.

She used skincare brand called ordinary in monthly faves.
Feel sure it was kindly gifted as other vloggers had the same.

Reactions: 2
The comments on that ad, “thanks for the tip, you are glowing!”
It’s not a tip! It’s an ad.
Glow is from lighting or filter.
I watch on in disbelief at the advertisements and also at the fans that lap it up without question!

Reactions: 9
I think that (and they have put themselves in this position) we have to assume that everything they feature is an advert of some kind.
The clothes/shoes/homewares/make up/toys/paint/cleaning stuff/baby food/holidays/cars/food&grocerys/glasses/jewellery/ is ALL gifted/sponsored/affiliated or whatever other word they use to disguise the fact that they are being paid (in cash or in kind) to advertise these things. With that in mind it makes the entire narrative feel false.is any of their story real?
I think not.
It’s not just the Meldrum’s- it’s all of these insta-floggers.

Reactions: 5
So does she sell everything locally online or do we think she may list lots clothes on ebay.

I imagine its pretty lucrative.

They come across as such selfish materialistic people.

Raising money for nicu prime example. Was piss poor.

For someone whos do positive she moans a lot.

Wasent she moaning about toy octopus when poppy was in nicu.
I don’t remember that but I know the octopuses are for the very prem babies. Was Poppy premature?

It's the same with reviews. It is not a review it is ad . Shame on the brands as well, they contributing to all this.
Reading the comments makes me angry and upset. There are newly mums and cancer patients. The #AD should be first in the text.

Reactions: 4
I used to find her relatable and enjoyable to watch. Now all I see is dollars in her eyes. She advertises competing brands a few days apart and it reflects really badly on herself, channel mum and the brands that don't do any checks.

She could just make a good income by careful selecting who she works with so it has a gram of integrity and is believable. But she just grabs money from anyone that will pay.

She will be advertising another beauty product next week and clearly is just pasting crap that she told to say. Anyone that follows her and doesn't see her for the fraud she has probably doesn't have a well paid job (call me up if I'm out of order, but I think it's a fair point) so the money is wasted advertising to them.
I think its important for brands not only to pick the right influencer.
But also look at demographics of their following.
If the brands are not easily accessible to many of her followers or affordable then you question their effectiveness.

Example the tui gran canaria ad /holiday probably appealed to her followers.

Where as neilson/ gleneagles less so.

Oak furnitire land might be wasted if they buy all their furniture from b&m Argos or ikea.

I guess her most popular vlogs are Primark, home bargains/poundland matalan and supermarkets.

The joules Chelsea boots are expensive. Maybe too much her fans.

1 thing i learnt over the years and I used to work for next.

Is to the upper/middle incomes its a mid range place for basics like uniform workwear its like their version of Primark.
To the lower income groups next is seen as posh and you made it in life if you shop at next.
I like next baby and upto age 5.
The 5-16 range i find but chavvy and too grown up.

Then theres practice what you preach.
In no vlogs have we ever seen the girl's take vitamins.
She wears higher end clothes than the ones she hauls .

Well I for one have bought my youngest Christmas dress from Asda I would normally go to next but am disgusted at how much they must have given her to advertise the £20 delivery thing especially when you can collect for free instore. Im not sure if they paid her actually money also but she must have got alot on a gift card because she has something new every time she advertises the delivery thing and its been going on for weeks.

Also I've been thinking about the first part of next year and wondering what she will do because surely this time of year companies are spending the most of their advertising budgets trying to get people to think of them at xmas because that is usually when these types of companies make most money. But I would have thought Jan-April is far less money for ADs/promoting, I hope that Reb and Lee have done their numbers and budgeted for what I would expect would be far less money coming in, for most the other mums it wont matter because their other half's have jobs but with Lee not working, new big mortgage increase in bills due to bigger house etc I hope they've thought ahead as I would not want the girls to suffer. (her and Lee I couldn't care less)

Reactions: 4
I don’t remember that but I know the octopuses are for the very prem babies. Was Poppy premature?
I think she was 4 weeks early and quite poorly at the start and in intensive care. I remember watching the video at the time

It’s really exploitation at its best all nicely rounded up with I’m just a mum like you!!! Yes, they may all have started that way but they are now companies and as such need to be very clear about it. I’ve read comments saying ( not just on Mrs Ms to be fair) saying ‘ I will buy XYZ because I trust you and if you recommend it it must be good!? At the end of the day there will always be those that believe everything they see in TV or Insta/ YT but for a lot of people they are just generally unaware that they are being advertised too and truly believe it’s just a mum giving you a really great tip!

On a side note ( and I know she’s stuck up for Edgy in the past) but I do really like Lees mum!!! She seems lovely.

Reactions: 2
Well I for one have bought my youngest Christmas dress from Asda I would normally go to next but am disgusted at how much they must have given her to advertise the £20 delivery thing especially when you can collect for free instore. Im not sure if they paid her actually money also but she must have got alot on a gift card because she has something new every time she advertises the delivery thing and its been going on for weeks.

Also I've been thinking about the first part of next year and wondering what she will do because surely this time of year companies are spending the most of their advertising budgets trying to get people to think of them at xmas because that is usually when these types of companies make most money. But I would have thought Jan-April is far less money for ADs/promoting, I hope that Reb and Lee have done their numbers and budgeted for what I would expect would be far less money coming in, for most the other mums it wont matter because their other half's have jobs but with Lee not working, new big mortgage increase in bills due to bigger house etc I hope they've thought ahead as I would not want the girls to suffer. (her and Lee I couldn't care less)
Asda offer tremendous value by a 9 year old daughter loves asda.
I get some uniform from them.
Sadly the shoes have been a let down.
My husband's retail manager and jan afrer sales to spring is very quiet.
He's commision based on top low basic so we try to save on the well paid months.

If you are so worried about bullying spare a thought for the Meldrum children who, thanks to their parents, are being made targets!

I’m guessing this is the mum or sister or maybe the infamous Kath ! Wish they would put as much effort into telling mrs M she’s damaging her children for many years to come !

Reactions: 1
No Reb sharing a Facebook post isn't the same as actually getting off your lazy arse and doing something for charity!
Look out peeps of Banchory for a dingey looking pink duvet next coat hanging off a local tree - Rebs all about the charity y’know. #spon me a coat quick it’s Barry Baltic in Aberdeenshire #kindlygifted

Reactions: 9
Paragraph after paragraph about how “chaotic” her life is.... ? then finally you get to the bottom to see the cut and paste blurb sent from Olay. Writing about being trolled online as part of a brand advertisement... yep I’m sure Olay will be delighted with that.

Yet another product that you never see or hear of her using day to day, just like the vitamins that were “so easy to fit into their routine” anyone ever seen the kids take a vitamin in a daily vlog? Nope, me either!

She takes such good care of her skin, just the week they got back from Disney she was sat playing with Poppy in the morning but couldn’t find anything to take off her makeup from the night before... ? where was the Olay then? She seems to forget what she’s posting and what people are seeing!
Her life is chaotic and not in good way.

Agreed really weird to discuss trolling in an ad.
Calling someone up on breaking law not being honest or asking valid questions is not trolling.

How are olay pleased with this.

Guesses on paint in edgy lounge maybe plum.

Reactions: 1
I remember her moaning they had been sent a parcel ( a gift) but the postage was wrong and she would have to pay to get it but did t want to because she didn’t know what was in it!! Basically meaning it might not be worth it!! People did actually comment saying how tight! You are sent free stuff all the time but you are quibbling over £20!
I remember that. It was the liner for the Ikea high chair. They were a poppy pattern - and guess what. They ended up on the local selling site.

I also remember her receiving a fancy thermometer via her PO Box. That also ended up on the local selling site as ‘an unwanted gift’.

I’ve a few local friends who also follow her and we always comment to each other that she should be giving this stuff away. It’s just pure greed that she sells it all.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.