Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, this! I also think ASA have got it wrong about control. The influencer holds some control as well not just the brand. If it was a genuine gift with no obligation to show it, then don't show it. The influencer holds ultimate control over what they show on their page/vlog. Showing it is an explicit choice made by the blogger. If it is paid for in the form of a gift and the blogger chooses to show it to their audience, they have exercised their control as creator of their page, so it is an AD, in my eyes. The fact so many feel they have to show the gifts is because the brands have control over the influencer because they feel obliged to show the product. This 'murkiness' is a problem created by ASA.
Like s sort of "burden of proof" concept. We'll send you the gift and you can decide for yourself whether you show it, but if you do it immediately becomes an ad. That would remove this whole sham of "I only show thing that I really love", I bet you wouldn't love it so much if you had to mark it as an ad.

Reactions: 4
If it says unwanted and unused then how did she use the product for advertising purposes?

If it’s still in wrapping then she clearly didn’t bother trying it out! Would that not be in a contract, to use it?

Reactions: 1
The selling of gifted stuff has actually made me feel sick! Its disgusting!
I think we should all send selling screenshots to said company...I'm sure they would also be disgusted in the fact they (Meld's) are making money out of someone else's products!!!!

Reactions: 10
@FamHam I know HMRC have people disguised as members of public to thainstone car boot sale to keep eye on regulars selling items and not declaring profits. So Mrs M if selling all her items could be doing the same, when you add up children’s prams and the likes

Reactions: 2
@FamHam I know HMRC have people disguised as members of public to thainstone car boot sale to keep eye on regulars selling items and not declaring profits. So Mrs M if selling all her items could be doing the same, when you add up children’s prams and the likes
Maybe HMRC should be tipped about Mrs Meldrum and her dishonest ways, selling stuff that has been given to her!!! That’s disgusting, what a vile thing to do! That’s low standards!

Reactions: 5
Well, now we know why she’s always soooo busy!!! She’s on the selling pages!! ! ?

Another ad this morning, declared at the end as always. It's okay, if your own trolling upsets you, Olay will fix it :rolleyes::sneaky:
That picture was taken in their old old bedroom, it’s not a recent or new one.

If it says unwanted and unused then how did she use the product for advertising purposes?

If it’s still in wrapping then she clearly didn’t bother trying it out! Would that not be in a contract, to use it?
Wonder if the Next gifted 'Under the Stars' clothing on her stories last night is destined for the same fate....weird to 'show' the gifts in the packaging. This is seriously reprehensible behaviour; disrespectful beyond belief.

Reactions: 3
That picture was taken in their old old bedroom, it’s not a recent or new one.
Yeah, this has probably been planned for a while.
In a week or so she will do a “my morning/winter skin care routine” video, featuring at least 1 Olay product...!

I just watched "My 2018 Goals" on Mrs M Youtube...I've found myself going and watching older stuff to see how much as changed.
One of her goals for 2018...and I paraphrase..."live simpler - stop spending. In our house we have everything we need, each other, abundance of toys, loads of clothes" she then went on to say that she believes should could live simpler as everything she needs she owns...she also plugs a saving app which is not disclosed as an AD!!!
This wasn't even a year ago and her goals have massively failed! How can she have the discourtesy to preach how sensible she is going to be then spend the year going on free holidays, wearing free clothes, buying an overpriced house...and expect her audience to have trust in her?? The selling items "gifted" to them has really got to me, I wish companies would pick up on this, they are essentially losing money by send them an item then the M's are making money from the free gift...how is this right?

The trolling comments are upsetting me, I don't think she really knows the meaning of the word. We are all here out of frustration as we feel like we are being lied too, surely she can see that the reasons these threads are still active is because nothing has changed on her part, no apology (well her backhanded one, none from Lee), no slowing down, ad after ad after ad, as long as her subscription number is still going up and she is getting a decent amount of insta likes she really doesn't care.

Ugh, I feel like this is an irrelevant rant but I just feel so frustrated. Here I am working a full time job, a mum, a wife, and if i want new bedroom furniture I have to save or watch for sales. My house is worth nothing compared to theirs but I've made it a home with my hard earned money...why do they not want that sense of achievement? It really is all for show and in years to come I think they will regret the choices they have made for themselves and their kids and I find that really really sad!
she went on and on and on about that saving app then never mentioned it again......? #ad for sure looking back

So one day she is telling the world that these 'gifts' are must haves and the next day she is selling them as ;unwanted' gifts....have can this go on unregulated???!!!!!
it is fraud surely

Writing from Ireland so I'm not sure how the UK tax system works. However, it's my understanding that all gifts received by a business/self-employed person must be fully declared to the taxman as it is liable for benefit in kind. Likewise, selling on those gifts for cash in hand profit would be liable for income tax. Anyone found to be non compliant would be in serious trouble . Just saying....?

Reactions: 8
she went on and on and on about that saving app then never mentioned it again......? #ad for sure looking back
Yea she was getting £5 or something for every person that signed up to it using her code!!!! Shocking

Is this her attempt at being edgy again? I’m honestly baffled that she thought this looks good, this outfit does nothing for her [emoji15]

So one day she is telling the world that these 'gifts' are must haves and the next day she is selling them as ;unwanted' gifts....have can this go on unregulated???!!!!!
it is fraud surely
To be fair, I watched her open that thermometer on instastories and she said that they weren’t expecting it. Still cheeky af to then sell it on. She could even have given it away to one of her followers.

Is this her attempt at being edgy again? I’m honestly baffled that she thought this looks good, this outfit does nothing for her [emoji15]
Yeah if you are going to wear a skirt or dress like that it should be with a thin tight jumper then an oversized "chunky knit" with a mini skirt and tights. I did think it looks like something my 66 year old aunt would wear.

She could be doing with watching Lucy Jessica Carter for age appropriate style tips. She defo dresses nice as I flicked through her Instagram the day of the channel mum at YouTube thing.

Reactions: 3
What is it with this pose? Almost every picture is the same with her right hand playing with non existing hair. It’s not a natural pose when it’s that same one in every picture.

That Lucy is the same pose with her hand playing with hair but she pouts in every picture.

Reactions: 1
Classic edgy Reb ??

If it’s allowed can someone on the buy and sell page post what else they’ve been selling. Makes me sick they’re selling pr gifts, especially ones she hasn’t touched. The zebra print dinning set is quite hilar though.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.