Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
M&S are just as bad as the others. Yesterday the feeds were full of the Christmas advert featuring their favourite instamums. At least two of which are very poor at being transparent, one has an undisclosed QVC ad on her feed this morning and rarely discloses gifts, another also has undisclosed Hunter freebies amongst the zillions of other freebie on her feed (although astonishingly did disclose a dress as a freebie yesterday). Big brands shouldn't be working with influencers who aren't committed to high standards of transparency. John Lewis seems ok though, generally.
Agreem m&s heavily use i influencers but usually fashion ones.

The whole system is a mess.
Less is more for us this Xmas

Trying to protect kids from consumerism is hard.

Reactions: 6
@Kermit
Its not easy. But you are doing the right thing. And Im sure you’ll see results of your healthy view of life as they grow older. And yes; less is more.

Reactions: 4
She has marked it as an ad at the top so that ad is fine, she would be crazy to break the rules while she's getting so much attention. If she hadn't of marked it as a paid partnership then it isn't acceptable to have ad hidden at the end.

Now she's being slightly more honest wonder how many people will follow her now everything she does is free or paid to do.

This won't last
Screenshot_20181115-084124.jpg

Reactions: 11
I don't want to care, but somehow when you watch a family on a vlog for a while there is emotional investment and of course you care a great deal about the little ones. I am so worried that the current social media approach continually referring to the trolls is going to be a big issue if the whole ad scandal blows up. How you handle yourself in the face of a wrong doing can determine whether brands will want to work with you in the future.

If you just threw your hands up and had said, absolutely our bad, our mistake, we will make sure we are always transparent now and let's see how this channel can help guide other vloggers and instagrammers. But instead it's focussing on other people's reactions to it.

I think it's really playing with fire to use a scandal to promote another brand. I really don't come from a mean spirited place. I come from self employed save your business place. It really makes me sad and worried :( And cross at the agents etc who are clearly willing to sacrifice a lovely a young family in order to make a quick buck today. So wrong!

Reactions: 7
I've been a long time follower of Mrs Meldrum. She used to be so down to earth. What she doesn't seem to realise is that when everything you showcase is an ad/gifted it's hard to believe anything that she says. She's advertising Olay this morning... wait a minute, wasn't Elemis the best thing ever five minutes ago? By saying yes to everything, she is really losing her integrity. I'm sure she's making lots of money in the short term but I really hope for her sake that they don't have a 25 year mortgage because this income isn't going to last.

Reactions: 19
I believe nothing she, or lee, says. It wasn’t always like that though. They’ve gone terribly wrong, lost in the outright greed of it all I think.

Reactions: 10
Another ad this morning, declared at the end as always. It's okay, if your own trolling upsets you, Olay will fix it :rolleyes::sneaky:
It sounds like an ad before you realise its an ad.

It doesn't sound like she scripted it.

Classic mistake they keep making is advertising 2 or 3 brands of essentially same product.

We have had 3 different vitamins 2 recently.
Least 3 brands skin care shes been raving on about mainly olay / elemis.

Then theres clothing shes all over the place on that

Matalan
Next
Tu sainsburys
Florence and fred tesco.

Just seems hugely disingenuous and i question what the brands are thinking.
She has no loyalty.
Shes not gifted higher end stuff like joules.

Marks would never pick her for their campaign.

She comes across so unprofessional at times.

Screechy/ waffles / cant pronounce stuff, basic spelling errors.

Its interesting when you see her interact with other vloggers at events shes very try hard.
Shes probably in awe of Emily.
Emily seems like natural people person.
Reb feels somewhat forced.

Im genuinally puzzled where this will end up.

The endless holidays must grate some.
Shes not my fashion style at all.
Her holiday vlogs are so boring.
Even the new decorate my house is boring me.

Its all so shallow and vacuous.

Im sure channel mum would throw her under the bus if they had to.

Shes a business yet she seems have no plans her channel and insta is all over the place.

Reactions: 8
@NellieOleson didn’t realise that about M & S and influencers. That’s not good either.
M&S are doing badly i only shop there for food, underwear and school uniform.

They paying holly loads money to be the face of brand.

The service seems less.

All these influencers massive turn off for me.

But so many brands have tapped into the mostly unregulated influencer market.

Reactions: 1
I used to find her relatable and enjoyable to watch. Now all I see is dollars in her eyes. She advertises competing brands a few days apart and it reflects really badly on herself, channel mum and the brands that don't do any checks.

She could just make a good income by careful selecting who she works with so it has a gram of integrity and is believable. But she just grabs money from anyone that will pay.

She will be advertising another beauty product next week and clearly is just pasting crap that she told to say. Anyone that follows her and doesn't see her for the fraud she has probably doesn't have a well paid job (call me up if I'm out of order, but I think it's a fair point) so the money is wasted advertising to them.

Doesn’t Mrs M realise she causes her own hassle at her doorstep. Calling people trolls for asking GENUINE questions. When will she ever get her part in everything. And another AD ??‍♀??‍♀?‍♀?‍♀

@Kermit I know M & S are not what they used to be. Their clothing very seldom do you get something nice now. I still shop there but underwear and food and the basics. Also get house items too

Reactions: 1
M&S use MOD, the fashion lift, the Frugality, Erica Davies... to name a few. More the higher league fashion types and certainly the more firmly middle class type bloggers. Channel mum isn’t a good fit for Reb if she wants to compete in that league. Dare I say it, it’s all a bit chavtastic on CM from what I’ve seen.

I don’t have an issue with social media advertising at all, or using bloggers for that matter. If it’s a good fit for these brands and keeps them afloat (M&S needs it!), all the better. It’s very much the transparency that I despair with.

Reactions: 3
@In name only I think the people following Mrs M now who can’t see what’s going on have no common sense and see how business works. It possilvy takes someone older in age fhan her to see what she’s doing

I used to find her relatable and enjoyable to watch. Now all I see is dollars in her eyes. She advertises competing brands a few days apart and it reflects really badly on herself, channel mum and the brands that don't do any checks.

She could just make a good income by careful selecting who she works with so it has a gram of integrity and is believable. But she just grabs money from anyone that will pay.

She will be advertising another beauty product next week and clearly is just pasting crap that she told to say. Anyone that follows her and doesn't see her for the fraud she has probably doesn't have a well paid job (call me up if I'm out of order, but I think it's a fair point) so the money is wasted advertising to them.
Lol slightly bitchy but maybe true.

But lots of us were sucked in at the start
We all opened our eyes

I think anyone who currently follows her doesnt start to think more carefully about what shes realky doing is a bit dense.

Remaining sheep/ fans so sound bit dense/ shallow and some cases psychotic nasty in protecting reb from trolls politely asking questions.

Lots if them seem fairly young
They talk in text speak.
They constantly use the word hun.
And say usual things
Haterez going to hate
They just jealous hun.

Doing competing brands weakens the effect of the previous ad.
I cant see why brands are not cross and cannot see this.

Still curious where matalan have gone.

@MrBull I’ve no issue with it either. But space ads out to make it look professional. The back to back ads isn’t a good look. Know the product very well and be transparent. Also use the right person for the AD. Mrs M doesn’t fit the higher brands I’m afraid. She’s more Matalan etc

Reactions: 4
Another ad this morning, declared at the end as always. It's okay, if your own trolling upsets you, Olay will fix it :rolleyes::sneaky:
She really thinks this is appropriate to post as an Ad, paid partnership. What kind of ambassador acts like this - the trolls on the internet.

Its quite obvious she’s never had a job in the real world as there is no way anyone would get away with acting like that!! It’s called professionalism.

What planet is she living on that everyone is stroking her ego.

Any other brands reading that really should be put off working with her, as it all about her- poor me, me me me me me.

I’m sure there will be many of her followers that are not blind sheep, getting sick and tired of every post being about trolls, and will find there way here.

Just a blurb at the bottom about the product that I’ve never seen her use in any skin care routine videos. I can’t imagine a big brand like Olay being impressed with that!

Edit- tret yourself!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Agreeing with posts above. I cannot for the life of me get why Mrs M keeps going on about trolls all the time. Why hasn’t any decent management company told her to stop it and act more professional. And also olay accepting all this crap in their AD too ?‍♀

She wouldn't last the day in a normal job. Maybe it's not her fault if her parents raised her to be this way. But she just comes across as spoiled bratt who blames everyone but themselves.

Olay are always paying for people that never use their products to advertise it. I imagine Mrs meldrum can't wait to get olay out of her hands once she's got the right Instagram photo. "Yuck, get that cheap product away from me Lee"

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.