Mrs Meldrum #5 1 Hundred Thousand Sheep, 4 Thousand Tattle Posts, Meldrum Seems Quite Rattled And It’s Nout’ To Do With Ghosts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On another note if anybody spots undisclosed ad’s tag Siobhan Freegard on insta she owns Channel Mum! If we ask the vloggers to clarify there content we get blocked we get called bully’s we have threats about the the police. We go down the route of asking Channel pretty much no response back so let’s go direct to her she is ultimately in charge! Her insta handle is siobhan_fr

Reactions: 6
Anyone else wondering if this the the black hole lara Jarvis fell down and why she left CM!! is brummy part of CM?

Reactions: 3
Does anyone think they’re waiting to have the house blessed/exorcised/something like that, before they venture into the utility? Maybe she’ll vlog it. She may as well seeing as everyone knows the history of the house now
Well in the video she tells S her school bag is in the utility!!

On another note if anybody spots undisclosed ad’s tag Siobhan Freegard on insta she owns Channel Mum! If we ask the vloggers to clarify there content we get blocked we get called bully’s we have threats about the the police. We go down the route of asking Channel pretty much no response back so let’s go direct to her she is ultimately in charge! Her insta handle is siobhan_fr
May as well just send her the link to the Meldrum’s Instagram accounts....
Honestly, you don’t think Ms Freegard is aware? She owns (and makes millions!) off Channel Mum, she’s not going to pull up the vloggers on this, they are all at it!

Reactions: 2
Well in the video she tells S her school bag is in the utility!!
The have said a few times that they are not in the least bit religious so I doubt they care about having an blessing or anything.
They won’t show the utility room because they know the history of the house is public knowledge now so they are probably mortified that the truth is out there and that the house is “tainted”
There’s no way they will make any reference to the utility room/shed or what happened in the house, doesn’t fit with the brand...

Leading up to Christmas a lot of families are struggling to make ends meet! To provide for there families , the constant hauls! The this is what I’ve got my kids crap going completely OTT on Christmas presents constantly dropping the brand names and stores the fists were brought from! Either be honest your name dropping to get some freebies! You’ve already got said freebies but are not f
May as well just send her the link to the Meldrum’s Instagram accounts....
Honestly, you don’t think Ms Freegard is aware? She owns (and makes millions!) off Channel Mum, she’s not going to pull up the vloggers on this, they are all at it!
Of course she’s aware! Her company set up these deals and encourage this vulture like behaviour! But she obvs doesn’t portray her self on her social media like this does she? She had the audacity to sit on tv and talk about mothers and mental health! Ok so let’s open up the debate on social media influencers being dishonest about the nature of there posts and the effects this has on mothers mental health

Reactions: 1
Leading up to Christmas a lot of families are struggling to make ends meet! To provide for there families , the constant hauls! The this is what I’ve got my kids crap going completely OTT on Christmas presents constantly dropping the brand names and stores the fists were brought from! Either be honest your name dropping to get some freebies! You’ve already got said freebies but are not f

Of course she’s aware! Her company set up these deals and encourage this vulture like behaviour! But she obvs doesn’t portray her self on her social media like this does she? She had the audacity to sit on tv and talk about mothers and mental health! Ok so let’s open up the debate on social media influencers being dishonest about the nature of there posts and the effects this has on mothers mental health
Exactly!
The entire Channel Mum thing is just a big money making machine. Any one who thinks otherwise is a gullible fool.

Reactions: 4
The ASA really need to firm up what 'control' from brands means in terms of whether something is an AD.

We know that gifts, freebies, holidays etc etc all can count towards being an AD but then there also must be 'control'. Frankly, any mention of the gift, item, table, or whatever it is should count as 'control' as the brand isnt going to gift something and never see it mentioned. But that isn't the way the ASA sees it.

This is the grey area I think..influencers are getting away with not declaring because they haven't been told exactly what to say about a product so they think there's been no 'control'.

This is from the ASA guide already mentioned for those who haven't downloaded it:

The simplest way for a brand to ‘control’ the content is by telling you what you have to say, e.g. if there are particular words, phrases, themes or ‘key messages’ you need to include, or you have to use a particular hashtag.

This doesn’t just apply to text or words – if the brand has specified what needs to be in an image, required you to include a specific action in a video or specified the type of content you need to create (e.g. ‘unboxing’ the featured product), this is likely to count as ‘control’.

Requiring you to post a specific number of times, on certain dates or at particular times could also count as ‘control’. If a brand reserves the right to check/approve the content before it’s posted and/or to ask you to change it, this could similarly count as ‘control’. They don’t need to actually ask for changes – if they could, and you would have to do it (e.g. they could stop you from posting), that’s enough.

If influencers are still going off the false idea that there has to be a script they recite or something equally 'controlling' for them to declare it an AD then they are obviously wrong.
I also think some at the ASA aren't applying the rules as stringently as they might.
Only solution is better legislation from central Government.

Gifted items not being declared ad falls under cma jurisdiction not the asa that's who you should be screen shotting and complaining to about the furniture etc.

So....
Exactly how long until we see a Desenio spon for “prints” for the walls...

This translates too...

I've lots of PR gifts in a box, things I don't like.
I've seen Eltoria's advent calendar and it's given me the idea to create a "Self Care" package for my beloved sheep.
But she says she’s going to buy, yeah right!!! Waiting to open all the boxes so she can see what as been kindly gifted to her so she can give in a giveaway!! Let’s see what she will say she bought! Can’t wait!!

This is the grey area I think..influencers are getting away with not declaring because they haven't been told exactly what to say about a product so they think there's been no 'control'.
Yes, this! I also think ASA have got it wrong about control. The influencer holds some control as well not just the brand. If it was a genuine gift with no obligation to show it, then don't show it. The influencer holds ultimate control over what they show on their page/vlog. Showing it is an explicit choice made by the blogger. If it is paid for in the form of a gift and the blogger chooses to show it to their audience, they have exercised their control as creator of their page, so it is an AD, in my eyes. The fact so many feel they have to show the gifts is because the brands have control over the influencer because they feel obliged to show the product. This 'murkiness' is a problem created by ASA.

She is «working» on the give away. In reality she begs for items to have in it.
What is the next things she and her family needs. I bet the begging will continue.
She is really the worst of the worst. No shame what so ever!
Yet to see all the «exiting content shes been working on»

Reactions: 7
channel Mum is a marketing machine! Simple. They do hard core gorilla marketing disguised as oh I’m just your wee best pal give you some Mum hacks to make your life easier. When I’m reality it’s a marketing ploy by Aldi, method, pampers, Huggies, that’s just a few I can think off. Google channel Mum and itv take over so many articles come up with regards to there marketing strategy

channel Mum is a marketing machine! Simple. They do hard core gorilla marketing disguised as oh I’m just your wee best pal give you some Mum hacks to make your life easier. When I’m reality it’s a marketing ploy by Aldi, method, pampers, Huggies, that’s just a few I can think off. Google channel Mum and itv take over so many articles come up with regards to there marketing strategy
It's insideous covert advertising thats the problem.
They make out their the veiwers/subscribers freind.
That they just like them.
They build a form of personal trust.

If we see a celeb we know they get freebies and our lives wont be like theres.
If i read a glossy magazine i know its free clothes, i skip past thr many ads and i know the photos are altered to look better.
We have sky and i mostly fast forward through ads.
The only place advertising can reach m3 is social media and you tube.
It suggests companies of products i have been googling.
Advertising has got lot more sophisticated.
The government anf supporting bodies need to keep up with the changes and issue hefty fines.

Sorry for lack posting yesterday
Feel really ill
And lee and rebs insta is giving me the rage.
Its clear they just dont care
They think they untouchable
They think their high wall of censorship works.
All i can assume is 100k means many nore freebies.
So much for the sorry i did 15 ads back to back yet un declared ads continue.

Next are getting great value as nearly every day shes advertising next.
I might boycott next this Christmas.
The prints are blatently free.

The problem with random freebies and to some extent depends if they get voucher and they handpick their items.
Is their house will soon resemble a junk shop and may not be to their taste.
In my house visitors comment on some items. I can remember where i brought it and the story behind it..

She needs to be careful she doesn't push the sheep over the edge as its constant.
I find them so boring and predictable.
Clearly they read here.
The table still seemd squashed in the kitchen.

The more i see if Lee the more i think he's very calculated and fame hungry.
Hes become as narsastic as reb.
They deserve each other.
Its the kids i feel sorry for.

Kalma will catch people out in the end that might mean decline in economy or house prices.

Or it may result in unhappy children with future issues.

Reactions: 4
You’ll see Reb push more and more ads out in run up to Xmas for those retailers to get the message out so the ?’s come rolling in to the stores for the price war at Xmas. She then has to do Xmas shopping so what better way than to promote free gifts as she won’t have to part with her money. But sorry next..... It’s john Lewis or m & s for me. You don’t see them letting Mrs M promote them.

Re lara Jarvis

She always was one of smaller channel mums.
Shes tried really hard to grow her channel but shes bottom of the pyramid.
She seems very down to earth.
She had a normal sized ordinary housr in the south east.
Prior to you tube she had a proper jobs.
This shows in way she acts and professionalism shown at vlogger events.
I really like her content shes tried to be different and i think she declares more.
She seems really confident in her ability as a you tuber and a parent.
She doesnt spend like reb
Her whole house is not grey or pristine.
I really like her style/cooking/ organisation / ikea hacks.

She seems a true adventurer shes well travelled.
She doesnt repeat the same holidays.
I suspect she paid for florida herself.
I enjoyed her euro camps holiday in France.
She doesnt expose her boys nearly as much.
Her husband has an actual job and get impression they were comfortable before you tube.
She seems hang with select group smaller vloggers and maybe im wrong but they seem more meaningful genuine friendships than work networking.

Shes hardly been mentioned here really i think read 1 negative post about her in this mama life thread.

We have no idea why she left channel mum.
May be she wants more creative control.
Maybe channel mum have been useless to her as they only care about bigger accounts.
Read on few random smaller vloggers insta stories that events can be so bitchy.
Maybe shes having doubts about privacy and can see our point of veiw.

Well done lara on leaving the cult.
I think being watched and high levels of scrutiny can be bad for mental health.
Because of reb they all being scrutinised.
Distanceing herself is protecting herself.

She never quite fitted in with the channel mum mould.
I bet reb was unbearably smug at google event.

Maybe shes seen gunuine meaningful debate here not just gossip.

You’ll see Reb push more and more ads out in run up to Xmas for those retailers to get the message out so the ?’s come rolling in to the stores for the price war at Xmas. She then has to do Xmas shopping so what better way than to promote free gifts as she won’t have to part with her money. But sorry next..... It’s john Lewis or m & s for me. You don’t see them letting Mrs M promote them.
Yes but go ott she may push some fans patience its risky if she carries on.

Agreed she wont attract the top end brands.
She common snob.

Reactions: 1
M&S are just as bad as the others. Yesterday the feeds were full of the Christmas advert featuring their favourite instamums. At least two of which are very poor at being transparent, one has an undisclosed QVC ad on her feed this morning and rarely discloses gifts, another also has undisclosed Hunter freebies amongst the zillions of other freebie on her feed (although astonishingly did disclose a dress as a freebie yesterday). Big brands shouldn't be working with influencers who aren't committed to high standards of transparency. John Lewis seems ok though, generally.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.