Mrs Meldrum #46 It’s my pity party and I’ll cry (and call you bullies) if I want to!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had no idea who this Mrs Meldrum was until another youtuber mentioned her recent video.
I think what these youtubers need to realise is that as soon as the husband quits work and they become fulltime youtubers they become instantly unrelatable and vulnerable to backlash.
YouTubers like Mrs meldrum want the celebrity lifestyle but they don’t want the criticism but they need to realise that it doesn’t work like that.
Anyone who puts themselves in the spotlight are going to be picked to shreds from Tom cruise to the royal family to the bleeding pope!
Either you have to learn to ignore it and deal with it or realise you’re not cut out for it.

Reactions: 37
Posting content that , quote, incites others to harass or threaten individuals on or off YouTube is contrary to Youtube's guidelines so I'd recommend reporting that 'Trolls' video.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I’m not really sure how we could be blamed for the disfunction going on here. These people decided to capitalise on their own personal life and that of their children. They run their lives like a business, exchanging all of their privacy for some gifted tat, free holidays and a comfortable lifestyle. Just like any business owner though, you will inevitably face bad times whether it is because of your own conduct or not. But during these times all of a sudden they revert back to a normal, regular mummy and because their business is their life, they are completely impervious to any rules or criticism. So when times are good they are happy to play the “girl boss” role and accept all of the “opportunities” under the sun to provide for their family, but they don’t need to have any accountability whatsoever and needn’t play by any of the rules that apply to their chosen profession. Cool.

I’m not going to keep commenting on the Meldrum’s for now. She’s shared all of these crying videos (genuine or not) so it will seem as if we are all heartless assholes if we continue to have an opinion on her. They may as well pull any of the rules that govern this industry, because obviously their customers are perfectly happy with it being completely unregulated. More power to them!

But we definitely need more laws to control freedom of speech on the internet. What a time to be alive!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Mrs Meldrum once again delivers a stellar tit show! I am in the middle of packing my house to move very shortly, so haven't been keeping up with tattle. An essay follows, feel free not to read.

I cannot believe Rebecca named Kermit. Rebecca overstepped a line she knew full well existed. Having allegedly contacted the Police previously regarding people publishing her address, she then blasts someone's name to tens of thousands of people. Not only a username, but her actual name, a name she had kept from public view. I am so sorry, Kermit. You have done nothing to deserve being exposed like that.

Rebecca needs to comprehend that by choosing to broadcast her life to the world, once she releases information into the interwebs, people can use it how they choose. As we all know, reaction/drama channels on YouTube can broadcast your actual content for the purpose of commentary under the fair use policy. She has placed herself and her family in the predicament they are in. She placed them in a position to be scrutinized as they are. She needs to own that. She also needs to own that the advertisers mass exit is down to her own shady behaviour and lack of remorse. Those who reported her actions to advertisers are not to blame (not that I reported her - I didn't). No advertiser would act if the accusations made against her were baseless.

I personally think that at least 90% of her upset is for herself and the increasingly worrying financial tit storm Mrs Meldrum Ltd is now facing. It is obvious that the loss of advertising deals will mean loss of income. If the loss of two recent advertising jobs then scares off other advertisers, this will have enormous ramifications on their future earnings. From what I understand, the ads are where the big money is on the socials.

I wish Rebecca, Lee and their girls zero ill will. Never have. I do wish, however, that Rebecca could grow up and take responsibility for her actions, and stop deflecting blame. She is the reason for this current tit storm, no one else.

If I could offer any advice (not that I anticipate they would listen) it would be to cease your social media presence, stop reading gossip forums, go get a real job and live your life. Enjoy your family and friends. Unplug from what is obviously causing you stress, regardless of the financial cost. No amount of free holidays or products is worth more than your personal happiness. I say this being a married mum of four on a modest income, who after years of saving, managed to take my family on our first family holiday EVER this year. We don't have a lot that would qualify me as successful in Rebecca's eyes, but we are happy, financially stable and thriving. I wouldn't change my humble, private lifestyle for all the Boden, Neilson Holidays or Disneyland in the world.

Peace out! ☮

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Unpopular opinion, but I don't think these women should stop being influencers if that's what they enjoy doing. I don't even begrudge them making a living off of it. People have been making a living off of unconventional careers long before social media influencing came to be. What I take issues with are them exploiting their children/family, as well as, their audiences. You can make videos to your hearts content about yourself and what you do in a day all you want. But the minute you film your toddler's private moments, broadcast it for billions of people to see, and turn it into an opportunity for financial gain, any respect I may have had for you goes right out the window. It's no different when you knowingly withhold information on a brand deal or sponsorship. Why is it so hard for them to be honest? If you need to parade your kids out for all the public to see and have them entertain everyone on a free trip that you've lied about receiving, then maybe you should own up to the fact that your life was never that video worthy to begin with.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
What is DLP?
Disney Land Paris

Ill tell you what those tears are for in tonights video... they are tears of realisation thats she fucked up too many times, broke the ASA rules too many times, lied too many times, been shady as duck too many times and now shes loosing her only income. They are tears that she will have to go out and get a job. They are not tears of upset because shes being trolled as she isn't. Shes realised shes fucked up too many times.
Mrs Doldrums lol 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I need to stop taking breaks from the Internet. Another 24 hours off line and the tit show train continues to travel.

What the ever loving hell is doxxing going to acheive, Reb?
This is not going to help.
Everyone's been a little bit racist? Of course they have. Have you seen twitter recently? It's getting more and more common, and I'm bloody sick of it. I called my own mother out for a racist comment yesterday in front of a large group of people. Why? Because it's unacceptable.

Also. Can someone PLEASE show me where these apologies are? I keep seeing that she says she has apologised "over and over," and, apart from the glossed over "my apologies" to my YouTube comment, about the KKK, I havent seen an actual one.

I feel for her. I genuinely do. I know what it's like to be at rock bottom because of your job. I know what it's like to feel like you are loosing everything you have over a mistake. However, there are rules and regulations for posting ads that must be adhered to, and she needs to follow the rules. She can't keep blaming people for her mistakes, and take some responsibility for her actions. You learn and grow as a person by receiving both good and negative feedback. One day she will realise she has the power to change this. It is in hands. No one else's.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh course I don’t like seeing anyone upset it’s horrible..... my main issue is though she STILL doesn’t fully explain to her followers “how exactly” she messed up.

She doesn’t say she’s made errors with not declaring ads, she doesn’t mention her ignorance at the racist comment on her vlog or even what she has learnt from that about it. That’s the thing that pisses me off, so the people that follow her and don’t read here really are do not know the full story! They are not getting a full picture of why people are so frustrated with her.

Again she is not being TRANSPARENT and you can’t even explain yourself in the comments of her posts BECAUSE SHE DELETES THEM 🙄

Reactions: 21
The @organixfood IG page is being hammered at the moment; #isupportmrsmeldrum (I don't, this is the hastag being used) and @organixfood receiving accusations of condoning workplace bullying. 🙄
That’s only going to make things worse and it’s all Rebecca’s doing😕@organixfood isn’t condoning anything, they will survive without her. What about the video where she entices violence towards someone else? Someone got death threats because of her own mistakes her own wrong doings, will organixfood want to be involved with that?? And she did allow the racist comment to be heard by everyone watching the video, who likes racism?! She made a bad situation even worse! The company’s will have a look at her last insta stories and that should be enough, not to mention YouTube! This is worse than it was to begin with and again all because of her mistakes, so much so that she has deleted everything that implicates her! Shame on some people😡

Reactions: 9
I’ve just watched her video and I do think that they are real tears and I do genuinely think she is at rock bottom. There was really good advice a few pages back from someone who works in PR and she should follow what was said there if she really wants to continue with being an influencer. A lot of people on here have said that they don’t want her to fail and I’m also one of those. She just needs to be transparent about what she is effectively promoting to her followers. She also needs to listen to her followers, blocking and deleting people who ask genuine questions such as yoga, log piles, etc seems drastic. When she asked did they want to see more gym posts on the poll, the answer was no but still she ignored what they wanted and continued. That’s why they come here to vent not because they want to make her life a living hell, what’s the point in asking a question and ignoring the answer. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She also said that she has apologised profusely but other than the insta post and story that wasn’t really an apology I haven’t seen one. I’ve never contacted any brands telling them not to work with her and I can’t see why listening to a few ‘trolls’ would make a brand not want to work with her. It’s because of what’s out there that’s put them off. You only have to look at the Organix IG page to see what her followers are putting on there, no brand will want that hassle!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is it just me that can foresee a BBC3 documentary on this debacle within the year?

‘The dark side of influencing’?

The Meldrums need to walk away from it all - if it was me no amount of money could entice me to stay in a career that is clearly affecting her mental health and her judgement (because no one would normally broadcast a name to thousands of viewers). I do believe she is at rock bottom watching that video & it is a difficult watch so surely you would just stop broadcasting your life & get a job away from YT/IG?

Reactions: 20
She needs to make a specific video addressing the racist comment for the people she offended plus it means it’s on record so that when brands are flicking through her videos they can physically see how she handled the situation. It means if people say “why are you working with her after her racist comments” they can say “well as you can see in this video she addressed it” etc etc.

If addressed the correct way, it won’t impact her relationship with brands and she will still have work. At the end of the day brands don’t care about her, they care about their company and they want to make sure that the influencers they recruit for campaigns represent their core values.

The reason brands aren’t working with her is because she has no evidence of apology or resolving the situations in which she has cocked up. That’s the issue.... not other people. I think she knows this which is why she is lashing out.

Her videos are like an online CV for brands she needs to think of it that way, rather than a video diary of her life. It can be that too but Youtube is a business, she refuses to think of it like that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I watched that video wondering who the audience of it was really meant to be because if it was for her followers and to get back on track, it would have made much more sense to do a 'right I'm going to put all of these things to bed once and for all and then move on. I lied about DLP because... etc' and say she was naive etc then move on because it's the same handful of things that keep getting raised about how she conducts her business. She could ignore the personal comments but it's the professional conduct ones that are what keep people going round in circles and viewers are her customers. The video she chose to do I feel was aimed more at brands to say 'look, I'm being really trolled for nothing so just ignore what you read if you're thinking of working with me' when they Google her. I haven't contacted any brands but I do think it's fine for people to do so if they think her whole enterprise commercially is being underhand, influencer work is customer driven at the end of the day. I think people forget it's not just free tickets here and there, those ads also come with huge pay packets and with that comes responsibility. The reason she doesn't know what to do now is probably because the thought of going back to a regular job and earning in a month what she has been in just an Instagram post probably seems like something she doesn't want to consider or because their mortgage etc is based on the high income that was coming in from the ads but that seems like such a risky thing to have done if that is the case as it's so unstable so I'd hope for her family that isn't the case but if it was, that's not the fault of her audience. It just seems really sad that some of the comments on here have actually been really constructive, the kind of free feedback big companies would pay for as it's from people that have once loved the brand and become disengaged and they're actually telling you why. For big companies that information would be gold but because influencers are promoting their lives they take it really to heart, as anyone probably would, and fail to remember that.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Her video last night was the worst thing she could do.

She's riled up her followers with their pitchforks and they are sending death threats and going to companies like organix and accusing them of condoning bullying. Her followers are helping to ruin her own social media infuencer company and make no brand want to go near her.

It's the cake and eat it syndrome so many infuencers have - they want the public figure celeb lifestyle but with nothing but gushing admiration.

She really should say something to stop it, but she probably loves this mob lashing out on her behalf.

If this website disappeared nothing would change, the people she's annoyed with her actions still exist and the discontent is all over the interweb.

Reactions: 25
The last Ad was really dodgy too. Maybe that’s because no one else would touch it?! You can’t use a huge brand like cineworld to mislead people to swipe up and buy tickets for another brand who you haven’t named!

She does this all the time! Stop being sneaky. Why couldn’t you have had a nice backdrop and just have you wearing your 3D glasses? You wanted people to think they were buying cinema tickets from a cinema!

Edit: I don’t contact brands either because I really don’t care enough

Reactions: 22
The last Ad was really dodgy too. Maybe that’s because no one else would touch it?! You can’t use a huge brand like cineworld to mislead people to swipe up and buy tickets for another brand who you haven’t named!

She does this all the time! Stop being sneaky. Why could you have had a nice backdrop and just have you wearing your 3D glasses? You wanted people to think they were buying cinema tickets from a cinema!
Who was the 3D ad for? What happened with that? I missed that totally

Reactions: 1
I have seen some youtuber's do some dumb tit over the years BUT Mrs Meldrum what the hell where you thinking?

My advise To Rebecca:

1. Delete the trolls video immediately. By trying to gain sympathy from over 120,000 subscribers #fail All you did is direct them to the gossip website because your viewers are now going to be curious about what has been posted. #fail

2. Invest your time replying to your supporters who wrote glowing positive comments and deserved to be treated much better than you have treated them. The amount of time you have wasted reading about yourself could have been put to better use. You focused your time and energy on the wrong people.

3. You should take responsibility for your address being public and not blame someone else because you uploaded vlog footage which made your home location visible to anyone with access to google maps.

4. Just delete the video and gain some of your dignity back!

p.s. If I was in your shoes I would welcome a negative thread so that people DON'T post on your own social media and you don't have to deal with it unfortunately everyone on youtube has to be liked and that just not possible.

Reactions: 22
Just watched the video and it wasn’t really an easy watch.
I believe she is at rock bottom and she can see that it’s not sustainable anymore and that is what she is devastated about.
The thought of her becoming a sahm and lee going to work scares her. She is scared of loosing the life she has because she knows brands won’t work with her.
Who is to blame? Well ultimately she is. Of this site didn’t exist then maybe her mistakes wouldn’t of been picked up and she wouldn’t have the back lash she has. Does that mean we should stop? No as people will constantly get away with it.
Toby and Roo have just been gifted DLP trip and she hasn’t used #ad on more than half her stories just puts #ad on every 10 or so bit once that disappears and people are just dipping in they won’t know it’s gifted all the clothes they got were gifted not labeled she literally was given a whole wardrobe for all the family and she didn’t even thank Asda how is this right

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Honestly they are all as bad as each other these people. They make me so angry. Youtube shouldn't even be a job.

Reactions: 15
Who was the 3D ad for? What happened with that? I missed that totally
I can’t even remeber the name of the company! I would never buy through a website I haven’t heard of it could lead to all sorts of trouble but here she is pimping it out without tagging the company!

There is a photo on here with her and the girls in front of the toy story board at cineworld wearing 3D glasses. She didn’t tag any company and put #ad at the end of the description. I think she later changed it when it was pointed out (and when the engagement was up) but then it was taken down because I assume cineworld complained.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.