Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Catwoman

VIP Member
I’ve had time to reflect on the last few days and actually what I was doing here when I first joined. As you’ve all said she really needs to address this properly. She is trying to use the sympathy card to gain more support. I would like her to address these subjects:

1) Why did you give one reason for lying about Disney and suggesting you made a boob but later on said it’s because you didn’t want to rub it in people’s faces that you get these things and they don’t? Which is it? You seem to trip yourself up with continuous lies.
2) Why do you delete and block anyone who has a genuine, polite question? You are still doing this now. I was once a very loyal follower. People are blocked for asking if it’s snowing, if something is an AD, about yoga, replying to whether they like your log pile or for just giving you a different opinion to your own. Have open discussion on your page and things will change for you.
3) Why did you turn up to a food bank empty handed and accept payment got said trip In regards to Ella’s kitchen?
4) Why do you get so upset and offended by your followers wanting to know if something is an AD? Many don’t care, which is fine, but is it not my right to know if I’m being sold something? Why don’t you and Lee respect that instead of sniggering at us and leaving passive aggressive comments saying “this is an AD fyi”. Why belittle my right to know if there is advertising going on? You just make people angry.
5) Why can’t you label ADs properly? It’s not hard. I don’t care if you have to make a living by selling me something, good on you for living a full life and making money, but why can’t you see I just want honesty? One lie and people will always doubt anything you say. Just be 100% honest and upfront.
6) Why are you so flippant and uncaring towards people’s feelings? You say you’re not this person on your video that we are making you out to be yet your actions have said otherwise. You say you apologise yet you do the opposite. After people having genuine upset over your octopus picture, instead of thinking that we all have different views you put a story up in a really nasty voice “why are people so bothered by a fucking octopus?”. After past events you have also uploaded posts saying you don’t give a shit and no fucks given. We can only go off what you present to us and that is not very nice behaviour is it and disrespectful to your followers?
7) Why, after the whole KKK incident did you try and cover it up and then not address the shielding using candice? Your apology was only written to keep your followers in the dark about the whole story. You came back from your break with no mention of it. It comes across as arrogant and dismissive once again.
8) Why did you use a post about a breast cancer scare to advertise Next? Why can’t you apologise for the people you have genuinely offended with this?
9) Why can’t you see that if you just addressed each problem as it came along and respected different opinions in the first place that you would never be in this mess? It is your arrogance and uncaring attitude that brought people here.
10) Why does your husband passively aggressively inbox people instead of being a mature adult and respecting others polite, genuine questions ( not offensive or trolling ). If I ask Katie Ellison a question I get a kind, level headed response. If I ask you or Lee I get blocked or mocked! Being mocked will only make people angry. How can you not see where you’re going wrong?

I’m sorry for this long post but needs must. Unlike what she has said, I have not formed this whole other version of her which isn’t true. I have only gone off what she has presented to me.
This ⬆ completely sums up how I feel about this whole situation. The tears on boomerang are anger, frustration and above all GUILT. It's now a complete mess kicked off by the ridiculous but avoidable behaviour of Rebecca Meldrum on her platforms over the last 3 days. The naming of a contributor from here is shameful and dangerous, the video put up on you tube filmed, in my opinion the day prior around the same time as IG stories and is completely one sided. It makes no reference to what MrsM went on to do or just had done. The doxxing, still no apology for that! Both the stories and video were pre meditated, the stories quickly deleted but MrsM you knew what you were doing. The naming of an individual and encouraging tens of thousands to seek them out, IS bullying, IS inviting hate and IS trolling, above all its illegal! Same could be said for directing the same audience towards this platform, where people have now received death threats? You had your little corner of the Internet, we had ours, neither paths needed to cross.
All you've done is send people over here, who, if they have the time will have their eyes opened as I once did.
7 months ago you mentioned this website, I was curious, came in spoke with attitude in support of you, I even saw screenshots of my supportive comments on your IG slated by tattle members. I spent time reading here and the doubts or frustration I already had in how your channel was heading became clear. I was being taken for a mug, I had purchased items on your recemmendation without you declaring your interest, you had pretended to be 'a friend' of followers, try this, try that, it's the best. All the time not declaring, despite industry regulations, what you were doing. I felt a fool but still supported you. Neither of you ever answered dm's, ever! Regardless of the question or subject. Of course, THAT doesn't count for engagement does it? Then... 6 weeks later you both blocked me for asking how the yoga was going. 🧘‍♂️ Seriously? I became another loyal follower treated like shit. Like so many that have come here, our only platform to express, to follow and for the largest part support a change in your channel to how it once was and actually to become better. There are TONS of supportive comments on Tattle for you, absolutely loads!
Finally, to the10k that have signed a petition. Well done. But your efforts would have been better put to demanding firstly and most importantly for an awareness about casual racism and why it MUST be stamped OUT. Shame on you for not considering that and directing your energies to something worthwhile.
10K + to get rid of tattle? But consider this. Your time again would be better spent in ensuring that at the very least that the greedy influencers adhere to industry guidelines for declaring advertisements, paid sponsorships, gifted items. I have no problem in anyone doing ads, none at all, but as a consumer I should have an informed CHOICE, that's all we are asking for. The MrsM channel and others have been deliberately misleading consumers and deflecting attention long enough, it has to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Justreading

VIP Member
I've watched the video and I do agree to a point. I've posted things in the past, Mrs M has blocked me even though I was a long time viewer/SHEEP! I've sent her countless messages and never ever had a reply

Maybe it is time to draw a line. She has apologised, I think it was a shit apology. She clearly feels it was sufficient.
But this IS what pays her mortgage, and buys those girls food, and keeps them warm! Is it time to let bygones be bygones and give her a chance to redeem herself? She needs the AD work or she'll never get ahead. She wont get a job after this so give her a chance to have money and keep a roof over her families head?

And to Rebecca... I can't message as I say you blocked me. You blocked me for saying I hope it doesn't snow for fuck sake. Is it any wonder you're getting this hate when you block people willy nilly!?!

We all know you read here... apologise properly, make a video apologising for your mistakes. Address DLP and the racism. Address the fact you dont mark ADs correctly! Moving forward be honest! Be a normal mum, stay with them on holiday, spend time with them! Go to their school events and take them to play groups. If you want to be relatable, be relatable! Stop taking thousands of shit ads knowing it'll piss your viewers off. Stop going on 10 holidays a year, that's NOT a normal mum thing! Only you can change your ways and make this work and make people like you!

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Shoegal17

VIP Member
Random Monday thought, I don’t watch it myself but Reb has commented many times about Love Island and can’t wait to watch it, discussing it at playgroup etc. Is she not therefore treating the contestants the same as we are treating her. Watching, having a gossip, commenting on the snap shot of their time on the Island. So what’s so different? Does she stop to think how they would feel reading negative comments about themselves.

Genuine trolling aside, which is when you directly get in touch and send nasty message (well that’s my understand of trolling) is she any different gossiping?! It’s never nice to hear or read negative opinions about yourself, that’s why you shouldn't eves drop 🤔. The Daily Mail comments section on showbiz, is that any different? Harsh at times, but life can be! I see the tears but I also hear the words that come out of her mouth!

Directors of a company have an obligation regarding Corporate and Social Responsibility and must be highly aware of their actions and reactions. You can’t hold the top spot, take the rewards that come with that then blame others when you are held accountable.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Her followers keep coming here trolling, get banned and then say we're hypocritical. Most trolly comments never make it live.

This is a forum, there's one thread per person and derailing is against the rules.

This isn't a free speach free for all, it's for like minded individuals (that are disillusioned with infuencers) and it's totally different to the multi threaded comments on social media where it's easy to just ignore one comment. If that makes sense?

They come here posting "wow you're all vile, must have an IQ of less than 20 and are fat Jeremy Kyle lovers" and expect it to stay?!

• Haha
"I'm sorry that I lied about DLP"

"I'm sorry I took money to advertise the food bank and went empty handed."

"I'm sorry I've blocked people for asking how yoga was going, if there was going to be a daddy and me, and people who genuinely didn't deserve it".

"I'm sorry about the KKK comment. I'm sorry for how I handled the whole situation afterwards."

"I'm sorry for everything, hold my hands up and will try to be better."

I've never seen these words from her. That's all she had to say, took me 30 second to type out.
Saying "I apologise/I've apologised" is not an apology in my eyes. That's what people say when they feel backed in to a corner but can't actually force themselves to say the word "sorry". I've not watched the video yet,but I do hate to think of anyone upset.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Laststop

The hashtag #isupportmrsm is doing the rounds now aswell [emoji2356][emoji23]

I wonder how many people she’s sent this way who have finally seen the light??

This thread currently has over 63k views.. her ‘TROLLS’ video currently has 55k.

I think unfortunately for every [emoji207] who sees the light there’s another ten following her in the wake of this drama. She knows how to play the game, even if she has no idea how to stick to the rules!!!
I dunno why but for some reason the #isupportmrsm nonsense reminds me of this from a classic 1990s Corrie storyline

Attachments

• Haha

murphy

Tattle Life has its own Youtube channel. I wonder if it would be possible to put something up on it dispelling the sheep's assumptions and setting the record straight? Simple text on a white background going over the history of the issues and answering the worst accusations?

Just read through some of the 'fans' messages on Meldrum's Instagram and I am astounded at the level of self-deception. They 'love' her apparently. And are 'grateful' that she shares her life with them. And if we can criticise her then why can't she also dox members on here ...the stupidity is breathtaking.
It shows just how much of a knowledge gap there is about the real business of being an influencer. It's a business that relies on deception and creating an illusion of authenticity.
Isn't it revealing though that the sheep all write the same damn things over and over, very limited vocabulary and over-use of emojis..whereas the people on here write in full paragraphs and actually have something interesting to say.

I think she knows that we are right and that's what she doesn't like. I remember her reaction to an earlier Mail article about influencers that was quite cutting and used her as an example. She didn't calm down for days about that one. So I reckon there's a lot of underlying guilt about what she's doing and how she's earning her money but its just too good to give it up. She's trapped.

Reactions: 34

Mamakarma

Long time viewer without commenting. Just can’t believe how many followers are taken in by this.
Rebecca gets cornered, she does the mental health, crying, complaining about trolls etc, then miraculously within 24-48 hours she is whole again and comes back with undeclared ads, Insta grid postings not declaring freebies and the list goes on.
Having suffered previously and currently with mental health, it really pains me to see someone make such a mockery of this condition.
Will possibly be my one and only post, as no matter the reporting, provision of advice, this woman will as my mum used to say will fall in the Clyde and come out with fish in her pockets. There is no way she will ever leave social media, stop lying, defy rules, manipulate followers. A leopard cannot change its spots especially when money is involved.

• Heart

ALMRPM

I've said it before, when I first going this site it was as a result of being absolutely mullered online by her sheep for asking about her putting Poppy in childcare! She never said a word or deleted their nasty vicious comments. Up until that point I had absolutely loved your channel Rebecca, both yours and The Meldrums. I was gutted when you pulled the Meldrums, I even messaged Lee and got quite a nice reply from him. The irony for me is that when I found your channels I was suffering terribly with GDA (generalised anxiety disorder) and I could barely leave my house, some days I didn't. Your channels really helped me, I looked forward to your uploads. I'll admit to having taken the piss out of you on these threads because, well lets be honest, it's quite easy. But joking apart, the way you treated me as a follower was nothing short of disgusting. You throw people away quicker than the contents of your latest wardrobe clear out. I'm so glad I found this site to learn the truth about you.

• Heart

Mabelrose

VIP Member
OMG!!! Don’t fall for it, she’s stepping back because she CANT get work and Lee needs to get a job! I think that’s the real reason! So she’s saying everyone judges and all the sheep are commenting on how they are judge....but she throws a tantrum because we judge her even though she a ‘public figure’ 🤷🏻‍♀️ She will never change, IMO she’s really a very unpleasant individual.

• Heart

Molly123

I don’t buy the video sorry. This latest melt down is related to losing work-nothing else. Also don’t think there’s anything wrong with contacting brands influencing can’t just work one way.
And completely agree with the poster that said it’s gossip but not trolling. Unless messages are sent directly to her

• Heart

a.girl.has.no.name

7E41C2C2-EAAE-4363-ACD1-C93EFA1BC217.jpeg

Seriously. She’s following those support hashtags! Talk about seriously trying to bump up her own ego 🙄 even funnier that no one has used it 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

montydonfc

VIP Member
Oh I completely agree it's her own actions, and I didn't insinuate gossip on tattle means she wont be able to feed her children.

However it is a fact that people on here have gone directly to brands to demand they don't work with her. She will never get any brand work if that happens every time she tries to move on.

I am a tattler and have been for some time, I'm not an angry sheep coming over to tell you all to be nice. As I said maybe it's time to let bygones be bygones and give her a chance to redeem herself.

My post was also my only chance to message her as she's blocked me like I said. And doesn't respond to messages. She made this mess, she needs to fix it! However she maybe needs to be allowed the chance to fix it and be a better person.

If she fucks up again then it's fair game!
She fucked up with Disney
No apology, she didn’t declare it so as not to offend her followers that she was getting another lovely gifted trip away as it might make them jealous.
Cried the trolls ruined it all for her.
Came back with no remorse.

She fucked up going to a food bank with no donation and being paid to visit
No explanation of her actions
Came back with no remorse

She used a Next AD in conjunction with a Breast Cancer scare
No apology or explanation for her actions

She shared racist content on her channel
No apology, big bad trolls fault, swanned off on her freebie holiday to “reflect”

I’m not being funny but how many times can you just let bygones be bygones?

Reb can’t expect for things to get better if she doesn’t change her own actions. If you keep doing the same thing over and over with no change, how can you expect a different outcome?

Do you really believe as well that from a couple of people on a gossip website that’s justification enough for a brand to drop her? Organix didn’t decide on Thursday to get shot because a tattler messaged them? Big deal if she doesn’t get any brand work! She should honestly have considered her reputation and brand before she allowed herself to make mistake after mistake. In my opinion she’s had more than enough time and opportunity to correct her behaviour and redeem herself yet she still wants to point the blame on everyone else. I know exactly what you are saying, I’ve commented lots of times saying the exact same thing that she could turn it round but a bit like Reb it’s now a broken record ☹

• Heart

Tomtom

The thing that’s scares her the most is having to get a real job that’s why she is going mad she will do anything to manipulate the sheep so her and lee can stay at home get free things and go on five holidays a year with doing very little work and staying at home that’s a fact

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Peachbomb

VIP Member
Oh goodness, the quotes! 🙈😂
People use quotes when they haven’t got the intelligence to say it themselves. (peachbomb of tattle 2019)

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
This is why it's not a good idea to mix your business and your personal life. Her job is selling her and her family's private life. The meltdown is just because it's financially hitting her now she's had a racism scandal. She shouldn't of put herself in such a precarious position of supporting a whole family just on social media ADs, it could end at any time.

Living your life as a public figure has downsides and she's put fuel on the fire with countless shady and dishonest things she's done.

No one wants to see anyone upset. I'm sure lots of us have walked away from jobs that weren't making us happy or been made redundant from jobs through no fault of our own. The best thing is to take responsibility and do something positive, this isn't it.

This is nothing to do with tattle, it's through her own actions. Gossip has existed before paper. Even if admin decided to close this site ten more would spring up in its place.

Maisie842

VIP Member
I hadn't watched this person's video until today so can't comment on her past behaviour that I've read about here, but what I feel I can say is this.

These family vloggers have made the CHOICE to post the parts of their life that they choose to show us online. There are always going to be people who won't like or agree with you, it isn't possible for 100% of the people to like you 100% of the time, no matter who you are. It's the same thing in real life FFS, the only difference is that in real life we don't interact so personally with such a large number of people on a daily basis.

When you decide to choose a career such as this, you have to be willing to accept the bad with good, and whether those comments come from a more condensed gossip site like this one or from comments dribbling in on their channel, they are always going to be there. Yes it's unfortunate, and it's much nicer to think that everyone will love you, but that isn't real life.

Having watched her for the first time today in her trolls video, I did find it uncomfortable to watch, but at the same time if the comments on tattle life are affecting her so badly that she is at rock bottom in her life, then perhaps this isn't the best career choice for her and her family. All of us are judged on a daily basis by employers, colleagues, strangers, even friends and family, it's just a part of being human. Putting yourself on the internet is just expanding that field on a global scale.

I have a family friend who is in the public eye, and she is aware of a forum which discusses people in her sector of work. She's fully aware that she could very well be spoken about but hasn't once looked at it.

At the end of it, we all have choices and we are all responsible for our own actions.

Sorry for the long post!

• Heart
  • Wow

LurkyLou

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think these women should stop being influencers if that's what they enjoy doing. I don't even begrudge them making a living off of it. People have been making a living off of unconventional careers long before social media influencing came to be. What I take issues with are them exploiting their children/family, as well as, their audiences. You can make videos to your hearts content about yourself and what you do in a day all you want. But the minute you film your toddler's private moments, broadcast it for billions of people to see, and turn it into an opportunity for financial gain, any respect I may have had for you goes right out the window. It's no different when you knowingly withhold information on a brand deal or sponsorship. Why is it so hard for them to be honest? If you need to parade your kids out for all the public to see and have them entertain everyone on a free trip that you've lied about receiving, then maybe you should own up to the fact that your life was never that video worthy to begin with.

• Heart

ALMRPM

I've just seen Messiah's stories, and I am no way wanting to de-rail the thread, but OMG!!! The stuff that poor guy is going through, that is trolling, that is bullying!!!! The irony here is just too much. Her followers (allegedly) are all so thick it's worrying, really fucking worrying!!!! I've been on this site a little while now, I've never seen anything threatening or abusive being said, no hate speech... just the truth, and a few laughs along the way! Jesus this is going way too far now! Meldrum needs to hang her head in shame!

• Sad
  • Angry

Notfazed

I can understand why people are deleting their accounts, it's frustrating that Reb is getting away with it all. I'm sorry that you're leaving. However, if we all pack it in then she's won and that is not right whatsoever. Please reconsider staying. X

• Heart