Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If so upset...stop social media immediately.
Oh yes....you did that before.....but cos u made a HUGE mistake.
Realise now...your HUGE mistake in this Joint career. If want BMWs and £600K house...you work for it. And for the love those girls....show them a normal un camera life.
We live in Aberdeen and talk about how so scary a life your girls lead. My mum was a nurse and a proud kid i was to always say that a school.
What do your kids say???
Eeekkk
Come on...its over please xxx

Reactions: 13
Oh dear. I don’t like seeing a woman saying she’s at rock bottom. I take no pleasure seeing someone crying & upset. It’s really sad as all this could have been avoided and she still is blaming everyone else instead of taking a long hard look at herself. You certainly have not apologised, apologised & apologised. Every single cock up you in fact behaved the opposite to what you’re suggesting. I have seen one apology on your Instagram regarding the kkk incident, which was cleverly worded and didn’t include all the facts now did it? You may label things correctly regrading ADs once and then you’re back to your old tricks again & adjusting it at a later date. How about actually doing the right thing consistently and stop trying to hide what has gone on the past year from all her followers.

Repeatedly, she has tried to act like she couldn’t give two shits when she has messed up. All I see is posts stating you don’t give a duck. There has been so many white lies I can’t keep up. You changed your mind twice on why the whole Disney land shitstorm went down, when people question it they’re deleted. I honestly think she forgets that we have seen all of this and have memories. It’s there in black and white.

Honestly, if I was her, I would not want to give up my business. I would do a sit down video without blaming everyone else and say I’ve got myself in a bit of a mess and just be honest. I’m not even talking just about the kkk nightmare. I’m talking about the past 8-12 months of constantly messing up and then trying to continue with this shady behaviour and deleting and blocking everyone with a suggestion, friendly opinion or feedback. Life just doesn’t work like that, maybe in her world it did but not in the real world.

Lastly (sorry for the annoyingly long post) I wish her followers would look up the definition of the word troll. I see trolls on Instagram, I see them writing damn right nasty things and I’ve actually seen a couple on her Instagram which deserve to be deleted. Vile comments about those beautiful girls etc. A troll is someone who seeks another person out and continually and repeatedly harasses and messages someone. I have never messaged, left comments or anything of the sort. I’m not trolling for writing my opinion on a gossip forum. There are other forums about her other than Tattle. If you don’t like it don’t read it! Would be nice to see these trolling messages she receives. She could easily publish them without revealing the name. Probably in a file with all the other messages she gets asking where her lipstick or clothes are from 🙄

Yes I agree with the above comments about real lives are being affected and it could all end very badly. However, has she cared enough to change her behaviour? Where is the care for her children being plastered all over the internet, their whole childhood memories always having a camera in their faces? I wouldn’t want that life for my children at all but respect that’s what they have chosen to do and if they want to put it right it’s in their hands 👍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She thought she was being clever not naming the brand paying for the Ad which have let to other brands (presumably Disney and Cineworld) being contacted and asked why they would work with her.
She should have employed a proper expert in PR when the DLP boob happened. Again, maybe had she stopped throwing a hissy fit and actually addressed why the followers of her channel were annoyed by her actions she could have saved her career. It's been said a hundred times before it's not the mistake it's how you handle it afterwards that matters. She has handled every situation so badly.

Reactions: 27
Wow not been on all day and now catching up with all that I’ve missed. Firstly Kermit glad to hear that you are ok, please come back as I loved reading your posts 😘😘.

I’ve not watched her stories but I see someone has posted it earlier, will watch it at a more appropriate time so not to wake up my husband 😊. I can’t believe she named Kermit publicly with her real name (if correct one given) it was a really stupid thing for her to do. I think she is just panicking now with ads being pulled and the money will be starting to dry up and is lashing out in anger. She can control comments on her IG/YT by deleting and blocking but things on here she can’t do anything about. While there have been some nasty things written about her in the past (I don’t think that poster is on here anymore) the majority of us just want her to be honest when doing ads and to apologise for liftgate properly. It must be really upsetting to read horrible things being said about you online. I know that she doesn’t have to read here but I think I’d be curious too if it was me.

I totally understand that as influencers they need to earn a wage and are happy for them to do ads as long as they are declared properly. I think most people fall into that category. What pisses people off though is the undeclared ads, being shady about gifted holidays, running an ad campaign for a brand followed by the same product different brand the following week and being ad heavy. That makes you come over as grabby, greedy and untrustworthy as an influencer. I don’t want her to fail but I think she has handled the past few months really badly and I think she will struggle to get back to where she was in the early days. She should get herself some professional PR advice to see the best way for coming back from all this and not be arrogant to think that ‘zero fucks given’ is going to cut it!

Sorry for the essay 🤭. I’ve even nearly sent myself to sleep 🤣

There are two types of criticism: constructive criticism and projected criticism.

Constructive Criticism
Constructive criticism is the type of criticism that every great person seeks out. If you are trying to improve yourself, hearing how good you are at something isn’t helpful. It’s nice to hear, sure, but what the person chasing excellence wants to know is, “what could I do better?”
Constructive criticism answers this question. It’s well thought out, objective, and the critic gives it with a level head. If the criticism is accurate, then it helps you improve. If the criticism is inaccurate, then you either learn what made the person see things that way, or ignore it.

Projected Criticism
Projected criticism is an emotional, negative reaction to something you’ve said or done. If someone rants about how irresponsible you are, it’s because something you did emotionally threatened them.
Projected criticism is simply a projection of a person’s psyche. It’s the result of envy, insecurity, or anger. It should always be ignored.

Ask for criticism
Once you understand and can identify projected criticism, criticism becomes useful.
It’s easy to ignore the haters once you understand what is behind their words. All that’s left is constructive criticism, which helps you grow and improve.

(https://connorgrooms.com/2-types-of-criticism/)
I think that there’s been a fair amount of posts over the threads that have given constructive criticism. I’ve had the impression over the last 8 months or so that many people haven’t wanted Rebecca to fail and had she maybe acted on some of the criticism offered she might not have created the tit storm that has followed her over the last few months. Instead the posters have been called trolls, jealous haters, etc when in fact some of them have given really good advice. Remember a lot of these posters were once followers and instead of listening to them they were deleted and blocked resulting in them coming here to offload.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
@Kermit I am glad you are okay. If you are able I would definitely report her. There's no telling what some of the die hard fans could do, and you haven't done anything wrong.
This 🙌.
And @kermit I hope you are ok. ❤😔

Reactions: 11
Wow...just...wow. I came in here to post about her latest video and all the sudden I found out she released someone's personal information to legion of sheep. I hope nothing happens to Kermit or her family. In this instance, I think it would be a great idea for anyone who has evidence to report this offense to Channel Mum. Like any business, I'm sure they have rules and guidelines against doxing. I normally stay out of things like this but what she did is very serious and shouldn't be glossed over. We're not talking about forgetting to post a company you worked with here, we're talking about releasing someone's private information. I do not wish anything awful to happen to her family but you break the rules you get to deal with the consequences.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
If she has forced Kermit off this forum by lying to thousands of people that she is a troll out to get her, when Kermit does not do this for financial gain or is a registered business, is that not the epitome of bullying and exactly what she would want? For tattlers to disappear? I hope Kermit takes legal action and it's about time Channel Mum distanced themselves from this serious unprofessionalism. She proved with yesterdays ad that she still doesn't get the issue people have, or still doesn't care which is worse. Instagram should make it so you cant edit posts if they're going to be a platform for honest advertising. I've seen so many influencers go back on later and add 'ad' saying 'oops sorry, forgot' and never understood how they'd forget or why but people hit the nail on the head yesterday saying it's to allow a few hours of real engagement through first as they're always saying ads get much less engagement than their regular posts.

Reactions: 21
She needs someone that's close to her to sit her down and help her get things into perspective. A racism scandal can ruin the career of someone that's a public figure. It isn't tattles fault for people commenting on her buisness social media accounts and the constant lies and half lies she can't seem to stop telling.

On her account there's several new accounts set up that just have a link to a petition that are being used to spread lies on tattle. Her address has never been shared here, people pointed out that the public records for her limited company was for a residential address. Mentions of the companies house website were quickly deleted just because we take privacy seriously and even if an infuencer has been careless we don't allow it repeated here. Actions like this really aren't helping her cause. Lies is what the issue has been since the start. But I guess you cant really complain about people talking about exposing your lies, so need to resort to more lies. It's beyond a joke now.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Messiah Kaeto has removed his post from Cineworld insta page now. He was asking if she was working with them..... or have Cineworld maybe removed it?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She has now removed the story that said she should never have named a troll, and Is fragile

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I remember Kermit saying she had a very young baby maybe I’m wrong? Hope she is ok.

Reactions: 3
This really shows just how fragile and unpredictable the ‘influencer’ world is, and how quickly (hopefully) it can begin to dissolve - and not just Mrs Meldrum - in general.

Social media has created a terrible vacuous environment where anyone can boast and brag about what they have, and encourage others to aspire to be the same.

Ordinarily there is no problem in that, as that’s the basis of advertising - however this new breed of influencers are a dangerous one in which followers feel emotionally connected, and perhaps even friends with said influencer.

We can see the glaring evidence that this approach clearly works in the amount of people blindly defending Mrs Meldrum without actually asking themselves - ‘what has she ever done for me?’.

New readers, let me put it bluntly for you - she is not your friend. She is not recommending things purely to help mummies have an easier day, or enhance your life somehow. The products and items she advertises are to create a revenue stream for her and her family. Whether you purchase outright, or get yourself into debt, is of no consequence to her.

Let me repeat - she is not your friend.

The way that she has reacted has shown very clearly just how much influencers rely on the money - and the panic that sets in when there is a threat of the money being removed.

If Mrs Meldrum loves her little corner of the internet so much and what she does, then why wouldn’t she just carry one regardless of making money or not? Oh that’s right, she doesn’t love it - it’s her JOB.

Remember that, newbies.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m done with Mrs Meldrum. Forget about racist content and not declaring Ad’s what she’s done is atrocious.

She’s effectively put a target on someone’s back. She has no concern for their safety. They chose to be private unlike her. She’s willing to sell her family so she can afford to have security.

If someone has the audacity to disagree with her she will expose their private life and put them in danger. That is the definition of a troll.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Just out of interest. Is this site illegal? Guessing not as it would be taken down by now if it was?

Just out of interest. Is this site illegal? Guessing not as it would be taken down by now if it was?
Is talking about public figures illegal? Not unless you're living under a dictatorship, which quite frankly many infuencers seem to like the sound of - just as long as they are the ones doing the dictating.

Nothing about tattle is illegal. It's commenting on people that choose to make themselves a public figure and we have very strict rules so no threatening, abusive, hateful etc content is allowed.

Reactions: 33
Well... that escalated quickly! Firstly @kermit hope you’re ok & able to come back soon! I missed the now deleted insta stories when she “outed” Kermit but have got the gist from here & Instagram.
Christ on a bike! My eyes have rolled so far back in my head they’ve done a 360 at all the comments slagging off here! I’ve found the majority of the threads have provided a really interesting insight into mummy blogging, ads etc, granted sometimes it’s gone too far & some posters seem to have a different agenda than just discussing Rebecca’s shadiness, but on the whole definitely gave me pause for thought!
I hope for her & her families sake they are able to come back from this (again!) but as always if she’s insistent to come on here take on board the constructive opinions that are really valid!

Reactions: 9
I just cannot imagine how I would have felt as a 2 year old, 4 year old or 7 year old child, to have seen my mum talking/crying into a phone saying you were done, deflated, defeated.... those poor girls must be so scared and confused at what they see on a daily basis.
This exactly, my 18yr old son was worried about me yesterday as I went out after work (which his dad knew I was doing) but my tracker app wasn't working, he was concerned because the night before I had been upset after work (work in mental health and after taking control of intense situation all day I came home and was emotional).
That's an adult child being concerned over something they understand why their mum is stressed /upset sometimes, I can't imagine how those girls feel, and even if they don't see/hear they will feel it.
I'm so sorry to hear about Kermit, risky unacceptable and if memory serves Kermit wasn't ever 'mean' just pointing out how they felt /facts?

As for the police being involved, what Reb means is she baked 101 and they've probably just put it down as intelligence. Whereas naming Kermit is massively out of line.

I'm sure I'm only repeating what has already been said.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really can’t see a way back now. Doxxing is very serious, not to mention extremely unprofessional. The saying hoist with your own petard springs to mind 🤔

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.