Mrs Meldrum #45 Begging 9 to 5, what a way to make a living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Kermit I am glad you are okay. If you are able I would definitely report her. There's no telling what some of the die hard fans could do, and you haven't done anything wrong.

To Rebecca:

You need to go and take a long hard look at yourself. You have just broken the law. Not guidelines but the law.

Countless times people have told you on here what you can do to save your business. Most if not all of us want you to take responsibility for your actions and your 'cock ups' and then do your job PROPERLY. Declaring ads in line with the guidelines, not editing them later on. Etc etc.

Your apology was gaslighting, and it didn't take responsibility. Re read it and see if one of your girls made an apology like that, what you would say? Apologising is acknowledging any wrong doing, not talking about how you feel.

I used to be a huge fan. I looked forward to your videos, I felt like I was your friend.

Your content and attitude has changed dramatically, and that is sad.

Please please please, try to think critically and see how this whole situation could have been avoided if you had just done the right thing.

Is there no one at Meldrum camp that can deliver some hard truths so you can grow from this and come out of the other side?

Seriously I don't like to see that you have been so upset, but come on you are always reactive instead of proactive and may have done your business in for good.

Reactions: 29
No one is ripping her life apart. She is doing that herself by failing to run her business properly. She chooses to read here, she isn't forced to. She chooses to broadcast and run her life based on promoting products, reviewing holidays, writing scrap books. If people notice those mistakes of no #AD, notice 8 ads in 48 hours they will talk about it. She isn't as upset as she appears. It's manipulation. Following her tried and tested pattern of tears, I'm done speech to bitchy comment. Next it's usually 12 to 24 hours silence then a self care AD or a Boden Jumper and all is well again.

Hinch copycats, the cleaning thread might have their names but 1 can't be mentioned because she is a private account.
If you mention her name you'll summon @Oohthedrama 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Raindropsandroses.

You aren't serious? Some people make the nicknames sure, because she advertised olay and elemis at the same time and isnt brand loyal for a brand ambassador. I don't use the nicknames, but that doesn't make anyone's points less valid?

Raindropsandroses.

You aren't serious? Some people make the nicknames sure, because she advertised olay and elemis at the same time and isnt brand loyal for a brand ambassador. I don't use the nicknames, but that doesn't make anyone's points less valid?
I was reading that comment and all the sudden it was gone🤣🤣

• Haha
Just catching up. Wow, there really are no winners here. Poor Kermit. Mrs M really needs to take professional business advice and also have some counselling to help her deal with everything that’s happened.
Big hugs to all.

Reactions: 9
Looks like she has removed the last part from her stories now too. Someone has obviously told her she was admitting liability. Yet she has allowed the name to remain on her grid by her followers.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Looks like she has removed the last part from her stories now too. Someone has obviously told her she was admitting liability. Yet she has allowed the name to remain on her grid by her followers.

View attachment 25476

Is it the person’s real name or just the Tattle username that’s in the comments? I can only see the Tattle username. If real name though it would need to be reported.

Reactions: 2
I think it’s clear to see here that these threads have gone beyond simply wanting apologies or for her to make improvements to the way she runs her business. So, similar to the honesty being demanded of her, everyone here should be honest about their own intentions.
There is an abundance of unscrupulous advertising out there, mostly from major, faceless companies that have huge marketing/PR departments to resolve any ugliness. Here we are talking about a family and a business that has evolved out of nothing which is very different. If I don’t agree with the ethics or trading practise of a company I simply do not engage with or purchase from said company, there is an opportunity to do the same here.
I’m quite saddened to see and read upset from all angles here. I see some valid points regarding transparency for advertising here but I also see her being referred to as ‘Grabecca’ and ‘Rebeggar’ for working via ads so I agree that she doesn’t seem to be able to win.
I truly hope everyone involved in this mess can take a step back and consider that real lives are being impacted and, as it appears to me, this could all end very badly which isn’t something I’d want on my conscience!
Where’s all this ‘abundance of unscrupulous advertising’ you speak of then? Where?? Examples?

Reactions: 3
Is it the person’s real name or just the Tattle username that’s in the comments? I can only see the Tattle username. If real name though it would need to be reported.
Real name was there but think its gone.

Reactions: 4
Do you think the sheepies know that change.org can’t actually do anything 😂

It’s just an administrative site to collect data, it has no power over law, policing or government.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And if you don’t agree with ethics or standards from big companies you simply don’t engage?? So you turn s blind eye, bury your head in the sand? And let it continue and build momentum?? That’s so lame

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Out of curiosity Raindrops how come you 've suddenly come on here now?... Not seen you caring , discussing, offering thoughts participating before today's latest in the long meldrums business influencer social media mess up/ saga? Just would like to know\ clarity

Reactions: 4
Her real name was mentioned a few times. Ill have a look to see if it has gone.

The majority of those defending her do not know her from Adam. Locally she is seen as a joke.
You can not plaster your life all over social media for money and then whine when people comment on it. It's time she got a proper job. She would probably be happier too. How can you live and enjoy life when every memory is for a blog or Insta grid. I feel sorry for her children too. They will get ripped to shreds for it at academy with all the videos and pictures online forever
Great quote as locally I hear the same about her and all people say is...those poor girls when old enough to realise. She needs stop this as the ONLY family income immediately xx

Reactions: 11
@MrBull The real names have now been deleted by the look of it. Bit like closing the stable door after the horse as bolted though. Goodness knows how many loonies now know her real name and are looking out for her on Mrs M's behalf. The weird thing is, Kermit never said anything bad about Rebecca. If I was going to call someone out as a troll on here it would definitely not have been Kermit, which makes me wonder if it is other members of Rebecca's family telling her stuff, especially as we know for a fact her mother was trying to follow Kermit on insta.

Reactions: 14
A793A210-C096-474C-AE0D-74F38E39BE67.jpeg

I mean, it’s a good point.
Her “fans” are very passionate in defending anything Rebecca does wrong.
Who knows what lengths they would go to.
I wonder how channel mum feel about her latest online activity.

Reactions: 11
Oh Rebecca, you twit 🤦‍♀️ I don't think you will ever learn, people here have given some perfectly sound advice on how you can brand yourself. For example, declaring ads, making a proper apology on youtube about that awfully edited vlog (which ironically, clearly wasn't edited properly), following the guidelines, not taking negative feedback so hard, etc but you just keep ignoring it.

Yes some people may have over stepped it here, but you cannot sit there fake crying and saying how awful the trolls are and then follow up by outing kermit. Two wrongs certainly don't make a right and you have now just made yourself look even more unprofessional.

Take a break from IG & YT, spend time with your kids, go and enjoy how fortunate your life is. Take a hard look at everything you have got seriously wrong in the past, maybe a heartfelt apology would be a big start and owning your mistakes rather than trying to throw the blame on others.
You can't sit there acting like a dick being discreet with so many things, but then throw your toys out of the pram when people call you out for the shady tit you have done.

Reactions: 21
And if you don’t agree with ethics or standards from big companies you simply don’t engage?? So you turn s blind eye, bury your head in the sand? And let it continue and build momentum?? That’s so lame
Right...so when H&M caused a massive debate about racism in their advertising, (the children’s t-shirt with the monkey slogan) I should have just thought “Oh well, I will stay quiet and shop at Zara, naughty H&M, but I don’t agree with their ethics/standards and that is enough”
I agree @Dizzymare, so lame!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.