Mrs Meldrum #39 Lee. Before you go on the dole tell us what's in your hole.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wont say too much as may giveaway who I am to others but there is no way that made even half of that in a year. Thats all I am saying.
Why would Lee give up an £80k per year job and they upsize to a much bigger mortgage if they weren’t earning significantly more? All they need is a few biggish ad campaigns and they’d easily earn way more than £80k

Reactions: 5
Been here a few weeks. Just do my research
Research a bit harder then, cos paying 18k in Tax would give a gross annual income of around 75k and net just over 50. nothing like 150k. A nice little earner for doing duck all though although I doubt it would keep you both in the lap of luxury by the time you've paid the mortgage on murder mansion.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
2 weeks. Not defending. Just facts. Instead of assumption. If you have a £500k mortgage, you would need to earn a minimum of £150k.
Really depends on how big a deposit.
On 50k a year we were offered mortgage of 190k max we not self employed but some is commission so monthly earnings never the same.

They had mortgage on last house only 5years.
They only owned 60% share if last house and Aberdeen council owned the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Why would Lee give up an £80k per year job and they upsize to a much bigger mortgage if they weren’t earning significantly more? All they need is a few biggish ad campaigns and they’d easily earn way more than £80k
Was Lee earning 80k though? I thought she said they were earning the same when they were around the 60 mark.

Reactions: 6
Research a bit harder then, cos paying 18k in Tax would give a gross annual income of around 75k and net just over 50. nothing like 150k. A nice little earner for doing duck all though although I doubt it would keep you both in the lap of luxury by the time you've paid the mortgage on murder mansion.
19% corporation tax

Paying 18k in corporation tax gives them a net profit of just shy of 95k. And corporation tax is deducted before dividends, so can't be £150k unless they had substantial unappropriated profit carried forward from the previous year. However they could have taken a salary as well but still doubtful it would come to £150k total.

Regardless, it's a fairly hefty income from doing sweet FA and not paying for anything out of your own pocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I wont say too much as may giveaway who I am to others but there is no way that made even half of that in a year. Thats all I am saying.
Rubbish.Someone commented here that they make around £150k a year and I think that's pretty accurate.Then take in to account all the gifted stuff they are raking it in.Also the mortgage has been brought up yet again.No way would they have been given a mortgage for that house.They were very deceptive about how they pulled that off.

Reactions: 7
19% corporation tax
and? Limited Companies pay Corporation Tax instead of Income Tax so it works out around the same. No way could they have taken 150k dividends. corporation tax is around 19%. Still nowhere near 150k.
The most they would have picked up would have been 80k. that has to cover ALL their expenses. No chance in hell of getting a mortgage on a 600k house when their last house sold for 180 and they only owned 60% of it.

and? Limited Companies pay Corporation Tax instead of Income Tax so it works out around the same. No way could they have taken 150k dividends. corporation tax is around 19%. Still nowhere near 150k.
That was up to February 18. The last financial year could have been way more.

Reactions: 2
I imagine she makes a decent profit from flogging all her freebies on eBay too. Her and lee were forever saying they were off to post parcels at the post office 🙄

Reactions: 12
New member and first post! I’ve been reading along for a while now. I don’t think it really matters what they were or weren’t earning... far too bloody much either way by the looks of it. They need to get back in to the real world and understand the true meaning of working hard for your money! I’ve watched the melds a little while, mostly out of fascination because I can barely believe she calls this her real job and whitters on about everyday stresses and anxiety levels! God help her if she’s put in a position where she has to do a ‘normal’ job like the rest of us

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Was Lee earning 80k though? I thought she said they were earning the same when they were around the 60 mark.
I have 60k in my head as she said 60k in past.

But the mortgage might be 2k a month
That's a lot..
You don't get council tax/water or energy kindly gifted.

For Lee to give up work I think we assumed she earned double what he took home.
But it's such a volatile industry it just be up and down each month.

Reactions: 1
I reckon when we reach thread 40 we should arrange a tattler meet-up ;)
We could go for a mooch in the woods and bring a selection of picnic plates (of course including porkpies, cocktail sausages and chicken twists).
Or should we go for a full-blown belter of a night out? starting at pizza express, must include chinese whispers and heads-down thumbs-up?

any other ideas ? :m
Don’t forget the Richmond Sausages!!!

The most they would have picked up would have been 80k. that has to cover ALL their expenses. No chance in hell of getting a mortgage on a 600k house when their last house sold for 180 and they only owned 60% of it.
I thought it was worth way more than 180k that wouldn't event buy a flat down south.
But the share they owned and new owners brought might be 180k.
They must have spent a bit adding in 4th bed kitchen and garage conversion.

I'm sure many will stay some will go
So Lee, tell us, when is the big comeback? Have you had advice from a reputable PR company? Please don't let your wife go down the mental health track again. She made herself look a right fool the last time. Nobody will buy that again.

I thought it was worth way more than 180k that wouldn't event buy a flat down south.
But the share they owned and new owners brought might be 180k.
They must have spent a bit adding in 4th bed kitchen and garage conversion.
They had to sell it back to the council. Pretty certain people said it went for just over 180k. so their share would have been around 108k and obviously that would not be equity as there would have been a mortgage to pay off.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So Lee, tell us, when is the big comeback? Have you had advice from a reputable PR company? Please don't let your wife go down the mental health track again. She made herself look a right fool the last time. Nobody will buy that again.
Lol. I'm not a bloke for a start

They had to sell it back to the council. Pretty certain people said it went for just over 180k. so their share would have been around 108k and obviously that would not be equity as there would have been a mortgage to pay off.
Check out our property.co.uk it sold for £171,100🏡

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.