Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think any of us who have worked in larger workplaces recognise that younger Rebecca who was posting on Mumsnet. She was young, opinionated, but OTT and overly confident. Now usually, entering a workplace with a mix of ages and backgrounds, that helps to knock the edges off a young pup like Rebecca and as a result they learn to modify their behaviour to fit in well socially and they learn more about other people by working alongside them.

I don’t think Rebecca ever had the edges knocked off her. She learnt to keep certain things to herself online, but because she never received those workplace “growls” or “snaps” from older women or men, she somehow maintained that feeling of superiority and invincibility that is so common is some young people. Instead she’s been surrounded by sycophants. It’s not good for someone at that age!

This event is the mother of all workplace “growls”, but I think it will teach her a great deal.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I think any of us who have worked in larger workplaces recognise that younger Rebecca who was posting on Mumsnet. She was young, opinionated, but OTT and overly confident. Now usually, entering a workplace with a mix of ages and backgrounds, that helps to knock the edges off a young pup like Rebecca and as a result they learn to modify their behaviour to fit in well socially and they learn more about other people by working alongside them.

I don’t think Rebecca ever had the edges knocked off her. She learnt to keep certain things to herself online, but because she never received those workplace “growls” or “snaps” from older women or men, she somehow maintained that feeling of superiority and invincibility that is so common is some young people. Instead she’s been surrounded by sycophants. It’s not good for someone at that age!

This event is the mother of all workplace “growls”, but I think it will teach her a great deal.
Totally agree had many jobs since I was 15
Worked with all ages and backgrounds.

Been junior staff
Supervisor
Management

Experienced sexism. Bitchyness.
Each job or change location had prove myself all over again.
Even job interviews can be enlightening.

Reactions: 16
Totally agree had many jobs since I was 15
Worked with all ages and backgrounds.

Been junior staff
Supervisor
Management

Experienced sexism. Bitchyness.
Each job or change location had prove myself all over again.
Even job interviews can be enlightening.
Yes you learn so much and change so much through these situations!

Reactions: 12
Pretty sure she won’t do a vlog apologising in person but If she did it’ll be all tears, sobbing, playing the victim & “poor me”. The sheep of course will fall for it hook line & sinker because they are clearly of low intelligence. They were stupid before but this latest cock-up shows just how ignorant & brainwashed they are. 😡

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Did anyone watch messiah's live today? Was there anything noteworthy?
I watched some of it. He spoke about why he spoke out. He was offended by the ignorance of the comment, the lack of apology and then the follow Friday fiasco to Sunday's non apology.
He claimed not to read online forums. He doesn't want to gain a following he wants voices to be heard. He said he had been sent screenshots from a forum saying he wanted views and then repeated what he said yesterday. He is a music producer and father not a youtuber jumping on any bandwagon to get his name out there. He just wants people to see racism isn't tolerated at any level.

Reactions: 30

Excellently put.

Reactions: 15
Yes you learn so much and change so much through these situations!
You learn to adapt and manage trickier people much easier

Most places I worked theres someone who's always negative.
Older ladies can be bitchy and judgemental.
I got judged putting child 1 In nursery and going back to work.
I must admit I find men sometimes easier to work with.

Reactions: 17
Has channel mum commented yet ? They sponsor her , do they not have anything to say about it , or any of her gifted lot

Reactions: 4
Random question was her younger sister in the lift at same time.

Think 8-9 year age gap.
Not sure if sister went to uni.

But shes backpacker round the world
Worked in a ski resort
Lived in London
Now lives in Scottish capital and works on travel agents

Reb make cheeky remark on t insta about getting a job.

I assume they had similar spoilt upbringing.

But Yes can would be able to see where rebs going wrong and advise her better.

Reactions: 3
First post but long time lurker. Has anyone heard back from the brands? Both Joules and SmartenergyGB have replied to me stating they will no longer be working with her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
She will definitely be back with her tail between her legs. She’s got too much riding on this with their only income etc and the lifestyle it provides. And if anything this has drawn more attention to her (they say there’s no such thing as bad publicity don’t they?) if anything her followers will probably increase.
However how she will feel coming back after this is another matter. Even with skin as thick as hers this has got to hurt. And I imagine other vloggers will really want to keep their distance. I certainly wouldn’t want to be her right now

Reactions: 14
First post but long time lurker. Has anyone heard back from the brands? Both Joules and SmartenergyGB have replied to me stating they will no longer be working with her.
Interesting.

I wonder if Neilsen, TUI, Tesco, Disney, Next, Oak Furniture Land etc will all follow suit?

Interesting.

I wonder if Neilsen, TUI, Tesco, Disney, Next, Oak Furniture Land etc will all follow suit?
Well apart from neilson think they all done with her.

No more tui holidays
She milked next for loads freebies
She never worked with disney
She worked with Tesco who worker with a pr company that funded Disney.

I doubt the next Neilson holiday be affected she has long term relationship with them.

Reactions: 6
This is just the start.She is becoming a pariah. The way she has mishandled this is staggering.

I should think not, given that the joke was published in an ad video for smart energy.

Has anyone see Candice's stories today? My heart is breaking for her. This is why we need to keep calling out casual racism.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Not exactly Meldrum related but Candice has put out a really important insta story as her five year old daughter was told by another child she would not play with her because she is black. I'm not black, I live in a mainly white, middle class area - not unlike Mrs Meldrum but it is vital, vital we teach our children about racism and how a silly joke in a lift which I am sure wasn't meant with hate has consequences and ramifications.Let's all ensure we educate our children so no little girl gets left out and segregated because of the colour of her skin.

One very good thing to come from this is finding this woman (dreamy definitely isn't the word for her BTW) she is kick arse brilliant.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Lee is a complete creep! There are 2 local Instagrammers local an ashleyraeceo and a drop of sherrys daughter miss Galbraith. They are 2 beautiful young girls who are models local to the meldrums and Lee used to always like there pictures of them wearing next to nothing. From there 2017 pics onwards he is still on as liking pics but haven't seen him liking them for a while. Mrs meld obviously put a stop to that! They are both a lot lot younger than I'm as well 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I can’t keep up with this thread
No company will associate with her now she’s messed up big time
An apology should have been addressed today she just doesn’t care

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.