Mrs Meldrum #37 Pat and Edgy visit the job centre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree. What is your take on the Meldrums constantly deleting every single comment that differs with their opinion? Not just about this issue, but literally about every single thing they put on youtube and insta. They do not allow one single comment that does not agree with them. Censorship at it's very best in the Meldrum world.
To be honest their instagram was the first time I'd seen 'comments limited', put me off them straight away when I found out what it was!

Reactions: 6
No in the moment I do call them out, and if I worked with them would do the same.

And to be honest people do lose their jobs over these things? Especially if you are in the public eye like Rebecca. She chose to not call it out, and selected it for that vlog. She thinks it is acceptable, so much so that she refused to take it down immediately.

I judge people on their actions. People make mistakes, it's those that don't take responsibility for them that are the problem.

Things are off limits, and comedians do get pulled up on inappropriateness of 'jokes' do they not?

I don't know why you need to have freedom of speech to say you are dressed like white supremicists? Like why do you need the freedom to even say that? 🙄

If there should be nothing off limits as you have said, what then? There is a reason hate speech is a crime. It's ridiculous to suggest that because they view it as a joke, then it's just a joke?! You can say that about literally any horrible thing.

People do have an axe to grind here for sure, but don't minimise this incident.
Sorry Belleeyes I don't agree that comedians should be pulled up on it, there's no malice or intent, it's not a 'dog whistle' to racists, rapists etc. People should have the right to voice their opinions and it's also peoples right to disagree with or challenge them. Hate speech laws are one of the most appalling things to happen to this country, they've been completely abused.

Reactions: 1
You know what's really annoying for me, someone who used to love watching her. If you look at all the videos that receive negative comments, just had a look at the food bank one for example... She just ignores all valid criticisms. No "I understand how it could appear a bit selfish' or trying to justify what she did. Instead just 'loves' all the comments sticking up for her. Why can't she take criticism or have the backbone to realise how she comes across.... How she often actives quite insentively .... Even if it's not intentional. Nothing is up for discussion, even if it's a valid point. How can you be a positive role model and strive for change if you are not willing to accept criticism or critically think about the way you have behaved? This is why she continues to make these huge errors. She is not stopping to think... Oh maybe what I did WAS insensitive .....
Another thing that REALLY annoyed me a while back which made me unfollow Lee was a photo of poppy with lipstick on. He had put it as 'gifted' /add for the brand and it was like in the comments he and rebecca were making a point about how 'stupid' the regulations were that they had to tag every single gift. It's like they were trying to make a point about how they think the regulations have gone too far. Well.sorry guys the regulations are there for a reason. Your consumerism puts pressure on other people to buy what you have....people need to UNDERSTAND that not everyone can normally afford to buy a Bobby brown lipstick!!! If they came out their arrogant bubble,they would appreciate more the consumerism pressure their jobs deliver to many watchers. Why couldn't they just stick with the rules and not moan about it. Liking every comment supporting them with people agreeing the rules are too extreme? So they only agree and sympathise with the people who agree with them? I read Lee's post and I unfollowed as I saw they were just doing it to make a point. RANT OVER! I am no troll, a positive person if the meldrums are reading this. just someone who is seriously annoyed with their stupidity and disregard for people's opinions and feelings
Because she's emotionally immature narcissist that thinks she's always right.

What a cold hearted witch
yup. she would manipulate her own child by saying 'oh, you don't want to be video'd' 'oh, safiyah is such a brat right now, screaming upstairs whilst she's downstairs yapping on the camera. what is wrong with these people?

Reactions: 9
Have you read the comments on here, how far people have gone 🤣 Lots of my family are people of colour so I will fight against racism always! Lots of people on here aren’t fighting for racism, they are using it as a way to really bring the Meldrums down and that’s a massive insult!

The way most people on here have really gone in, the amount of time searching for anything else to go in on them for is very obsessive! It’s actually sickening! It must be really taking people’s times up to be that obsessive! It’s a little creepy!
oh hi lee and reb :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

telling it how it is is not obsessive or jealousy. it's just saying our perspectives and that's a lot of it.

not everything and everyone is jealous of them! get over yourselves

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes I know all that, but there’s lots of people on here using the racism scandal to really gun her down when in fact they couldn’t give a tit, they are just happy it was her it happened to. Don’t pretend your making a stand for racism just because you’ve become obsessed with the Meldrums. It is obsessive some of the stuff on here.

If you’re saying I’m obsessed with bringing her down you are 100% correct, hands up. That’s my full intention now or later....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Yes I know all that, but there’s lots of people on here using the racism scandal to really gun her down when in fact they couldn’t give a tit, they are just happy it was her it happened to. Don’t pretend your making a stand for racism just because you’ve become obsessed with the Meldrums. It is obsessive some of the stuff on here.
I think the majority of people here would have the same response regardless of who the culprit was. No one is happy it’s her. It’s a gossip site, don’t really get what people are expected when they come onto this sites.

Reactions: 10
Sorry Belleeyes I don't agree that comedians should be pulled up on it, there's no malice or intent, it's not a 'dog whistle' to racists, rapists etc. People should have the right to voice their opinions and it's also peoples right to disagree with or challenge them. Hate speech laws are one of the most appalling things to happen to this country, they've been completely abused.
Ok, well we will have to agree to seriously disagree. I have heard of them being misused, but I think saying they are the 'most appalling things to happen to the country' is just wrong.

And to anyone who reads this comment without context, let me be clear, I didn't say that the comment necessarily came under hate speech, this is part of a wider discussion where @janoycresva believes that you should be able to say whatever you like. And whilst I wholeheartedly disagree, you have a right to think/say that.

Reactions: 7
Motherof3 said:
And you're obsessed with her and her lies and bs. you should take a look at YOUR own obsession. lol

Reactions: 1
This is unreal - I’ve had my apology from sayifah .... all about me as usual - poor child was so upset and she thought it was better to talk on s camera and give our About her rather then comfort her - also it comes back to the poor child’s privacy has been breached - insane that this can happen
Aww i know and if you listen you can hear the child full on crying in the background. Its heartbreaking because its not just whinging or moaning and goes on a good while while she's talking to the camera in the kitchen making a cup of tea by the looks of it 😤

• Sad
  • Wow
it's so IRONIC that edgy cries be kind and be nice, but meanwhile, she's not even kind nor nice to herself, to others and to her kids and husband/family!

so what gives?

Ok, well we will have to agree to seriously disagree. I have heard of them being misused, but I think saying they are the 'most appalling things to happen to the country' is just wrong.

And to anyone who reads this comment without context, let me be clear, I didn't say that the comment necessarily came under hate speech, this is part of a wider discussion where @janoycresva believes that you should be able to say whatever you like. And whilst I wholeheartedly disagree, you have a right to think/say that.
I don’t mind that, you’ll never agree on everything in life (y)

You don’t need to go far back in history though to find where restricting people’s freedom of speech has been problematic. There’s more far reaching issues around it than people being called names.

Reactions: 2
does anyone remember her sharing excitedly about how she bullied this kid when they were younger and made his life miserable? karma doesn't miss anyone!

Bye Tattle 👋🏼
problem is, she's not ignoring the chatter about her. she's probably in here right now looking and caring. she could be you! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does your 'calling them out' include approaching their employers/clients trying to make them lose work/their livelihood?

Jokes are just that, nothing is or should be off limits. If we go down that road you lose freedom of speech, that's not a good place to be.

I prefer to judge people on the full content of their character.
Losing their work and livelihood is down to the meldrums and the meldrums only. Not a gossip forum. It all comes down to their mistakes. I personally have never contacted a brand they have worked with and complained but this recent cock up of theirs has left a bad taste in my mouth does that mean I’m gunning for them because I don’t support casual racism? A joke was made between friends in a lift, it was up to Rebecca and Lee as directors of Mrs Meldrum Ltd to protect that footage as their property and NOT upload it to the World Wide Web. I think it’s laughable that you are talking about freedom of speech when it’s exactly the opposite that’s got them into this mess in the first place. Their social media platforms are the worst for censorship! They either left it intentionally in the vlog thinking that it was funny/bit controversial or their work is just downright sloppy. Quite frankly I think it’s both! They are uneducated, ignorant and severely lacking in morals and decency. That is the full content of their character that you speak of, true colours are well known as a whole I still think they’re a pair of :m:m

Reactions: 19
Losing their work and livelihood is down to the meldrums and the meldrums only. Not a gossip forum. It all comes down to their mistakes. I personally have never contacted a brand they have worked with and complained but this recent cock up of theirs has left a bad taste in my mouth does that mean I’m gunning for them because I don’t support casual racism? A joke was made between friends in a lift, it was up to Rebecca and Lee as directors of Mrs Meldrum Ltd to protect that footage as their property and NOT upload it to the World Wide Web. I think it’s laughable that you are talking about freedom of speech when it’s exactly the opposite that’s got them into this mess in the first place. Their social media platforms are the worst for censorship! They either left it intentionally in the vlog thinking that it was funny/bit controversial or their work is just downright sloppy. Quite frankly I think it’s both! They are uneducated, ignorant and severely lacking in morals and decency. That is the full content of their character that you speak of, true colours are well known as a whole I still think they’re a pair of :m:m
Exactly! zero self responsibility and pure narcissistic behavior as always! lol

never learns. always everyone else's fault 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.