Mrs Meldrum #33 Basic but clean, they're not selling this. If I were Neilson, I'd be pretty piste.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why they never fly from Heathrow at more sociable times it's always a trek down to Edinburgh for them. I would hate to have a 2.5hr drive after being up so early and being on a coach etc. I would much rather just do 2 flights.
Have you seen the prices for flights to Heathrow lately. Easy jet don’t fly to Heathrow and don’t fly to Gatwick anymore and British airways are so expensive. We’re driving to Manchester as not prepared to pay another £600 ( if booked earlier) on top of our holiday for these flights and then at London you’ve the transfer from one airport to another from Heathrow or Luton with easy jet to Gatwick costs on top. That’s one area I will stand up for the meldrums with as we’re all in same boat in NE Scotland with flights. Every holiday we’ve to travel, but we don’t mind it. We’re quite often down in Edinburgh for a day and home again fhat night. It’s no hassle driving. The lack of flights to London or anywhere for us now is ridiculous. Our local MP’s are fighting for more accessible routes to be brought back as so many fly from NE on business to London. Also despite having no flights, holiday costs flying further south are less expensive. We pay a higher premiem further north to fly anywhere

I’ve just gone onto British airways. If flying to London today and returning tonight. For our family we are £1772 😮

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The family vlogging is so short term.
Neither of them seem to be thinking that far ahead.
Lee could retrain.
I would be anxious if i was them
The new swimming pool opening in Banchory in the summer is advertising for staff, that would be a good fit for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The family vlogging is so short term.
Neither of them seem to be thinking that far ahead.
Lee could retrain.
I would be anxious if i was them
I wonder what happened with the training he was doing to teach golf. We didn't hear anything else about that, unless I dozed off during a riveting vlog of theirs 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't understand why they never fly from Heathrow at more sociable times it's always a trek down to Edinburgh for them. I would hate to have a 2.5hr drive after being up so early and being on a coach etc. I would much rather just do 2 flights.
But that would involve travel to a smaller airport, flight to Heathrow, wait times to connect which would all be longer than the 2.5hr drive surely?

Reactions: 2
But that would involve travel to a smaller airport, flight to Heathrow, wait times to connect which would all be longer than the 2.5hr drive surely?
Yip. By time you park your car and check in and then get your bags and transfer to another airport it’s so much longer than 2.5 hour drive. We drive to Edinburgh and back on same day if we have to be down there for business and it’s no hassle. The drive is quite easy and stress free as your just over the bridge and at the airport more or less

Reactions: 6
We will never know re house.
It does seem strange.
Can a company get a mortgage to own a house?
Ie Meldrums ltd.
Or do we think daddy cannon is on the deeds.
I dident realise daddy cannon still had a company.
As reb was one of his company directors at 1 point.
I know big advantage company is keeping debts separate so if company went bad they wouldent lose their house.
It is easy to check who owns a property - if you know the address (which I don’t for the Selldrums) you go on Scotland’s equivalent of Land Registry and it will be listed there. There might be a small fee payable to do so, in England it is only £2-3’ish but worth it to find out for sure!

Reactions: 1
Have you seen the prices for flights to Heathrow lately. Easy jet don’t fly to Heathrow or Gatwick anymore and British airways are so expensive. We’re driving to Manchester as not prepared to pay another £600 on top of our holiday for these flights and then at London you’ve the transfer from one airport to another from Heathrow or Luton with easy jet to Gatwick costs on top. That’s one area I will stand up for the meldrums with as we’re all in same boat in NE Scotland with flights. Every holiday we’ve to travel, but we don’t mind it. We’re quite often down in Edinburgh for a day and home again fhat night. It’s no hassle driving.
I normally book my flights with ba or klm so I'm not sure how that compares to other flights and don't have the hassle of getting to another airport with bags etc. Although we used tui in the summer as they were flying aberdeen to Palma and got a shock at how much they charge and the flight times were terrible. Aberdeen is just the worst place to live to travel anywhere.

I suppose everyone is different. I don't mind being in airports and would rather have 2 flights than drive down and stay in a hotel the night before a flight then drive home after being up at the crack of dawn.

I wonder what happened with the training he was doing to teach golf. We didn't hear anything else about that, unless I dozed off during a riveting vlog of theirs 😴

I fear his behaviour on social media .
Not respecting privacy of others or keeping things confidential might damage his employment prospects .

Reactions: 9
I normally book my flights with ba or klm so I'm not sure how that compares to other flights and don't have the hassle of getting to another airport with bags etc. Although we used tui in the summer as they were flying aberdeen to Palma and got a shock at how much they charge and the flight times were terrible. Aberdeen is just the worst place to live to travel anywhere.
It sure has got worse lately too.
I suppose everyone is different. I don't mind being in airports and would rather have 2 flights than drive down and stay in a hotel the night before a flight then drive home after being up at the crack of dawn.
we don’t mind being in airports either. Never away from them!! Apart from the cost, the weight for luggage internally to fly before flying with Emirates is rubbish, so we would be charged a fortune for over weight luggage too. Add overweight luggage x 4 people and also on return is a fortune on top.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just gone onto British airways. If flying to London today and returning tonight. For our family we are £1772 😮
Ouch 😳 I booked flights in January to New York for my sister's 40th in November and it only cost £450 pp. Sorry for derailing the thread with aberdeen travel chat I guess everyone is different when it comes to travel.

Ouch 😳 I booked flights in January to New York for my sister's 40th in November and it only cost £450 pp. Sorry for derailing the thread with aberdeen travel chat I guess everyone is different when it comes to travel.
Its giving others on here not knowing the set up for the meldrums that they can’t just fly from a local airport, when others ask why don’t they fly locally. I know we flew to London before easy jet stopped and was £120 return for the family. Crazy times and prices now 🤣 I couldn’t believe BA prices for today.

Its giving others on here not knowing the set up for the meldrums that they can’t just fly from a local airport, when others ask why don’t they fly locally. I know we flew to London before easy jet stopped and was £120 return for the family. Crazy times and prices now 🤣 I couldn’t believe BA prices for today.
Although if they are raking in 22k a month I'm surprised they don't take a private jet 🤣

• Haha
He’s still got £45 from the £75 Next voucher he won on her competition. She’ll be getting something with that and her birthday cake will be a couple of stale cherry bakewells with some candles in from the Mr Kipling competition her Mum won.
Don’t forget his coin collection!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Interesting ...., 🙄
Nana and Mimi must be ready to go into overdrive once the plane takes off and Reb and Pat can’t delete comments for a couple of hours!!!!

Although if they are raking in 22k a month I'm surprised they don't take a private jet 🤣
This is what makes me think that surely they can’t be earning the sort of money some people suggest. Even they aren’t too tight to make their life a bit easier in certain situations if so???

• Haha
Interesting ...., 🙄
If they blocked how does she see messages?

She claimed someone else filters her messages.

She constantly deletes its obvuous

As says theres x comments
Then theres less
They all postive and in agreement with her.

Maybe some sheep are getting suspicious
Relentless contradictions.
Most would comment on the post
Not choose to dm.
If i had something to say i would do it politely and publicly.
But it be deleted and i be blocked
So waste of time.

Reactions: 4
This is what makes me think that surely they can’t be earning the sort of money some people suggest. Even they aren’t too tight to make their life a bit easier in certain situations if so???
After reading the post that said pat was unhappy at how much her hair cost & wanted a refund he must be the one that controls the really tight purse strings and won't pay extra for anything.......it seems every penny counts with them!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.