Mrs Meldrum #32 We Love The Alps Don't We LEE. Love Boden, Joules & Ski As Its Free For Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don't understand is why these companies send people who don't ski really as a family and more importantly, their followers don't ski either.

I'll never forget the flurry of gifted mark Warner holidays and the amount go bloggers who went on them and got there and didn't like skiing so basically, didn't. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 4
Agree and it's not something I would do. However, there are lots of comments about how he should get a job and she should go back to being a mum and look after the girls full time. This is what I don't agree with, I think the sahp should be whoever is best suited to that role be it the mum or the dad and what makes most sense financially as well as emotionally for all involved. I don't think it makes him less of a man that he is the sahp. I think it just makes her an absolute bell end for using all her time for her and not for the girls.
I don’t agree there have been lots of comments she should be a full time Mum again. There have been lots of comments that Lee should go back to work to provide them with some financial stability as let’s be honest this YouTube jam could dry up tomorrow for all they know. Same with plenty of comments that if he was out working there may be some routine and structure to the girls lives and it wouldn’t always seem so chaotic. I agree, it’s irrelevant who fulfils the SAH role, if Mum is the higher earner there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, in this instance it’s extremely unlikely that Reb would be able to go out and bring home an honest crust as she’s never “worked” a day in her life, he has so it’s more realistic that he be the one to go out to work. Perhaps also if she was the one at home full time with the girls while still going with her channel she might be a little more relatable. Instead they have this extremely strange dynamic where he’s at home 24/7 she’s claiming to allow her to work but from everything you see it’s so she can go to the gym, go for coffee dates, walks with her mum, walks with her friends, get her nails done, mooch and potter oh and perhaps occasionally film and edit some guff to upload to YouTube.

Reactions: 19
Visions of them landing and Lee clapping frantically like a seal now 😂😂 “would you look at that ma we worldie babe we’ve landed for an ooooocchhha beastie glorious week away” Reb: “I know I’m absolutely bloody loving it already....it’s so so so absolutely amazing, can’t wait to go for a cheeky mooch and potter about the chalet”

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This reminded me of Edgy and her new hair band obsession.......she definitely doesn't look fly as duck that's for sure😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I wonder what Neilson expect out of her for their money. She may have to produce some actual quality footage and make sure all her facts are right.

Twil be a struggle.
Think I said in an earlier post that my friend had raised an issue with Neilson. Below is the response she received, so we are now all aware of what Reb should complete, but won’t because she is far toooo lazy.

“Influencers are another way of service providers like Neilson advertising to a larger market place
Neilson are not the only holiday tour operator to utilise and I confirm the Meldrum family are compliant with ASA standards
Very much like the national press reviewing our holiday programme; influencers travel on the understanding they will review all aspects of service on offer. They are not paid to travel with us or gain refund of expenses incurred. They simply travel free of charge on one our holiday packages.
The dividing line for followers is when a post or review is made by an influencer they are somehow seen to be living the life of luxury or going beyond their remit; when indeed they are a business entity entitled to view personal opinions”

I always use my friend to raise the compliant as she is in customer service role and it also removes me from any link. Still can’t believe how many companies believe her 💩 . Their eyes might be opened when she fails based on her current quality of posts.

Reactions: 5
So presumably they need to #ad or similar on every post or story which has anything provided by Neilson in? So flights paid for by Melds, snow provided free by nature. Nothing else shared yet. Maybe that's how they will do it. Share zero element of the Neilson provision?

Reactions: 6
So presumably they need to #ad or similar on every post or story which has anything provided by Neilson in? So flights paid for by Melds, snow provided free by nature. Nothing else shared yet. Maybe that's how they will do it. Share zero element of the Neilson provision?
Based on the response received from Neilson......

They simply travel free of charge on one our holiday packages

This would indicate to me that they did not pay at all for the holiday....travel and accommodation.Other expenses will have to be met by the Seldrums, but again I am assuming this is an inclusive holiday. They are so tight, they will not spend outwith. The expectation from Neilson is that they will expect a review which again in my mind will need a level of professionalism. Will be interesting to see what they deliver😂

Reactions: 7
If you are providing a review in exchange for a free holiday, the holiday is the fee for your review so it’s an ad. That response from Neilson is a pile of :poop:

Reactions: 14

This would indicate to me that they did not pay at all for the holiday....travel and accommodation.Other expenses will have to be met by the Seldrums, but again I am assuming this is an inclusive holiday. They are so tight, they will not spend outwith. The expectation from Neilson is that they will expect a review which again in my mind will need a level of professionalism. Will be interesting to see what they deliver😂
Well neilson gifted them in the past
So i assume they happy with them.

• Sick
See, this is where I just don't get it. My friend has a little mummy Instagram and is a rep/ambassador for a children's snack brand. She posts regularly/stories, marks as ad etc. She got an email the other day asking where her content was and had to send in screenshots of the post plus the interactions. If she has to do that (with something like 5k followers), sure the bar is WAY higher for the sell drums going on £5k+ holidays??

All they will deliver is how not to go on holiday with kiddies who have never been on this kind of holiday before and how to go on a budget ski holiday with Aldi clothing and pay for bugger all of it 🤣

See, this is where I just don't get it. My friend has a little mummy Instagram and is a rep/ambassador for a children's snack brand. She posts regularly/stories, marks as ad etc. She got an email the other day asking where her content was and had to send in screenshots of the post plus the interactions. If she has to do that (with something like 5k followers), sure the bar is WAY higher for the sell drums going on £5k+ holidays??
You’d think it would be. Possibly neilsons are looking for the lower end of the ski market rather than the posh lot who want to ski and that’s why they pick Reb. I know a neilson holiday wouldn’t be a company I’d want to travel with. Staying in a complex all week would drive me crazy with boredom. I need to be out exploring, seeing the local culture. If I wanted to stay in a complex all week I’d book a hi di hi style holiday to butlins 🤣

Reactions: 8
A bit random but imagine bad boy belter Lee saying random words in French to the staff all week 😂. Bonjour, Madame, merci, croissant, bon appetite. All with totally put on accent followed by english with french twang for all other words he knows not the French for 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Do you not think her posts have deteriorated since her last freebie holiday with Neilson?
Well the last holiday was june i think the group holiday to greece.
The one tbe ASA confirmed was gifted.
They have a free tui holiday to gran canaria in September which i think came across as better than neilson.
Its all gone downhill since they moved
The disneyland lie in October
The horrible house
The relentless ads been non stop since octi.
December was awful she dident even do vlogmas.
No spend jan failed 1st week.
Shss not keeping to many of resolutions.
Very little organic content.
That awful filter
Insta makes the vlogs waste time as seen it all before.
She failed to advertise granola or plenty well.
Now it's all all gym.

Reactions: 16
Well the last holiday was june i think the group holiday to greece.
The one tbe ASA confirmed was gifted.
They have a free tui holiday to gran canaria in September which i think came across as better than neilson.
Its all gone downhill since they moved
The disneyland lie in October
The horrible house
The relentless ads been non stop since octi.
December was awful she dident even do vlogmas.
No spend jan failed 1st week.
Shss not keeping to many of resolutions.
Very little organic content.
That awful filter
Insta makes the vlogs waste time as seen it all before.
She failed to advertise granola or plenty well.
Now it's all all gym.
...and let’s be perfectly honest, she has also failed to declare the PT sessions as gifted. No way have either of them paid for these and she has clearly avoided answering direct questions re this issue on her Instagram.

A bit random but imagine bad boy belter Lee saying random words in French to the staff all week 😂. Bonjour, Madame, merci, croissant, bon appetite. All with totally put on accent followed by english with french twang for all other words he knows not the French for 😫
PMSL......Del Boy is coming to mind😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m watching a girl called Demi Donnelly who is revealing how much she makes from youtube. She’s said it varies depending on your audience and such but from Ad Sense alone she makes £1500-£5000 a month, £600-£2000 per ad and £300-600 per Instagram post and she doesn’t have that many more followers than Reb so if she’s earning that doing reviews of the worst places in Newcastle how much bleeping money are Mum floggers like Reb making every month with all the adverts they do? And that’s before all the freebies they get!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.