Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was just a shame someone mentioned the murder house on F&F's comments..it was irrelevant to the comments about her not disclosing her ad, and probably why comments were deleted. As much as it's a very bizarre purchase the house they choose isn't actually any of our business , however the ASA stuff is , if people want brands to take note they need to not murky the waters with stuff about leaving Poppy behind or the house as then that does give her fuel to make out like it's haters rather than people annoyed at the shady way she is conducting her business.

Reactions: 4
I’ve reported this latest episode to the ASA, and also asked them to include an influencer section when reporting to make it easier. I’ll be reporting everything I see from them from now on. Oh I’m sure she’ll be crying bullying but if ITV Adidas the same thing it wouldn’t be. You’ve tried to make yourself a brand, a business. And as a brand/business you are subject to the same laws as any other company. If you don’t like it, don’t be a business. Simple.

It makes me wonder what they’re declaring to HMRC too. I sincerely doubt they’ve disclosed all their gifts. Does anyone know how to complain to them?

Reactions: 3
You can report fraud on HMRC - it's a long form but can get their details for Mrs meldrum on companies house.

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/shortforms/form/TEH_IRF

Tesco would have deleted the comments even if the murder house wasn't mentioned. It's just standard practice during s backlash they wouldn't have left up all the comments calling out the meldrums.

Reactions: 2
I don’t begrudge anyone a holiday but when these “influencers “ get SO MUCH it makes my blood boil. Thete are thousands of families who can barely afford to live, never mind a holiday. Then these parasites, and I include Katie, Emily etc, get so many luxury items thrown at them. It makes me sick. Normal families are struggling every day & it must stick in their craw to watch smug, workshy people get so much.

Reactions: 8
I don’t begrudge anyone a holiday but when these “influencers “ get SO MUCH it makes my blood boil. Thete are thousands of families who can barely afford to live, never mind a holiday. Then these parasites, and I include Katie, Emily etc, get so many luxury items thrown at them. It makes me sick. Normal families are struggling every day & it must stick in their craw to watch smug, workshy people get so much.
That’s why I don’t understand as a nation we watch them all when they can be damaging to health by feelings of inadequacy

Reactions: 6
I think you are right. I was interested to see what would happen to Kat Farmer's stats when she went on our holiday to the Maldives in half term. Her followers consistently increase but for several days while she was away they dropped, which is unheard of. People obviously don't like to see already loaded people shoving their gifted luxury holidays in their face over a dreary half term, especially when they have already been on multiple cruises, trips to Paris, other luxury getaways etc etc. I don't see what the brands get out of this.

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 09.04.19.png

Just posting to clarify, as I followed most of the mumsnet threads. The threads were not deleted because of the Meldrums. I think that’s possibly given them too much kudos to insinuate that. They were barely mentioned (they’re small fry really compared to other influencers) and anything about them was (mostly) on topic re their ongoing poor ad disclosure and rule breaking - which is totally fine to discuss on mumsnet. Mumsnet just don’t like when it all gets a bit bullyish/nasty on one person (usually cash carraway or MOD/FOD) but threads are only actually deleted when warnings to keep it on topic are ignored. Cash carraway is a blogger who has (reported) mental health issues and threatened suicide because of online bullying, that’s why the two most recent threads (not counting those meldrum ones from past few days) disappeared. I know others were deleted because of continued bashing of the ODs.

You like this thread? I am well aware of you from the mumsnet thread. Defending MOFOD to the hilt and jumping on any criticism of MOFOD in an attempt to vanquish discussion of them. Yet here you are, a Tattle member, revelling in the trashing of another IG family. What a bleeping hypocrite.
I said I liked the thread title. I don’t like when things get personal, no. But I am capable of reading and ignoring those comments.

And I wasn’t a defender of the ODs. I disagree with a lot of what they do. I just tried to keep the threads on track so valuable discussion re ad disclosure and ethics wasn’t lost again when the threads were deleted because people got nasty.

And I wasn’t a defender of the ODs. I disagree with a lot of what they do. I just tried to keep the threads on track so valuable discussion re ad disclosure and ethics wasn’t lost again when the threads were deleted because people got nasty.
I was really enjoying these threads, well the last two pages.... They stayed right on track, Tattle has moderators so doesnt need a self appointed moderator.
Welcome to the jungle Mr Bull ?

Lets not discuss mod as thats why mumsnet insta threads got deleted about insta ethic.

This thread is about the humdrumd and their constant deceptions and their crazy lovely life.

Reactions: 5
Lee still allowed his phone to tweet Anna saccone a happy birthday ?

Reactions: 1
Lee still allowed his phone to tweet Anna saccone a happy birthday ?
Has reb wished her happy birthday too ?
Does she worry someone else might want a bit of her pat sharpe.

Maybe he prefers blonde to her flat 80s brown.

Reactions: 1
Who’s doing the moderating? Not me. Maybe you need to look more closely at your own comments to see who’s attempting that.

And no, I completely recall what was posted on those threads and I didn’t defend them. So it’s not bullshit. Different forum, different rules. For threads to stand on mumsnet things need to be kept on topic and it’s massively frustrating to lose pages of discussion because a few posters like to use it as an excuse to personally attack people. I appreciate the openness and slacker rules that this forum provides however, even if I choose not to engage in the nastiness. As you were.
MrBull I think like you I am more interested in the general ethics and disclosure side and while I am enjoying the gossip side of things too I don't want to side track this Meldrum thread as it doesn't seem fair on the posters who have been here for a while - maybe we should have a separate thread for that. Mumsnet clamped down so much that it became hard to name names or discuss ASA reporting but all of that stuff is important if the shadiness is to be addressed. I am very much enjoying the Tattle format (quoting is a revelation!) and more sensible rules.

Thanks for all the reports, we're more relaxed here but attacking posters or derailing threads into an argument is not allowed. Some posts have been deleted.

We have a general discussion forum here or can create new ones for conversations rather than derailing threads - just post in the help / forum updates to share ideas.

You can just ignore a user by clicking on their profile so you don't see their posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
If any one has media connections these people need to be exposed for the con artist they are just like zoella was. Except these people use there kids to make a quick buck. They disguise them selfs as your best mate. Having problems with breast feeding here use this machine. Kid not sleeping here use this essential oil. ( I’m not just talking about the meldrums here).! Vulnerable mothers tune in to these people to get advice to get a bit of knowledge of all things baby and family related to be bombarded with ad after ad which is fine as like I’ve said before there just glorified QVC presenters. My gripe is the lack of honesty behind it all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.