Mrs Meldrum 3 - The One Who "disney" Declare Her Ads (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi! New here from Mumsnet...thanks for flagging this thread on the Meldrum House one. I just posted this on there which will prob get deleted soon:
I'm sorry but their current trip to Disney is clearly paid for by Tesco clothing. They are featured on the F&F clothing Instagram pic yet MrsM posts a story saying it isn't an AD. The new ASA guidelines are very clear "If celebrities or influencers are posting about a product on social media, they must make it clear if they've been paid to promote it, or have been gifted, loaned a product or thanked in some other way by a brand. No one should be left thinking that a Tweet or Instagram post is just the person's opinion when it's not."
So she is clearly flouting the rules by denying it is an AD when the fact they are there, have VIP access and clothing gifts shows it is. It doesn't matter if they were paid, the fact it is paid for makes it an AD!!! Argh!!
Where did you post on mumsnet as checked chat and aibu. Maybe they were quick to delete.

Reactions: 2
But they only said it wasent an ad on insta stories and that will disappear.
They will also randomly delete any negative comments or questions on either if their insta.

With tesco deleted and mumsnet tattle is the only evidence.
Yes, that’s true. But then those that are reporting to the ASA have screenshots of their stories. But yes I agree, that doesn’t help with her poor followers. They really don’t think much of them at all

Reactions: 1
Do ASA guidelines say anything about instastories, which as we know, disappear after a short while

I bet their argument will be.... they are all haters, we tagged EVERYTHING correctly on insta stories, we have proof, look.... oh....wait!! They have expired. What a shame. Well we did as asked so that’s the end of it

Reactions: 3
Been out all evening. Missed some of the comments The other page here has been closed for replies? Why is this?

Screenshot_20181103-180619_Instagram.jpg

Has anyone considered a DM to the other people there? Either the family from Poland or the mother that f&f have tagged in their post? Could try and find out exactly what was #gifted then.
Personally think that's going a bit far.. That's the asa job to find out not ours.

Do ASA guidelines say anything about instastories, which as we know, disappear after a short while

I bet their argument will be.... they are all haters, we tagged EVERYTHING correctly on insta stories, we have proof, look.... oh....wait!! They have expired. What a shame. Well we did as asked so that’s the end of it
I took a screenshot of her "Not an ad" Instastory just in case. Too large to upload here apparently but I have it.

The asa said something along the lines of they can't investigate things that may disappear. I.e. stories. However I sent all screenshot of the stories with their names in view where they stated it wasn't an ad..also the f and f ad they are in and the stories where they were there before the park opened from another influencers story. They also haven't announced in their own pages it's a paid partnership. Even freebies and gift need to be declared as ad under the new rules. As are af links.

Reactions: 3
They have fucked this right up. They should have said.. we are aware we were just gifted a holiday prior to moving and have now been offered this unachievable (for most people who had just moved) chance prior to Safiyahs bday, so thought we'd accept it to make it special for her. We know not everyone can afford this and we are super lucky and this isn't achievable for most unless given for free but wanted to take this opportunity and show you how fun a Disney holiday could be.

Problem is unlike the saccone julies where Jonathon works hard and has other things going on and Anna is such a caring loving mother to ALL her kids and does her own videos on her channel. The meldrums don't work anywhere near as hard. They don't care about privacy as much and don't protect their kids by not editing out tantrums and I know what school Safiyah goes to. And the riding school and swimming lessons and brownies etc. They are just not on the same level.

Reactions: 4
Problem is unlike the saccone julies where Jonathon works hard and has other things going on and Anna is such a caring loving mother to ALL her kids and does her own videos on her channel. The meldrums don't work anywhere near as hard. They don't care about privacy as much and don't protect their kids by not editing out tantrums and I know what school Safiyah goes to. And the riding school and swimming lessons and brownies etc. They are just not on the same level.
Please don't compare them to the SJs as I for one will completely disagree with you about that hideous family who do nothing but bleep their kids every day to pay their bills. Even I know what school the SJ kids go to because funnily enough they are as useless as the Meldrums when it comes to their kids' privacy. The kids also have plenty of screaming matches and tantrums on screen too. They are also terrible at declaring ads and freebies which is what is being discussed here at the moment.

Reactions: 11
They have fucked this right up. They should have said.. we are aware we were just gifted a holiday prior to moving and have now been offered this unachievable (for most people who had just moved) chance prior to Safiyahs bday, so thought we'd accept it to make it special for her. We know not everyone can afford this and we are super lucky and this isn't achievable for most unless given for free but wanted to take this opportunity and show you how fun a Disney holiday could be.

off topic sorry!!! ?

Who are the Saccone Julies because the Saccone Joly family are awful! ??They’re just as bad if not worse and they’re doing it longer.
- buy our book and get the new baby’s name first
- buy tickets to meet our kids.
they continuously put their kids in danger, Anna has nothing to do with the kids at all after she’s done breastfeeding, she even missed their first day of school because she didn’t want to miss her exercise . They put their school uniforms on line, make up stories about kidnap threats and make really, really questionable jokes.

I’m finding it hard to find one youtube family that aren’t selling their kids for cash.

Reactions: 11
Agree with posts above that the Sacconejolys are notable only for being the worst of a bad lot. The SJs have just been better at getting away with stuff, mainly because they are accomplished liars and have no conscience at all. It seems to be inherent in the 'job' itself that family vloggers all turn to tit and become greedy grasping dishonest child exploiting egomaniacs at the first whiff of a freebie. Is it the 'job' that changes them though or does the job simply attract people with no moral compass?

Reactions: 9
They should
Please don't compare them to the SJs as I for one will completely disagree with you about that hideous family who do nothing but bleep their kids every day to pay their bills. Even I know what school the SJ kids go to because funnily enough they are as useless as the Meldrums when it comes to their kids' privacy. The kids also have plenty of screaming matches and tantrums on screen too. They are also terrible at declaring ads and freebies which is what is being discussed here at the moment.
Wonder if that's to do with what area we live in then ? I don't have a clue.

I would still argue she seems loving to all the kids.

off topic sorry!!! ?

Who are the Saccone Julies because the Saccone Joly family are awful! ??They’re just as bad if not worse and they’re doing it longer.
- buy our book and get the new baby’s name first
- buy tickets to meet our kids.
they continuously put their kids in danger, Anna has nothing to do with the kids at all after she’s done breastfeeding, she even missed their first day of school because she didn’t want to miss her exercise . They put their school uniforms on line, make up stories about kidnap threats and make really, really questionable jokes.

I’m finding it hard to find one youtube family that aren’t selling their kids for cash.
Okay admittedly i didn't know any of that, too new to watching to have seen that. Apologies. They are tit as well ?

Can i just ask one thing though, if we do disagree with something another person says on here can we do it respectably of each other and not start a war between ourselves and aknowledge if we do or dont agree. Because (and I know you shouldn't start a sentence with because ?) knowing they watch here I bet they would love that and use it as an example of why we are all just bitter, argumentative people.

Agree with posts above that the Sacconejolys are notable only for being the worst of a bad lot. The SJs have just been better at getting away with stuff, mainly because they are accomplished liars and have no conscience at all. It seems to be inherent in the 'job' itself that family vloggers all turn to tit and become greedy grasping dishonest child exploiting egomaniacs at the first whiff of a freebie. Is it the 'job' that changes them though or does the job simply attract people with no moral compass?
Think it must turn them into utter narcissists and no one else comes before their fame!

Can i just ask one thing though, if we do disagree with something another person says on here can we do it respectably of each other and not start a war between ourselves and aknowledge if we do or dont agree. Because (and I know you shouldn't start a sentence with because ?) knowing they watch here I bet they would love that and use it as an example of why we are all just bitter, argumentative people.
When has this happened lol.
I actually think this thread is really brilliant at having adult discussion. There’s a great atmosphere and great banter, But I must have missed what you’re talking about so if so sorry!

Okay admittedly i didn't know any of that, too new to watching to have seen that. Apologies. They are tit as well ?

Oh no, listen we ALL fall for it at the beginning ? not just you.
it why they still make a fortune, with the SJ’s and Meldrum you do start of liking them then the curtain falls ? so I totally get where you’re coming from. They all money making scam artists with cash cow kids for props.
Anna hates all her kids, Rebecca just the one ?

Please don’t feel anyone is attacking you on this... ? unless you’re Anna or Rebecca.
Or puppy lee belter ??‍♀

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.