Mrs Meldrum #25 One night away paid by Lee, oh sorry forgot to declare it but it’s free!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be odd for her not to do a vlog, even if it wasn't a part of the deal you would do anyway as surely even some of the scenery would give you different content from usual so it seems odd to have not done it. They seemed to be happy with them during the stay as Sykes commented on their post and according to her stories they asked them to stay for an extra night but they couldnt because they had to get back to school (even though they had missed one day anyway). It doesn't add up or is a bizarre deal on Sykes' part.
Agreed that it all seems rather peculiar. What I definitely do know though, is Sykes Cottages lost a few loyal and well paying customers when they partnered up with these pricks!

Reactions: 14
I really think it has become obvious that she doesn't want to do Youtube. Her content is dire. She is inconsistent and just can't be bothered. The Aviemore holiday proved that as she hasn't bothered to vlog it or the filming was so bad it didn't get approved. She just wants to mess around on instagram with less than a minute a day filming. Yet even on insta her content is so bad. That Plenty promotion on her grid didn't even mention that they were paper towels. Some people had no clue what she was even on about and not everyone bothers to watch stories..... I know I don't. She is actually becoming unwatchable. So different to this time last year when The Meldrums were putting out vlogs daily and Lee was capturing some really good stuff.

Reactions: 24
To be fair, IMO the people ordering Meldrums "book"; and while we are on the subject, Mrs Hinch's book; are the kind of people who consider Katie Price the height of literary genius!
Yes. It’s a certain kind of person who buys those kind of books. Those with no intelligence

Reactions: 11
Maybe she’s getting more money out of collaborations and that’s why she isn’t bothering with YouTube! I would be happy to see her go??

Reactions: 9
I really think it has become obvious that she doesn't want to do Youtube. Her content is dire. She is inconsistent and just can't be bothered. The Aviemore holiday proved that as she hasn't bothered to vlog it or the filming was so bad it didn't get approved. She just wants to mess around on instagram with less than a minute a day filming. Yet even on insta her content is so bad. That Plenty promotion on her grid didn't even mention that they were paper towels. Some people had no clue what she was even on about and not everyone bothers to watch stories..... I know I don't. She is actually becoming unwatchable. So different to this time last year when The Meldrums were putting out vlogs daily and Lee was capturing some really good stuff.
Completely agree that her hearts not in it, especially not YouTube. It’s weird watching other vlogs niece and seeing the effort and planning that has gone into it, which really highlights how little she cares now.
I think insta makes her more money but, unless you do great instagram content (and their new house isn’t good for that aspirational home content), I think you also need YouTube as your bread and butter, keeping folk interested in your family and life. I wondered if the vlogs had reduced because they are struggling to film like they used to. In the old days I remember it being lunchtimes, teatimes and bedtime routines but maybe now the mealtime struggles and poppy being “broken” means they don’t get that footage. I believe that Rebecca has been feeling anxious. It must have been a hell of a shock to system when poppy moved away from being such an easy baby and a good sleeper to a more normal pattern. And she’s said how she has struggled with the older two moving from good eaters to fussy. I think things not being perfect must be bloody hard when you portray your life as insta-perfect.
It’s a pity that she didn’t talk more about it all- the sleeping and eating. I mean she talked about it but in the past the viewers would have been brought right into it all, which I think is one of the fundamental changes and flaws. With her blocking and deleting and silenced and reduced content she’s made it clear now that viewers arent welcome guests. She’s in charge and they will get to see what she wants when she wants. That’s a protective mechanism for her, I get it, but there are better ways to go about it.
She must be giving channel mum a headache with all the mistakes though, so making they are providing therapy. Odd that she hadn’t mentioned it before when she’s talked so much about everything else surrounding the anxiety.

Reactions: 12
It would be odd for her not to do a vlog, even if it wasn't a part of the deal you would do anyway as surely even some of the scenery would give you different content from usual so it seems odd to have not done it. They seemed to be happy with them during the stay as Sykes commented on their post and according to her stories they asked them to stay for an extra night but they couldnt because they had to get back to school (even though they had missed one day anyway). It doesn't add up or is a bizarre deal on Sykes' part.
Of course you’d do a vlog, at the very least a proper show of the house/views etc! Just as a thank you for a lovely stay! But we know she has zero manners!

Reactions: 10
I can’t believe Brands are paying huge lumps of money to the many CM floggers who all advertise the same thing! They’d go bust! Yes one off exclusive brand deals probably pay a lot, especially to the big insta ‘stars’? but can’t believe any brand would pay 5/10k per person when there are say 6 of them advertising the same product? That said I’m sure Reb is making slot more than we think! Daddy Cannon may be guarantor on the mortgage but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were actually paying it, we know ADs pay and she does a lot!

Reactions: 5
Completely agree that her hearts not in it, especially not YouTube. It’s weird watching other vlogs niece and seeing the effort and planning that has gone into it, which really highlights how little she cares now.
I think insta makes her more money but, unless you do great instagram content (and their new house isn’t good for that aspirational home content), I think you also need YouTube as your bread and butter, keeping folk interested in your family and life. I wondered if the vlogs had reduced because they are struggling to film like they used to. In the old days I remember it being lunchtimes, teatimes and bedtime routines but maybe now the mealtime struggles and poppy being “broken” means they don’t get that footage. I believe that Rebecca has been feeling anxious. It must have been a hell of a shock to system when poppy moved away from being such an easy baby and a good sleeper to a more normal pattern. And she’s said how she has struggled with the older two moving from good eaters to fussy. I think things not being perfect must be bloody hard when you portray your life as insta-perfect.
It’s a pity that she didn’t talk more about it all- the sleeping and eating. I mean she talked about it but in the past the viewers would have been brought right into it all, which I think is one of the fundamental changes and flaws. With her blocking and deleting and silenced and reduced content she’s made it clear now that viewers arent welcome guests. She’s in charge and they will get to see what she wants when she wants. That’s a protective mechanism for her, I get it, but there are better ways to go about it.
She must be giving channel mum a headache with all the mistakes though, so making they are providing therapy. Odd that she hadn’t mentioned it before when she’s talked so much about everything else surrounding the anxiety.
Her erratic behaviour and the way her and Lee are behaving muat have contributed to the girls becoming ‘hard work’ where food, sleep routines are concerned.
I know when there are disruptions to our routine at home it affects my kids in all different ways, even the teenagers

Reactions: 12
So sick of these influencers picking up on words and phrases and using them all the time. If I hear 'I am obsessed with...... or 'So so .... or 'living my best life', one more freaking time, I'm unsubscribing from the lot of them and going back to blogs and podcasts. lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just watched her highlights and am seriously LIVID that she’s charging so much for a paperback notepad!!!

Every time I feel an ounce of sympathy for her she cocks it up again by demonstrating what a money-grabbing bint she really is. There’s no way she could be proud of such a shoddy attempt at a mother-daughter keepsake, NO WAY. It would be utterly embarrassing if she wasn’t profiteering off of vulnerable followers. How could you be proud of slapping your name on that- like, how? Anyone here in the publishing industry who’d have a good idea of how much it would could to produce such a load of tat, because I’m betting my last honourable hobbit those profit margins will be huuuge?

Reactions: 22
Her erratic behaviour and the way her and Lee are behaving muat have contributed to the girls becoming ‘hard work’ where food, sleep routines are concerned.
I know when there are disruptions to our routine at home it affects my kids in all different ways, even the teenagers
I think that house has got a bad vibe, end of?serves them right for being so greedy and grabby?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Completely agree that her hearts not in it, especially not YouTube.
The problem is there's no content or creativity there. It's just shopping and ads. There's no passion or meaning.

Anyone would find it dull if your job was promoting ktichen roll and factory cakes.

But when you've becomed accustomed to making thousands for a simple bit of content promoting any old crap it's hard to go back or even start your first real job (I imagine).

Reactions: 14
I’m wondering if she knows it’s all going down the pan and is just taking any and all advertising opportunities to build up enough money to survive when it does!
Absolutely no effort whatsoever going into her content, even the ads are lazy.
Wonder when advertisers are going to realise that they’re doing more harm than good to their business by using the likes of her. I wouldn’t buy anything she recommends at this stage. In fact, it would put me off the brand altogether.

Reactions: 23
I’m wondering if she knows it’s all going down the pan and is just taking any and all advertising opportunities to build up enough money to survive when it does!
Absolutely no effort whatsoever going into her content, even the ads are lazy.
Wonder when advertisers are going to realise that they’re doing more harm than good to their business by using the likes of her. I wouldn’t buy anything she recommends at this stage. In fact, it would put me off the brand altogether.
I think exactly this.

I don't think either of them are particularly bright or remotely business savy. They are however monumentally tight with their own cash.
It appears that Reb's dad has built up quite a good life style from not much if her " I started life in a two bed semi" vlog is to be believed, and good on him. Hopefully he's given her at least some advice on saving and investments and access to a good accountant.
So every last bit is probably being squirrelled away whilst they bask in a life of freebies and own brand food.
However they're pretty young and naive to be assuming that they'll be able to retire on the profits of their social media empire ?

Reactions: 7
I can't see it going down the pan anytime soon.Her followers lap up any old rubbish she shares...their loyalty is quite unbelievable!I think that her content,or lack of,is absolutely dire...they go nowhere and do little..and even after the DLP and food bank debacles her numbers didn't seem to drop significantly.I cannot understand it

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.