Mrs Meldrum #20 AD Some Items In This Thread Have Been Gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do have some issues with the way some of the Channel Mum vloggers operate. (Mostly my grievance is when they don't respond to your messages or comments-like they're too important. But, Rebecca never EVER responds to any positive conversation or comment I have ever made to her from my personal or professional pages. Maybe if she supported and helped start up pages ..they in turn would support her hugely when they're successful and it would help her seem more relatable and down to earth. #justsaying. That's something I want to do when we have reached a decent following.)
Having said all of that, THIS is probably going to prove a very unpopular opinion. But for some reason today I feel compelled to share it! Eek.
I do think sometimes it goes too far on this thread. Think about it.. if you were trying to make your living with now very OTT advertising rules and constant negativety/abuse and you read this forum about yourself... How would you feel? I'm guessing very low. Very worried. Very sad at times. Walk a mile in her shoes. She must feel very low. Imagine thinking that everyone in your town is talking about you, it must be bloody awful.
I am a mental health professional myself and to be honest she may have aggravated lots of people with her anxiety talk. But, just because she hasn't been formally diagnosed doesn't mean she isn't anxious. Come on people. You can't say she isn't suffering just because there is no formal diagnosis...we all know that is bullshit.
Many have the opinion that she should probably just not do this job it it is causing her to feel like this... I totally understand her wanting to do something that enables her to bring up her children without childcare... a job where you are your own boss. I'm currently on that path myself. That's the bloody dream! So I understand her trying to work through all the negativity.
Now, I'm not here to have a go. But I thought it might be nice for everyone to reflect on what they're actually saying and realise that she is only human with all the same worries and feelings as us.
I know this will probably prove unpopular but we are here to share our opinions and this is mine. ??

Reactions: 6
Just catching up - baby has been on me constantly as he won’t settle anywhere else whilst he’s poorly so have no hands to check my phone. Can only go to the loo and look at my phone during the brief times my husband comes to the hospital to visit. Am chuckling at the confusion on the last thread that I am a Meldrum?!!! Far from it!

Thank you for all your well wishes, we are still in hospital and baby is still very poorly sadly
I'm sorry you are still in hospital, my eldest was a poorly child, asthma attacks, you see. but there is nothing worse than having your baby ill - sending you love and prayers ?

Reactions: 10
I honestly don’t want to be here anymore
You’re local to Aberdeen yes?
I am Aberdeen also if I can do anything? I’ve been similar to where you are and sometimes it’s easier to reach out to someone that isn’t super close to you.
However, if you have someone you can call please do x

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I don’t feel stable at all, I’ve relapsed with my eating disorder and I want to drink
If you can reach out to a friend or family member or 116 123 for the Samaritans or if not had good experience with them try calm 0800 58 58 58. ❤ No matter how hopeless it feels there's always a way through, speaking to someone helps so much

Reactions: 17
I don’t feel stable at all, I’ve relapsed with my eating disorder and I want to drink
Please call someone. You deserve to be here, and are worth it, you may not feel like that at the moment, and I'm sorry for that. I know it's hard to see 'what's the point' but you have fought hard before and came out the other side, you can do it again. Once you've had an eating disorder, it is a constant battle and yes you've relapsed but you can get back on track and are worth living and trying to do that. You just need the help. Please please get help. I'm sorry if this all has come across weirdly or wrong, Im just not very good at expressing my meaning very well. Big hugs to you xxx

Reactions: 15
@FitiverMin firstly, I just want to say thank you for sharing your story. Mental health needs to be taken seriously and you are so right just because you might look okay doesnt mean you aren’t suffering and in need of help. ?

I don’t personally suffer with mental health issues, but have a parent and a sibling who do. My parent has had severe mental health issues my whole life. I’ve seen my Mum be unable to physically get out of bed, wash and care for herself, even unable to feed herself during her bad days. I’m in my 30s now and my Mum can still be affected in this way. She has a social worker, but she’s only interested in supporting the social aspect of depression.. going for a coffee and cake, setting an alarm to get up and showered and dressed each morning. My mum can ignore calls from my siblings and I for days on end when she’s in the depths of depression, never mind meet a carer for a cuppa and a bun!

Just last week, my mum was struggling with her depression - it greatly affects her sleep and she goes from being up for 3 days to sleeping constantly.. she downed a bottle of wine at 7am in the hope of it helping her sleep. She then called the out of hours crisis line 6 times before hanging up... after this she called her social worker and left a message. That was the Wednesday and she didn’t call my mum back until 4:50 on the Friday night to say if she needed anything over the weekend to call the out of hours.

My sister deals with anxiety.. she takes medication for this. All be it a very mild dose but if my sister has a panic attack, that feeling something bad is going to happen she’s floored by it. She can’t get dressed, just wants to stay at home and hide away, can’t face anyone.. but to look at her you would never know it. She’s married with 2 kids and a nursing student..

This is the point when you are good and you’re feeling fine, outwardly you can look like you’ve really got your tit together. When you don’t “look” sick it’s hard for people to relate.

I genuinely hope that Rebecca isn’t using all this as a spin for some good engagement. Mental health is so important but when you look at what she is trying to post and then the stories Pat is putting up, not a care in the world. His stupid skits to try and seem like he’s so happy go lucky. Why is he not showing her more support? It’s such a sad state of affairs that now we have come to only expect the worst when it comes to these two. Even if she did do something genuine and sincere, she’s completely tarnished it with her past behaviours.
I read this and just wanted to give you a hug. Along with everyone else struggling too. Mental health is an absolute witch and I'm so sorry to all affected.

Reactions: 13
I do have some issues with the way some of the Channel Mum vloggers operate. (Mostly my grievance is when they don't respond to your messages or comments-like they're too important. But, Rebecca never EVER responds to any positive conversation or comment I have ever made to her from my personal or professional pages. Maybe if she supported and helped start up pages ..they in turn would support her hugely when they're successful and it would help her seem more relatable and down to earth. #justsaying. That's something I want to do when we have reached a decent following.)
Having said all of that, THIS is probably going to prove a very unpopular opinion. But for some reason today I feel compelled to share it! Eek.
I do think sometimes it goes too far on this thread. Think about it.. if you were trying to make your living with now very OTT advertising rules and constant negativety/abuse and you read this forum about yourself... How would you feel? I'm guessing very low. Very worried. Very sad at times. Walk a mile in her shoes. She must feel very low. Imagine thinking that everyone in your town is talking about you, it must be bloody awful.
I am a mental health professional myself and to be honest she may have aggravated lots of people with her anxiety talk. But, just because she hasn't been formally diagnosed doesn't mean she isn't anxious. Come on people. You can't say she isn't suffering just because there is no formal diagnosis...we all know that is bullshit.
Many have the opinion that she should probably just not do this job it it is causing her to feel like this... I totally understand her wanting to do something that enables her to bring up her children without childcare... a job where you are your own boss. I'm currently on that path myself. That's the bloody dream! So I understand her trying to work through all the negativity.
Now, I'm not here to have a go. But I thought it might be nice for everyone to reflect on what they're actually saying and realise that she is only human with all the same worries and feelings as us.
I know this will probably prove unpopular but we are here to share our opinions and this is mine. ??
well, someone here said that Channel mum Mental Health Drive is focusing on Anxiety -
more reason to not believe her, I get your point, and she might be confusing anxiety with being anxious but she just constantly lies.
And I will certainly not put myself in her shoes, she is a psychopath.

Reactions: 11
Pls call the Samaritans 116123 they are there 24/7 to listen. I’m sorry I can’t help more but talking to someone will help I promise xxx

Reactions: 8
Just catching up - baby has been on me constantly as he won’t settle anywhere else whilst he’s poorly so have no hands to check my phone. Can only go to the loo and look at my phone during the brief times my husband comes to the hospital to visit. Am chuckling at the confusion on the last thread that I am a Meldrum?!!! Far from it!

Thank you for all your well wishes, we are still in hospital and baby is still very poorly sadly
Are you in need of anything? Adult conversation? I’ve no idea where you’re based but I’ve spent long periods of time in hospital with my eldest - first as a baby and then as a teenager with cancer - I know how awful it is. Xx

• Sad
Reactions: 6

I fully understand and respect what you are getting at here.

Unfortunately I just don’t think this applies to the Meldrums.

Mrs M may well be feeling anxious, it’s a common human emotion. One which we all fel from time to time. Feeling anxious is not the same as having an anxiety disorder/condition.
It strikes me as a little too convenient that the Channel Mum topic is the very same as her chat about her “anxiety” - the timing is too close for me to believe her. I also think it’s telling that she only ever seems to “open up” about these types of feeling when there has been backlash from her actions - we’ve seen it time and time again now. She seems to use mental health issues to try to absolve herself from any negativity that’s being directed at her so that she gains sympathy.

I’m afraid I just do buy anything they say.

To me it’s clear that they have very clear online personas that are very different to how they actually are off camera.

They never change their behaviour. If they really felt worried about how they were being perceived then they would acknowledge any wrong doing and put it right.

The masks have slipped and I think the real Rebecca & Lee have shown themselves.

Lee’s behaviour over the past few days has been appalling. There’s no excuse at all for it. If he behaved like that in any other work place then he would have been hauled over the coals for it.

Reactions: 22
Can the channel mum thing be posted on Instagram extremely important I think that the managers are pushing anxiety

Reactions: 5
Sorry you having a crap time

Do reach out either people you know

Samaritans

Or alternatively beat I find helpful.

Do rings gps or if suicidal go straight to accident and emergency.

Reactions: 8
I read this and just wanted to give you a hug. Along with everyone else struggling too. Mental health is an absolute witch and I'm so sorry to all affected.
Thank you! I honestly didn’t write any of that as looking for sympathy, at the end of the day it’s not my own battle but I do live it and it did have an impact on my childhood however I’m so aware of the people who truly need help and they should never feel alone or unworthy ?

Reactions: 9
You know when they cover issues on tv programmes.

At end of programme they say if you have been affected by these issues they sign post you to the right person.

Some helpline are national and support services are local.

I think mind have local branches too.

I'm not Scotland so no idea what's availiable in that area

I don't get what channel mum or any other influencer think they achieving here.

What i hated the most about what the said

Is dirty little secret
That anxiety makes her feel weak as shes a string person implying others are just weak.
I'm sure she used the words pull herself together.

Lee's hardly being really concerned is he if he's sledging minus the kids.
God knows what his freinds and local men think of him.

Their old street must be so happy now.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.