Mrs Meldrum #20 AD Some Items In This Thread Have Been Gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading comments from last night's video... She's so lazy not responding to the so many questions. Can she not manage her time better, vid goes live, spend time in engagement? Nope. She's been paid for the ad, that's all she cares about. I know vloggers cannot possibly reply to everything but she's terrible!!

Reactions: 7
Watched Katie's latest after was so lovely

She's so non materialistic and honest. I went round my mum's for coffee and breakfasts as saves me money.
That shes so greatful for her house.
That they have on a for renovation but they will have to loan the money from a bank.
That they got current house great price
They made equity in last house
That johns contract work and some clearly gifted items have allowed her to upgrade the bathroom

She always updates her vlog description and thanks her subscribers.
I also feel like she rarely does ads but when she does they are big ones.
Fair play to her, she's not money grabbing, she's professional and makes the most of her job.
Accepts ads that truly help her and does such a good job! You never see her flogging crap that she'll forget about in days!

Reactions: 15
I’ve had “what do you want us to do about it”
Or after being sent for an emergency assessment with a psychiatrist or cpn to see if I need to be admitted to the ward, I was sent home suicidal more times than I was admitted.

People don’t realise how common this is.
I think it’s dangerous for influencers to be discussing mental health issues without the correct qualifications because it can throw up so much for the person reading and consuming that information. It’s something I feel extremely passionate about and probably think about far too much.
I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with this too.
I’ve had the exact same experience. Cornhill never admit you and then you’re left to your own devices.

Reactions: 5
Fair play to her, she's not money grabbing, she's professional and makes the most of her job.
Accepts ads that truly help her and does such a good job! You never see her flogging crap that she'll forget about in days!
Clearly they have some flexability at channel mum towers

She doesn't promote random stuff like laundry products.
Next delivery
Any old random crap.

She's choosy
Latest ad not on the high street so supporting lots smaller retailers.

She's talked about all the stuff shes brought for her home. Where they from why shes picked them.

She's done hello fresh ads
Garmin ads
Matalan but done them all a lot better.
Her Halfords bike ad was amazing compared to lee and his free camping adventure

Yes she gets free holidays but her travel vlogs are amazing ads.

She's never tried to hide if Holliday is gifted ir heavily discounted

Reactions: 11
That picture of Pat and his glasses, the door behind him looks strange the way that it overlaps the staircase? Like it didn’t fit but they just stuck it in anyway?
Edited to add: by “they” I mean the builders. I don’t imagine the Meld’s did it, she’s too lazy and he couldn’t even hang a picture without a huge palaver and even then it’s not straight.

Reactions: 4
Ah she’ll probably book a couple of holidays and be right as rain in a week. I feel like most of her wobble is because she doesn’t like what she reads here and might be questioning herself and her actions.

Reactions: 13
Reading comments from last night's video... She's so lazy not responding to the so many questions. Can she not manage her time better, vid goes live, spend time in engagement? Nope. She's been paid for the ad, that's all she cares about. I know vloggers cannot possibly reply to everything but she's terrible!!
Zero engagement from Mrs I always respond to comments.
I love to engage.

Clearly lump sum money from hello fresh.

If i was hello fresh I be unlikely to use her again.

111 dislikes

Reactions: 10
I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time, and I hope you've been taken seriously and offered the support you need since then.

I'm sorry that my post came across that way and I can assure you that I take every single person who asks me for help very seriously. It's sad to hear about other services failing like that.

You're right- mental health is never clear cut and can affect ANYONE, it's just the way that Reb is handling this (alongside the incredibly suspicious timing, of course) that has bothered me.

I'm sorry if my post didn't come across in the right way, I was just angry and you are exactly the kind of person I want to protect from that kind of flippant trend setting around mental health.
I think the issue a lot of us have with Rebecca is that she has obviously lived a very sheltered life and had a hugely privileged upbringing. That in itself is not her fault but it has meant that she hasn’t experienced much and so any feelings of worry are turned into anxiety, a headache is a migraine, people living on the breadline must be completely destitute. It’s black and white thinking that is a product of her upbringing, there’s no middle ground. Where it does become her fault is where she point blank refuses to be educated or told otherwise. If she say there and said ‘I’ve been so naive, YouTube has given me the opportunity to see a more diverse view of the world’ I think everyone would have so much more respect for her. But she won’t, she likes her bubble and anyone who tries to pop it and drag her into the real world is the one with the problem. I have no issue with people living in their comfort zone for the most part but she is putting herself in the public eye and touting herself as a role model.

And going back to the anxiety, yes it does affect everyone differently but that is why what she’s saying is so problematic. She’s perpetuating the idea that people are ‘absolutely fine’ while living with anxiety. Some people can cope and get through the day but so many can’t and they are the ones suffering because people expect them to just ‘pull themselves together’.

Reactions: 18
I would love it if a big kitchen company worked with her .?

• Heart
Zero engagement from Mrs I always respond to comments.
I love to engage.

Clearly lump sum money from hello fresh.

If i was hello fresh I be unlikely to use her again.

111 dislikes
The only comment she has replied to is someone asking where her top is from ?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Silent reader..... does anyone remember the tin foil advertisement? For me that really screamed desperate for money. “Oh when the children are bored we make swans out of tin foil. It’s a game changer”??????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
People have asked specific questions about the service and the packages and no response.
Why are hello fresh happy with this
She's not great value for money
She makes them seem shifty and disingenuous

People have asked specific questions about the service and the packages and no response.
Yeah that's why replying about her Boden top sums her up. Let's just ignore the questions about the service she has been paid to promote......what a great business head she has?

I think the issue a lot of us have with Rebecca is that she has obviously lived a very sheltered life and had a hugely privileged upbringing. That in itself is not her fault but it has meant that she hasn’t experienced much and so any feelings of worry are turned into anxiety, a headache is a migraine, people living on the breadline must be completely destitute. It’s black and white thinking that is a product of her upbringing, there’s no middle ground. Where it does become her fault is where she point blank refuses to be educated or told otherwise. If she say there and said ‘I’ve been so naive, YouTube has given me the opportunity to see a more diverse view of the world’ I think everyone would have so much more respect for her. But she won’t, she likes her bubble and anyone who tries to pop it and drag her into the real world is the one with the problem. I have no issue with people living in their comfort zone for the most part but she is putting herself in the public eye and touting herself as a role model.

And going back to the anxiety, yes it does affect everyone differently but that is why what she’s saying is so problematic. She’s perpetuating the idea that people are ‘absolutely fine’ while living with anxiety. Some people can cope and get through the day but so many can’t and they are the ones suffering because people expect them to just ‘pull themselves together’.
Agree with this.
It was me that left the comment on her latest blog regarding anxiety. And to be completely honest it’s really upset me the way she throws it out there like it’s nothing.
Maybe the woman is suffering from anxiety but it’s hard to believe anything she says, and she’s created the majority of this.
Others on here have put it better than me. But this is just another thing to add to the pile of horrendous things she’s done.

Reactions: 13
Honestly this doctor is a partner at my practice, and every time I see her there she looks sheepish . It’s horrendous because she essentially sent me home to die. I should’ve complained at the time but I felt so worthless.

Even worse Natalia Ferri (Hamilton) gave up on me by writing that I had no friends or interests ( despite me being in two singing groups) and the i was a no hoper.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I’ve had the exact same experience. Cornhill never admit you and then you’re left to your own devices.
Don’t get me started on what’s happening there. You need to get the care commission for Scotland involved to get anywhere The time dealing with them and someone in dire need of help. Ended up with other officials getting involved and forcing them to help due to the state of the person who was ill and then they have no beds. Even local police don’t understand those who are attempting suicide are seen back on street next day. They don’t understand it either and there’s been an increase in mental health cases due to oil downturn and people loosing jobs and worrying about how they will pay the bills. It’s a sad state of affairs for those requiring help ?

• Sad
Absolutely disgusting that they are all talking about mental health on their platforms to many of their viewers when they have no idea what they’re talking about or most don’t have any real experience with the issue. I have read the brief from channel mum and it seems they are all going on about anxiety and it’s the ‘topic of the moment’. Channel mum are treading on very ? thin ice here, working in mental health this is not something these under qualified insta huns should be waffling on about without a disclaimer

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.