Mrs Meldrum #20 AD Some Items In This Thread Have Been Gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she just retook the Channel Mum "Mental Health Quiz" that last year had her as very positive with everything to look forward to............?

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Mmmm, bit sceptical but Channel mum Mental Health Drive focusing on Anxiety! Maybe just a coincidence ???
Well timed marketing I’d say... I suspect many channemum instahuns have felt a bit anxious knowing they’re going to have to start declaring a bit more now.

Reactions: 22
Just been reading the YouTube comments & there’s one saying that Hello Fresh doesn’t deliver to Aberdeen postcodes?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think she is manipulating for her own gain. But I’ve had the worst experiences of being belittled because I could leave the house, etc.
I’m sorry we’ve had similar experiences. It’s horrible to feel belittled and invalidate.
There’s plenty of people with mental illness who function at a high level.
And it can be hard to be taken seriously.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Mmmm, bit sceptical but Channel mum Mental Health Drive focusing on Anxiety! Maybe just a coincidence ???
I thought this yesterday she hasn't got anxiety it's just one of the channel mum themes for the month to focus on I thought that when she put the hash tags after her little speech on insta about it.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
We have had Hello Fresh about two years ago delivered to Aberdeen but maybe they have changed since then ?

Really sad if it’s a Mental Health brief that’s the reason behind her story. It was disappointing that she used the word strong implying its weak to suffer ?but this is the same person that was surprised that well dressed people used a food bank. I know from personal experience that mental health can present itself in many ways but I just don’t believe her story. Yes she must be feeling apprehensive about her situation but it’s clutching at a very really feeling for a lot of people to gain sympathy.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I was suicidal at a GPS appointment once, and my GP who was treating me for depression and bulimia said to me “well I don’t really know what you expect me to say to that.”

I walked out apologising whilst in tears. She’d put in a record of that appointment that I wasn’t suicidal.
Having lost a parent to suicide I can 100% understand. This channel mum promoting mental health and getting influencers to bang on about it when not even remotely qualified, it makes me angry. You only touch on that subjects if fully trained. That’s why it’s an area that requires regulated from a financial and emotional point of view. Influencers could be causing a lot of damage to viewers

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I’m sorry we’ve had similar experiences. It’s horrible to feel belittled and invalidate.
There’s plenty of people with mental illness who function at a high level.
And it can be hard to be taken seriously.
Honestly this doctor is a partner at my practice, and every time I see her there she looks sheepish . It’s horrendous because she essentially sent me home to die. I should’ve complained at the time but I felt so worthless.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I don’t believe for a second that Reb suffers from anxiety in a clinical sense, but it does worry me that some people on here think that your outward appearance reflects how you are feeling internally. Anxiety affects everyone differently, and being able to go out for a #ad theatre trip doesn’t mean you don’t suffer in other ways. I’m not standing up for Reb in any way, but the sweeping generalisations made by some folk on here, especially mental health professionals, disappoints me.

I’ve been judged and penalised for not being bed-ridden or fitting a typical anxiety disorder pattern, yet I still suffered a lot. I still do tbh. I’ve been faced with so-called mental health professionals who have judged me for not having p

I’m sure that Reb is using mental health as a “get out of jail free card” but anxiety isn’t clear cut, and I’m no stranger to being dismissed because my experience of anxiety isn’t at the very extreme end of the scale. I’m in no way standing up for her, but I’ve met many mental health professionals who haven’t taken me seriously because I wasn’t bed ridden and able to do some “normal” tasks, such as go out with friends or work.
I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time, and I hope you've been taken seriously and offered the support you need since then.

I'm sorry that my post came across that way and I can assure you that I take every single person who asks me for help very seriously. It's sad to hear about other services failing like that.

You're right- mental health is never clear cut and can affect ANYONE, it's just the way that Reb is handling this (alongside the incredibly suspicious timing, of course) that has bothered me.

I'm sorry if my post didn't come across in the right way, I was just angry and you are exactly the kind of person I want to protect from that kind of flippant trend setting around mental health.

Reactions: 15
Honestly this doctor is a partner at my practice, and every time I see her there she looks sheepish . It’s horrendous because she essentially sent me home to die. I should’ve complained at the time but I felt so worthless.
I’ve had “what do you want us to do about it”
Or after being sent for an emergency assessment with a psychiatrist or cpn to see if I need to be admitted to the ward, I was sent home suicidal more times than I was admitted.

People don’t realise how common this is.
I think it’s dangerous for influencers to be discussing mental health issues without the correct qualifications because it can throw up so much for the person reading and consuming that information. It’s something I feel extremely passionate about and probably think about far too much.
I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with this too.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a tough time, and I hope you've been taken seriously and offered the support you need since then.

I'm sorry that my post came across that way and I can assure you that I take every single person who asks me for help very seriously. It's sad to hear about other services failing like that.

You're right- mental health is never clear cut and can affect ANYONE, it's just the way that Reb is handling this (alongside the incredibly suspicious timing, of course) that has bothered me.

I'm sorry if my post didn't come across in the right way, I was just angry and you are exactly the kind of person I want to protect from that kind of flippant trend setting around mental health.
Spot on!

Reactions: 3
Sorry for all those suffering from mental illness and not taken seriously.

I myself had has past issues.
Mental health treatment really needs to be improved in the UK.

I think various surveys have shown we as a nation have increasing anxiety and depression.

Conditions sure can present themselves in different ways.

As a busy mum no family nearby I have to push through the bad days I can't choose not to do the food shop or to do the school run.

Seriously lacking me time and self care these last few months.

I think mental health is complex
It can also be quite personal and sensitive
I don't think insta mum's should be discussing things they not experts in .
It can do more harm then good.
We said this in previous thread when she did her self care video.

No amount of olay or whatever new skin care shes now peddling can improve anxiety.

Not everyone can afford gym and personal trainer.

Not everyone has stay at home husband and family next door

Not every follower can go to the theatre least once a month i guess averaging out.

I remember a mumsnet thread about Natasha baille and wee slice doing a mental mutha workshop with you ok hun?
People were critical that really wasent an area they should be dabbling in.
This is where I think someone needs to put some sort of rules against infleuncers making false health claims or giving unqualified advice.
Mental health should not be a area to exploit hiding behind the guise of raising awareness and providing support.

If she has anxiety I want to know what health professional currently is suggesting as treatment plan.

Has she seen a go
Gas she booked cbt sessions privately with her own dolla.
Is she prescribed any medication.

Maybe if she could confirm these I take her more seriously.

Right now I think its more stress and anxiety over negative comments, having to be truthful. New rules and state.

It's amazing how a 100k plaque can really perk up a mood.

She's possibly out celebrating
As last night she uploaded a vlog and shes responded to no comments or deleted any comments.

In the interests of transparency I would love to have seen a disclaimer

Hello fresh dont deliver to my exact postcode.
But they have 90% coverage
This is an example of what you can get and we hope hello fresh may strive to widen postcodes in future.

What else can I say about the video

Clearly reading here as we said the girl have hardly any activities .

All the activities she mentions are expensive.
I hope she doesn't get gifted a ski holiday shes clearly still angling for one.

I expect most filming now be from dark depressing boss babe office as an ad free zone although the free disenio prints was in the background

She's only cooking as it's hello fresh we hardly see her cook unless it's baking hello fresh or a check pea salad.
She forgotton her 3 meat free meals a week.

The gym she says they reduced sessions
Does rami regularly do reduced sessions if you buy a block.

75 quid a week on pt sessions is 300 a month.
Yet theres no money to do anything to do in the house
But there's money for activities / personal training and holidays.

I thourght the kitchen work was scheduled for February.

I for see only filming in office
Outside
Or random corners of their home

Well done lee finding an area non gifted

How are sheep not thinking does she not pay for anything.

Who's gifted her the theatre tickets this time

With them it's always about this is what we want.
This is what we have.
Laughed at start when she said she had over 100 subcribers

She wore an odd top for her skin care ad on stories.

Watched Katie's latest after was so lovely

She's so non materialistic and honest. I went round my mum's for coffee and breakfasts as saves me money.
That shes so greatful for her house.
That they have on a for renovation but they will have to loan the money from a bank.
That they got current house great price
They made equity in last house
That johns contract work and some clearly gifted items have allowed her to upgrade the bathroom

She always updates her vlog description and thanks her subscribers.

Reactions: 10
Anyone else think Pats been drinking curry soup straight from the slow cooker in his Making a murderer post? Or is it just his goate beard ??

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

?. Yes I deteste the flippant trend amongst influencers around mental health. It’s damaging

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.