Mrs Meldrum 2 - A utility room to die for and #spons stain remover needed for the floor (The Meldrum Family)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm here from the mumsnet ethics threads too and have been lurking for a few days now reading the thread. So glad someone linked to the ASA complaints form - the only way people found out the Neilson holidays were gifted were from a report to ASA. This is clearly sponsored in some way and should be disclosed. Outrageous that F&F have turned the comments off.
Please tell me more!!! I never had any inkling in the past that Neilson was #spon.
However- this dampens my hope of this dishonesty being quashed if she’s already been caught before and then been allowed to continue.

I wonder how the Humdrums are going to react to this? I expect ignore and hope it goes away. I want to know who funded Safiyah's birthday trip. If they are saying they were only gifted the VIP Passes who paid for the travel and accommodation? I suspect F&F but how can we find out? Am complaining to Channel Mum as it states on her account collaborations are arranged through them.

Reactions: 5
you couldn’t make this tit up! How ever I agree poor safiyah I imagine Bec’s and Lee are probably glued to there phone as we speak. The atmosphere has probably turned sour, she’s probably lying on a couch some where with a blanket and a banging headache. Why not just be up front and honest. Your job is to do P.R work for brands jeeezo!
Haha.... just seen an instadtory of the other family in the group, the ‘mam-something’ account....it’s the Disney parade......Lee is there in the background staring intently at his phone lol!!!

Reactions: 1
They’re going to brush this under the carpet and pretend it didn’t happen like they always do. And block and delete anyone who even vaguely questions it. That’s worked for them in the past but more and more people are cottoning on.

It’s pretty pathetic that they look on here for tips about damage limitation

you couldn’t make this tit up! How ever I agree poor safiyah I imagine Bec’s and Lee are probably glued to there phone as we speak. The atmosphere has probably turned sour, she’s probably lying on a couch some where with a blanket and a banging headache. Why not just be up front and honest. Your job is to do P.R work for brands jeeezo!
She's not going to be upfront and honest because the big money comes from being dishonest and pretending an ad isn't an ad.

The infuencer world has been in a bubble. She should have never got a 600k house on just her job. She barely gets any views anyway.

Lee needs to get a job and she needs to stop breaking the rules.

Does anyone remember Mrs M setting her sheep onto room for another? Showed her true colours then. She’s a witch!

Haha.... just seen an instadtory of the other family in the group, the ‘mam-something’ account....it’s the Disney parade......Lee is there in the background staring intently at his phone lol!!!
Screen shot?! Lee has posted here before, no doubt he constantly refreshing.

Get a job Lee.

Reactions: 2
Please tell me more!!! I never had any inkling in the past that Neilson was #spon.
However- this dampens my hope of this dishonesty being quashed if she’s already been caught before and then been allowed to continue.
Several people on the mumsnet threads reported the Neilson holidays. Some people came back onto the threads to say that ASA had told them the holiday was a freebie (not a paid partnership), which hadn't previously been disclosed by the Meldrums but because there was no "control" it wasn't an AD so didn't fall under ASA rules. Obviously it does fall under the CMA rules so should be disclosed as a freebie but ASA have no jurisdiction over that. It is also rubbish because the Meldrums did a takeover of the Neilson page and so clearly there was some element of control but ASA glossed over that for some reason...

I wonder how the Humdrums are going to react to this? I expect ignore and hope it goes away. I want to know who funded Safiyah's birthday trip. If they are saying they were only gifted the VIP Passes who paid for the travel and accommodation? I suspect F&F but how can we find out? Am complaining to Channel Mum as it states on her account collaborations are arranged through them.
I’ve just went on Chanel Mum instan and left s comment about all this bull tit suggest you all do the same, I will also be emailing them, it’s utterly ridiculous. And again I have to stress it’s not the freebie, who cares if there happy pimping there girls out for free tit that’s there schnizzle! It’s the lies and dishonesty. And it’s not a one off. It had also came to light that Lee lied about the helicopter, they lied about the shared owner ship. That just a few.

Reactions: 2
Several people on the mumsnet threads reported the Neilson holidays. Some people came back onto the threads to say that ASA had told them the holiday was a freebie (not a paid partnership), which hadn't previously been disclosed by the Meldrums but because there was no "control" it wasn't an AD so didn't fall under ASA rules. Obviously it does fall under the CMA rules so should be disclosed as a freebie but ASA have no jurisdiction over that. It is also rubbish because the Meldrums did a takeover of the Neilson page and so clearly there was some element of control but ASA glossed over that for some reason...
Rules have changed recently so even if no money has changed hands. If they are gifted something it needs to be declared as an #Ad.

New thread ideas?

Mrs Meldrum 3 - nightmare sponsored holiday in Disneyland and all future ads to be canned

It's the constant lying I think that's got everyone's back up. Yes if they had said we are going on a free hol and taking safiah out of school for a day a few people would have something to say but nothing to this level. I havent watched them in years as she was once so rude to a comment she left on a reply I made, she really showed her true colours then. I'm hoping this is there downfall. Those poor kids

@channelmum friendliest and most honest community ......ummm no!! No you’re not, you’ve bred a vile culture of greed and exploitation! It could and should have been great. Seriously, you need to get fresh blood in and start over.

Rules have changed recently so even if no money has changed hands. If they are gifted something it needs to be declared as an #Ad.
The rules haven't changed, the influencers have just chosen to deliberately ignore/misinterpret them. Mumsnet users have been banging on about gifts for months and months. The ones that do disclose gifts are given a pat on the back for being "so honest" when really they are just doing what ALL of them should be doing already. The influencer guide makes them pretty clear now though so it is harder to ignore the rules now.

Quote on channel mum about mothering your way, they are so full of ? yeah let’s not forget: to mother you need this and that and this holiday etc all plugged by their mummy floggers

It's the constant lying I think that's got everyone's back up. Yes if they had said we are going on a free hol and taking safiah out of school for a day a few people would have something to say but nothing to this level. I havent watched them in years as she was once so rude to a comment she left on a reply I made, she really showed her true colours then. I'm hoping this is there downfall. Those poor kids
They didn’t say anything because they know they are being greedy, taking S out of school again and for a job! They have also got to show the 600k house... that’s going to raise quite s few eyebrows!!!
Even the sheep have got to be thinking how are they doing this?

Lee has blocked me on Instagram, all I did was agree with another comment on FandF. I'm going to bloody miss that chicken nugget, fun house throwback, ooh-ya-laddie ???

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.