Mrs Meldrum #151 less Aspen more Asda

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her chums and mum don’t work because they are all bleeping retired and hanging out at the old folks home or garden centre
That's nearer the truth! 😂
That's why she can spin that line without her nose fecking growing like Princess Pinnochio.

Reactions: 6
The “I’m not going to work because my mum didn’t and my chums don’t” is a ridiculous argument.

There was a time when a lot of mothers didn’t work. Back then it was completely doable to bring up a family on one income.

Now-a-days it’s just not tenable for most families.

For someone who loves money she has a very odd way of achieving her goal to have it.

Reactions: 22
The “I’m not going to work because my mum didn’t and my chums don’t” is a ridiculous argument.

There was a time when a lot of mothers didn’t work. Back then it was completely doable to bring up a family on one income.

Now-a-days it’s just not tenable for most families.

For someone who loves money she has a very odd way of achieving her goal to have it.
My mum was a stay at home mum, my dad had a really good job, we lived in a 4 bed detached, new cars etc. never made me think I shouldn’t work as an adult or that I’d have a similar lifestyle 😳 mind you my mum went back to work when I was a teenager (I’m the youngest) whereas it seems Binnys mum has never even done that 🥴

Reactions: 13
Binny is just a scrounger! She’s tit at her ‘job’ on social media but refuses to give in & get a real job as she makes it obvious that that’s below her! I really hope this ‘influencer’ phase comes to an end soon & she’s forced in to the real world!

Reactions: 11
I really hope she’s not teaching her daughters this. I hope she’s teaching them they can be anything they want to be and never to rely on a man. I doubt it though 🥺

Reactions: 12
I really hope she’s not teaching her daughters this. I hope she’s teaching them they can be anything they want to be and never to rely on a man. I doubt it though 🥺
can you imagine when the girls turn up with a partner from the affordable housing estate. 😂 and want to drink in the park.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think those girls will be looking for as speedy a departure from their homes as possible tbh. They are little equipped for life outside and it's worrying.

Reactions: 16
My mum and dad got divorced after nearly 30 years of marriage. Luckily my mum had a good profession, had always worked and had a decent pension behind her too. What kind of position will Rebecca be in if her and Lee were to split? The best thing my parents ever taught me was never depend on anyone, especially not a man. Always have your own income, savings and be self sufficient. I've been with my partner 15 years, have kids together and very happy. But you just never know what the future holds. Which is why I have a good pension plan and a savings account of my own too.

Reactions: 21
My mum and dad got divorced after nearly 30 years of marriage. Luckily my mum had a good profession, had always worked and had a decent pension behind her too. What kind of position will Rebecca be in if her and Lee were to split? The best thing my parents ever taught me was never depend on anyone, especially not a man. Always have your own income, savings and be self sufficient. I've been with my partner 15 years, have kids together and very happy. But you just never know what the future holds. Which is why I have a good pension plan and a savings account of my own too.
The starting point on divorce will be that she will be entitled to half of the marital assets, including half the home and half of his pension. Child maintenance and spousal maintenance too, if necessary. She could get more than half, as the courts split assets based on who needs them more, so if she has the girls for more than half the time (likely if he works away) then it could be more of a 60/40 or even 70/30 split, as long as Lee is left with enough to house and support himself.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The starting point on divorce will be that she will be entitled to half of the marital assets, including half the home and half of his pension. Child maintenance and spousal maintenance too, if necessary. She could get more than half, as the courts split assets based on who needs them more, so if she has the girls for more than half the time (likely if he works away) then it could be more of a 60/40 or even 70/30 split, as long as Lee is left with enough to house and support himself.
All cos he wanted to dip his pasty nob in a minor oh well how sad

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Still pathetic that she has no way of supporting herself 🤣

Wash your mouth out… She has iNsTaGrAm.
Wouldn't it hurt her big time if she were still the higher earner / main breadwinner and she had to pay Lee? 😂
Happened to a friend of mine, husband dipped his wick elsewhere, they split so my friend being the bigger earner had to pay for a rented flat for the unfaithful git so he had somewhere to host their child when they split and she had the costs of the family home also. Crazy circumstances.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I wouldn’t be so sure that she’s entitled to half etc if they get a divorce. My parents were both well off and both earning, owned 2 houses but my dad had the better lawyer. It took years and years to sort out. Me and my mum were living in a caravan before she could finally buy her own house. Lawyer fees can be crippling especially if one spouse is not willing to give up half their earnings and pension. But knowing Lee, he would just bend over for her.

• Wow
  • Sad
I wouldn’t be so sure that she’s entitled to half etc if they get a divorce. My parents were both well off and both earning, owned 2 houses but my dad had the better lawyer. It took years and years to sort out. Me and my mum were living in a caravan before she could finally buy her own house. Lawyer fees can be crippling especially if one spouse is not willing to give up half their earnings and pension. But knowing Lee, he would just bend over for her.
I agree I was the breadwinner when I got divorced I also had a very good solicitor. My ex husband walked off with nothing apart from a solicitors bill.. I wasn’t letting that cheating bastard have a penny let alone the house 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Half each is the starting point in a 'long' marriage (not if you've only been married five minutes) and it's only departed from if there's a good reason (ie one person's needs are more and that means the other person can't have half).
I'm sorry to hear about your mum, that sounds really tough for you both. I'm not sure when that happened to you, but divorce law and precedent is an ever changing feast. The principle of starting at 50/50 has been established for over 20 years now. It came from the divorce case of White and White in the year 2000, which ruled "spouses are equal parties in a marriage and should share "the fruits of the matrimonial partnership" equally."
(There is no strict definition of a long marriage, but if you've been together 10-15 years or so as Beggy and Lee have, then she will have a good argument that they have a long marriage. They count the years you were living together too, so it's not just the years you were actually married).

Reactions: 6
Ah how lovely for little P being left while she goes shopping with the big 2 - finishing the hols the same way she started them I see…

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.