Mrs Meldrum #15 No Spend Jan, A Tango Filter Tan, Will Anyone Be At Home For The Tesco Man?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if part of the reason Lee has been shelved is that she has realised that a lot of her appeal came from when she was relatable as a genuinely busy (as opposed to what she calls busy now) mum.

Now she has Lee around full time no one other than the sheep are buying the act that she has it tough - he appears to do 90% of the childcare and the cooking. I wonder if she has told him to 'hide' from the vlogs and Instagram as he was ruining her relatable image?
I think Lee has always done 90% even before he participated in vlogs and left his job to become a stay at home dad, she used to struggle all the time when he was offshore but at least back then you could relate to her day in the life videos with young kids and they seemed to do more as a family when he was at home. Her “busy mum of 3 school morning routine” videos these days are laughable, she gets up and makes herself a cup of tea, braids the girls hair and packs them off for school leaving Lee to do the school run and that’s with the cameras rolling! No wonder he’s mentally ill she’s dumped it all on him the day he gave up his job. Hopefully he’s taken the step back himself for his own sake and the girls, but she will be trying to take the reins back on her channel it’s all just a little too late though, the damage has been done.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if part of the reason Lee has been shelved is that she has realised that a lot of her appeal came from when she was relatable as a genuinely busy (as opposed to what she calls busy now) mum.

Now she has Lee around full time no one other than the sheep are buying the act that she has it tough - he appears to do 90% of the childcare and the cooking. I wonder if she has told him to 'hide' from the vlogs and Instagram as he was ruining her relatable image?
I think the horse has bolted on that one!

Whatever has happened behind the scenes with Lee, her channel can never go back to what it was prior to him leaving his off shore job. Too much water has gone under the bridge now and too much damage has been done.
If she is serious about carrying on as an “influencer” then she has to find real, genuine things to film/talk about. She needs to find a new focus. It cannot sustain itself the way it is which is essentially just a shopping channel.
From a business point of view I don’t honestly know what she’s thinking at the moment. It’s such a mess.
Throwing random stuff at it like health/fitness isn’t going to work because it’s not authentic.
I don’t really know what direction she’s going to go with it because ultimately she doesn’t seem to be genuinely interested in anything. She doesn’t seem to have any real hobbies.

Her entire brand has been built on the pregnancy/parenting/mum life thing but it’s now shifted so much, particularly with the departure of Lee that I don’t know if it can recover.

Reactions: 10
Aberdeen to London easy jet on Friday, home Sunday is £110 return!!!
To be fair, the event was somewhere random in the countryside so who knows what the travel cost was. I recently had to get a 14 hour train to Bristol for work as flights from Aberdeen were £400+ and via Schiphol so the journey would’ve been about 10 hours if not more with airport travel, early arrival, security, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Reading the comments on her last few posts it's heart breaking how tit she is making some people feel about themselves. It's also clear these comments get lots of likes, so there are more people feeling inadequate because she is portraying an unobtainable lifestyle and showing off her figure which is smaller than average.

How can anyone be so callous and hard to put wanting likes and comments above how she is making other people feel? I guess she is so self centred she just doesn't see it.

Reactions: 19
How are her adoring fans not in the least bit miffed that over 400 of them have written comments on the swimsuit thread and she has replied to precisely none of them? Some of them sharing heartfelt issues around their own health & fitness. She has grabbed all the compliments & just totally ignored the feelings of her followers. It’s downright nasty

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Totally - really narrow cross section, certainly looks wise. I don’t know them so can’t really comment but a bit of diversity would be great to see. Are they all slim, have long hair & do they all wear full make up daily?
Off topic, but if anyone knows of any mummy bloggers/influencers who are non-white I would love to hear about it! I went looking before Christmas but couldn’t find anyone.

Reactions: 1
Off topic, but if anyone knows of any mummy bloggers/influencers who are non-white I would love to hear about it! I went looking before Christmas but couldn’t find anyone.
Interestingly... there was one a few years ago but she left and quit vlogging altogether. I wonder why!
Was her name Stacey? Channel mum years ago. Mixed race.

Reactions: 4
Candice braithwaite. She's had her moments but generally she's pretty open and clear about #ads etc and often talks about how challenging the whole influencer world can be for women of colour. She's on Instagram - don't know if she has a blog.

Reactions: 4
If you aren’t already, make sure to follow Candice Brathwaite. She’s a mum, she’s an influencer, but she is so much more than an “instamum”. Don’t forget to follow her husband, Papa B as well ??

Wearing vans today to edgy her outfit up, for an author she has the worst grasp of the English language . It would take throwing all her clothes away and starting again if she wants to look the tiniest bit edgy. I only ever see teenagers in vans but she she the mentality of a 13 year old so that's probably why she thinks they are cool.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wearing vans today to edgy her outfit up, for an author she has the worst grasp of the English language . It would take throwing all her clothes away and starting again if she wants to look the tiniest bit edgy. I only ever see teenagers in vans but she she the mentality of a 13 year old so that's probably why she thinks they are cool.
I live in my vans ? but I wear them for comfort, not to “edgy up” my life ?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah I really don’t know why she thinks Vans are so edgy.... literally every 10 year old kid on the high street has a pair!

Maybe if she would let S dress her age instead of dressing her like a 5 year old she would buy her a pair.

Reactions: 10
You know when young girls get caught up on the number on clothing labels so end up wearing unflattering sizes because they don't want to go up a size?
Rebecca seems to have a similar issue but instead she wears unflattering clothing because she's too tight to buy something that suits her figure....those trousers look like clown pants! And again with the Vans to make her "edgy" :rolleyes::rolleyes: they don't work, you're not edgy, you're very very beige and dull darling!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone on the edgy vans and trousers post has asked if it's her family tartan!! ????????????

• Haha
Reactions: 30
You know when young girls get caught up on the number on clothing labels so end up wearing unflattering sizes because they don't want to go up a size?
Rebecca seems to have a similar issue but instead she wears unflattering clothing because she's too tight to buy something that suits her figure....those trousers look like clown pants! And again with the Vans to make her "edgy" :rolleyes::rolleyes: they don't work, you're not edgy, you're very very beige and dull darling!
Those trousers are hideous!!!!
My 85 year old Grandmother has similar ones...!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ohh!! Thank you for the suggestion to follow Candice Braithwaite! She seems like a breath of fresh air & we have a shared Balkan heritage ?

Does Joanie clothing sell anything or just gift all their stock?

Also noticed she hasn't used #gifted instead wrote it at the end of the text can't help but think this is another way of trying to hide it as I always look at the # before I read/like something to see if it's an AD/ gifted it just always feels like she's trying to mislead it's annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.