Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

stuffata

The swimsuit picture is so upsetting!!

As a working mum the biggest barrier to excercise is time.

My kids are in nursery to facilitate my needing to work...because i work i want to spend every none working minute with them and could never leave them with a babysitter just so i could excercise.i also couldn't justify the cost when i already have to Pay child care costs to work.
My husband works full time and gets home at 8 every evening.

Add to that the levels of pure exhaustion of being a 'real' working mother of 3.

Mrs meldrum doesn't work, she is a mum without doing any of the work....shopping, child care, cooking all done by her husband. Her parents support her fanacially.

She lives in a different world where time, energy and finances support her ability to look the way the does.

Her lifestyle is so unrelatable i might as well be looking at a kardasian......but what makes it upsetting is SHE is telling me that she is just like me....SHE is selling herself as a busy mum of 3...

Major rant, i hope this makes sense...i'm just trying to articolate why the swimsuit picture is upsetting for women like me.

Can't believe 8000 people liked it:rolleyes:

Thank goodness for tattle and freedom of speech!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
I just wanted to say hi to all the newbies, whether you're silent or whether you've posted. And to say please don't feel upset or embarrassed if you've been drawn into the unessecary sales / unattainable lifestyle trap. Many of us have, myself included.

It's been suggested that we are 15 twats / dickheads on this site. All we really are is a bunch of men / women that feel aggreaved that items are being incorrectly advertised and are not complient with advertising guidelines.
The target audience (the majority of which are young Mums) are watching a day in the life of another young Mum for support and solidarity but are just being given misleading advertisments and untrue gushing reviews about products that are being pushed. It's a while new 'salesman' approach and it's morally very questionable.

This isn't real life, it's all so false and people are being made to feel inadequate or like they're failing somehow for not having such a 'perfect' set up.

It's also morally very questionable about the children's involvement in all of this. The children have no say over what images or footage of them goes out online. Their safely is often put at risk with all the over sharing of information. The Internet is not a safe place.

Sorry, I didn't intent to write so much. I just wanted to say hello and welcome the newbies. This forum exists because people have tried to make contact with real, genuine concerns over all of the above but have been blocked / deleted repeatedly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Mummy442

VIP Member
She never wants to make new friends. She just wants her Reb approved pals to attend so she doesn’t have to make any effort.
Years ago when I was pregnant with my second we were both on the same birth board on babycentre. Some of the admin arranged, for those who wanted to, to get a ‘buddy’ from the same area so you could meet up/chat. You had to sign up for it and I was buddied up with Mrs m. I messaged her to introduce myself and arrange a coffee - she was on holiday but said she d message on her return. When she did she said she did nt want to meet as she “had enough friends already”!! I always thought that was an odd thing to say! I hope I m still making new friends all through my life ?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

yepmetoo

Long time lurker on these threads after seeing the light. I’ve followed Mrs Meldrum for a long time plus a handful of other well known ‘mummy influencers’ and the effect on my mental health (not to mention my bank balance) has been terrible.

It’s all very well Mrs M’s followers coming on here to defend her and call people out on the so called bullying of her but what about the vulnerable mums she has conned into buying endless amount of tat to try and keep up? Bobbi Brown lipsticks, next jumpers, joules boots, Prams, holidays abroad, the latest furniture, prints, toys.. the list is endless and for the mums like myself that look at this lifestyle and can’t help but want it for themselves, well it’s a very slippery slope.

There is a very dark side to instagram that needs exposing. I’ve now stopped looking at the mums on Instagram as if their lifestyles are something that’s attainable - it’s not and I can’t tell you how much better I feel for it.

Reactions: 49

WiKi

Ok, I’ll try to create something over the weekend and post it here next week if anyone wants to send something.

And for those who love to troll this site (because yes, that’s what you do!). No I haven’t got anything better to do this weekend, my son is with his dad, I don’t work weekends, my house is clean, I don’t have any gifted holidays to go on and I haven’t made any plans because I like the odd quiet weekend alone

• Haha
Reactions: 44
M

Member 177

I bashed one out quickly.

What a belter!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I just wanted to say hi to all the newbies, whether you're silent or whether you've posted. And to say please don't feel upset or embarrassed if you've been drawn into the unessecary sales / unattainable lifestyle trap. Many of us have, myself included.

It's been suggested that we are 15 twats / dickheads on this site. All we really are is a bunch of men / women that feel aggreaved that items are being incorrectly advertised and are not complient with advertising guidelines.
The target audience (the majority of which are young Mums) are watching a day in the life of another young Mum for support and solidarity but are just being given misleading advertisments and untrue gushing reviews about products that are being pushed. It's a while new 'salesman' approach and it's morally very questionable.

This isn't real life, it's all so false and people are being made to feel inadequate or like they're failing somehow for not having such a 'perfect' set up.

It's also morally very questionable about the children's involvement in all of this. The children have no say over what images or footage of them goes out online. Their safely is often put at risk with all the over sharing of information. The Internet is not a safe place.

Sorry, I didn't intent to write so much. I just wanted to say hello and welcome the newbies. This forum exists because people have tried to make contact with real, genuine concerns over all of the above but have been blocked / deleted repeatedly.
Hello - I’m a silent one that loves reading all the honest and usually very entertaining comments! You guys never let me down!! In a serious note I am in agreement with the majority of what is said ??? wow - that’s my first post done ....

• Heart
Reactions: 40

anony mouse

Chatty Member

I'm just going to leave this here for the next troll that asks if I have nothing better to do. Yeah judging dishonest people is my hobby and I really dgaf what any of her flock have to say.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

flyingbuttress

Hahaha you are all crazy obsessed women with nothing better to do than speak in a forum (daily) about someone you A. Don’t know or B. Do know and are extremely jealous of. Why don’t you do something more productive with your lives if you feel a certain way about her don’t watch her videos/unfollow. What a sad world we live in when a group of jealous mums come online to disect someone else’s life. If you don’t agree with things she does don’t watch her. Jesus Christ go do something better with your time life is way too short. Personally I feel you are all jealous because she gets free sh*t and use don’t x

Honestly hun, if we’ve said it once we’ve said it 4256 times. I’m not a mum. I started to get wound up when my best friend, a 25 year old mum of two who’s gone through PND started to question her own parenting/life because of the idyllic bullshit that people like the Meldrums perpetuate. I’m local to her and enjoyed her content but it is making vulnerable people such as but not limited to new mums/young mum/mums feel like SHIT and that is not okay. I speak out about this in the same way that I speak out about beauty bloggers showing perfect (fake) skin, fashion showing perfect (photoshopped) bodies. I’m here because mental health is important and Mrs Meldrum is damaging to others. X

• Heart
M

Member 177

Best not forget The Lady of The House

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

Razzledazzle

The absolutely sham of no spend January has pulled me out of the shadows (where I’ve been since DLP debacle) to finally post. I’m raging at the absolute irresponsibility of gathering followers saying she would be not spending in January. And now showering those people with posts about how much she’s spending. And now we read she had a McDonald’s last night. It’s a joke. And it’s damaging to people. Reb - you clearly read here on a daily basis - think about the impact you’re having on vulnerable people. Please.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Molly123

The fact she’s asking ‘would you like a separate account for fitness’ is a joke. It shows it’s a conscious content decision and not a natural reflection of what her passion is. I take my fitness seriously. I’m also a mum to a one year old and work full time. It’s bloody hard and exhausting. However I’m not really interested in some flaky lame arse who’s been to the gym twice and eaten a few chickpeas giving me any tips or inspiration thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

WiKi

There’s not many comments on most of her posts so all these people telling her how great her videos are, asking where her clothes are from and sycophantically agreeing with every word out of her mouth must be DM’s which SHE DOESN’T EVEN OPEN. She’s full of shit!

Complaining to the ASA doesn’t seem to have any effect so if I were to write a template complaint letter/email to Channel Mum how many of you would be interested in sending it in? Now I’m not saying this because I want to ruin her career, I don’t think she’s capable of earning money any other way and I wouldn’t want the girls to suffer, but she’s not being held accountable for her pathetically stupid decisions and lies and that needs to change

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Stabby the unicorn

Sounds exactly what I would expect a taster session for ten pounds to look like. Can’t understand why she’s not mentioning any of the local ski centres to her. I know the snow is not always reliable but there should be some snow cover soon. And are ski lessons an absolute necessity at the beginning, surely Lee and/or Rebecca could have sufficed for the first few goes? Instead of heading up to one of their local ski centres once the snow arrives for a fun day out in authentic resort it’s like they have decided the skiing must happen immediately! Can’t wait for the horse riding to resume!
You know what princess Rebecca is like. I want it and I want it now!

• Haha
  • Heart
M

Member 1682

Also
How gullible/stupid are these morons commenting on her bedroom photo?

“Oh wow, you’ve done so much to it since you’ve moved in! I love your style! You’ve got such an eye for interiors!”

WHAT?!!!
SHE DOESNT CHOOSE OR BUY ANYTHING YOU ABSOLUTE IDIOTS! ITS A BLOODY ADVERT FOR OAK FURNITURE LAND & NEXT!!!!

God! Get a grip!!!!!

• Haha

Ems55

Chatty Member
Someone on the edgy vans and trousers post has asked if it's her family tartan!! ????????????

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Catwoman

VIP Member
Friday! Yay!

How quickly we outgrew that last thread!

I'm feeling different today.. ? Nothing has happened, but yesterday I noticed the mental (metal) barrier had shifted and then loads of sheep escaped! ... I let my guard down! duh!

No matter. Today I'm up at and them, shifted nothing other than my bowels. Not eaten breakfast, #ad #grinolashit #fruitnfibre... School run, gym, yoga... Cracked one out in the office. Oh, my outfit of the day is my troll cloak #gifted #Ad, not showing you anything else as it doesn't make me money....

MrsM if you're reading this... The 2 days after today your child has no school, then has to return. Got it? Maybe right it down on your planner you cant remember where it came from.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
M

Member 1682

Thread #16: Mrs M loves checkpeas and a good ramming, she’s bashing one out but what is Lee planning?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29