Mrs Meldrum #149 shopping in H&M just like the norm, should have just gone to Binnydorm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haha oh what culture they will have soaked up at the AI buffet and then strolling round H&M in Dubai mall…
But they saw a camel and went dune buggying? Mother admitted she didn't come out of the resort.... They didn't eat the local food and hardly saw anyone in other than 'western dress', (Lee making the comment that some people had little on... Know where his eyes have been peeled then 😂).... It's all OK though as S is really good at languages and learns all of them wherever they go. 🤥

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Honesty, they would not be able to afford it on Lee’s potential salary out there.
As an example my BIL was high up in the UK in construction projects and got headhunted out there. His new company did a special rental deal for property on the Palm (sorry the Meldrums avoided this area) and got a huge discount. Even then the 2 bed flat was £48k per annum, so £4k was taken from his salary every month. They had to furnish the flat top to bottom, buy a car etc so £++++ straight away.
They don’t have young children, but there is no state education in Dubai. Think the last time they told me the cost it was at least £10k plus per child per annum. If Lee could even get £100k per annum tax free (which I would doubt), straight away £78k at least is accounted for straight away. Not much left over to enjoy the very expensive cost of living in Dubai.
Unlikely that Rebecca would be allowed to get a job out there, I know my sister couldn’t. That suited her right down to the ground, but the wives she hung about with - so far up their own arse that they were covered in 💩. Mind you, that would suit Rebecca impression of herself 🥴
I don’t think lee would make it to Dubai but other UAE are hiring and the wages are good. My neighbour is out there on a contract just now and he’s not far infront of Lee. O&G is booming just now away from the North Sea.
---
But they saw a camel and went dune buggying? Mother admitted she didn't come out of the resort.... They didn't eat the local food and hardly saw anyone in other than 'western dress', (Lee making the comment that some people had little on... Know where his eyes have been peeled then 😂).... It's all OK though as S is really good at languages and learns all of them wherever they go. 🤥
I saw a camel a few months ago while I was passing Scotch corner! Does that count?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I wouldn’t describe myself as lazy but my get up and go takes a while to get going. I love being by myself and have been known to take a day off so I can be alone and chill…but I also appreciate having a job I enjoy, I feel like I’m contributing to society and I just can’t imagine not working. I think I’m quite good at seeing things from other people’s perspective but I just can’t get why she thinks her life is so amazing.

I too think deep down she’s really unhappy and I suspect she’s envious of her chums and probably her sister too (or maybe especially her sister, seeing as she doesn’t have kids). When she says she’s at the gym for a coffee with pals, I think she’s there alone and she just doesn’t want to be in the freezing cold, money draining ‘home’ that she wishes they didn’t buy

Reactions: 20
I wouldn’t describe myself as lazy but my get up and go takes a while to get going. I love being by myself and have been known to take a day off so I can be alone and chill…but I also appreciate having a job I enjoy, I feel like I’m contributing to society and I just can’t imagine not working. I think I’m quite good at seeing things from other people’s perspective but I just can’t get why she thinks her life is so amazing.

I too think deep down she’s really unhappy and I suspect she’s envious of her chums and probably her sister too (or maybe especially her sister, seeing as she doesn’t have kids). When she says she’s at the gym for a coffee with pals, I think she’s there alone and she just doesn’t want to be in the freezing cold, money draining ‘home’ that she wishes they didn’t buy
She seems to lead an empty life.
Does/did her mother work? I wonder what sort of examples she had from the females in her life. I’m only refer to gender in that way because that is how binny see it - pink/blue jobs, men should work etc.
---
Very poor grammar there - rushing as I have to leave for work shortly!

Reactions: 6
She seems to lead an empty life.
Does/did her mother work? I wonder what sort of examples she had from the females in her life. I’m only refer to gender in that way because that is how binny see it - pink/blue jobs, men should work etc.
---
Very poor grammar there - rushing as I have to leave for work shortly!
From what I picked up on the threads, I think she may have been a ‘Kippie Lodge Wife’ and Binny’s dad probably earned a lot more money than Lee so she didn’t have to work. The fact Binny thinks showing pictures of her young daughters is a better alternative to her getting a job just blows my mind

Reactions: 16
I’m getting visions of S as Matilda in the 1996 movie and Binny as Danny DeVito including the short stature and bad hair dye job 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m getting visions of S as Matilda (with languages instead of magic) and Binny and Lee as her parent 😂
They definitely talk fairy tales a lot of the time. Well she does, the podcast and him questioning her gives it away. You can hear the pause around some of the corkers she comes out with, occasionally you can almost hear him thinking.... Wtf are you going on about? 😂

Reactions: 7
I don’t think lee would make it to Dubai but other UAE are hiring and the wages are good. My neighbour is out there on a contract just now and he’s not far infront of Lee. O&G is booming just now away from the North Sea.
---

I saw a camel a few months ago while I was passing Scotch corner! Does that count?
Oh I live near those camels lol. Im soooo well travelled haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I would be cancelling my gym membership and going to jazz after all this time and I still looked like a flump in my clothes

Reactions: 6
Poor P.... with a mother like that. Why is she deluding herself that she can homeschool for even one day a week and let's face it only the 2 weeks when Lee is offshore? She hated homeschooling in lockdown, has no respect for school or teachers and can't stand her kids.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
She’s in charge of flexi learning if her child but has to ask the internet to help her sort it out with the school? Is she incapable of doing anything?

Reactions: 15
She's bleeping delusional. That's to suit her not her child! Imagine taking your child out even more than she does from school?

Great comments from her followers but she'll not listen. She knows it all.

Reactions: 13
So Binny - a woman who has never really spoken about her qualifications and has never worked a day in her life, who thinks camels roam about the ‘normal’ beaches in Dubai and who used to lock her kids in their rooms rather than teaching them during lockdown - thinks she’s the best person to home school a child she can’t be arsed with? Or will Poppy again be locked in her room again and told to crack on with her homework?

I’m pleased some comments are saying that a Friday is better for Poppy in terms of her overall learning but that’s not Binny’s motivation so she’ll jump on the ones saying she should appeal it

Reactions: 19
Also this is the Beggy that on her latest podcast said they were having a Scottish Summer by going to Yorkshire.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.