Mrs Meldrum #119 The thread that’s as dead as her “career”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly feel I’m might go to b&M buy the tape and post it to her! Hate the idea of it being the one thing she’s asked for and doesn’t get
And she could even get her a pretty one if she really cared
61213B52-5D1E-4D4F-8C35-F009B9D483ED.jpeg
41860153-7547-43AA-B6CA-81BEE8C95792.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Don’t get me wrong, there’s some great gifts and they are super lucky girls. Some children would dream of a pile of presents like that. But it’s the lack of love that’s gone into it for me. Lack of individuality. The little details. That’s what I love about buying for my two.

Reactions: 19
I hate Mrs M but I actually appreciated her posting not a massive living room filled with boxes that will remain untouched most of the year, it was refreshing. Just a shame there was no thought at all in the gifts, nothing individual to one child that they would love. Just general “tat” that could easily be swapped between any of the girls

There was no personality or thought gone into those gifts at all, just different versions of the same things. My 10 year old would be baffled if she got the same as her 7 year old sibling, let alone the youngest one. The odd things they put on their Christmas list are what makes Christmas memories. My middle one asked for dog chews last Christmas so she could give them to our dog. Seeing her face when she opened dog chews and give them to our dog was the best. Sadly her girls will remember their stuff being identical, not the fun quirky stuff.

Its the lack of thought that gets me. I LOVE buying stuff for my kids! 2 of them are adults with their own kids and they all get stockings and so do my son in laws! They love it. This year I found Disney Face masks in Boots- obvs theyre aimed at young kids but i got my 2 their fave Disney character (from their childhood) face masks!
When they were little I’d think of things they’d really like and buy the silly things like tape or glittery hair ties that they’d put on their list. Just to see their faces light up made me day!

For Beggy its like buying for the kids is a chore that has to be ticked off her non existent to do list as fast as possible so she can get home to sit on her arse with a hot cup of tea and snog the dog.

For someone who has 3 kids shes not got a maternal bone in her body.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I hate Mrs M but I actually appreciated her posting not a massive living room filled with boxes that will remain untouched most of the year, it was refreshing. Just a shame there was no thought at all in the gifts, nothing individual to one child that they would love. Just general “tat” that could easily be swapped between any of the girls
I dislike her too but don’t be fooled - she would have had no problem posting piles of presents if they had been #gifted!

Reactions: 24
Its the lack of thought that gets me. I LOVE buying stuff for my kids! 2 of them are adults with their own kids and they all get stockings and so do my son in laws! They love it. This year I found Disney Face masks in Boots- obvs theyre aimed at young kids but i got my 2 their fave Disney character (from their childhood) face masks!
When they were little I’d think of things they’d really like and buy the silly things like tape or glittery hair ties that they’d put on their list. Just to see their faces light up made me day!

For Beggy its like buying for the kids is a chore that has to be ticked off her non existent to do list as fast as possible so she can get home to sit on her arse with a hot cup of tea and snog the dog.

For someone who has 3 kids shes not got a maternal bone in her body.
that sounds so lovely, your family are very lucky

my mother now asks me what id like for Christmas. I suggest something small, maybe a luxury lipstick. She’ll buy it online to my address, and request I buy her something (usually bigger) and have it ordered to her.

it’s very clinical and sad. I’d rather she just not ask me and post me something small and thoughtful she picked out.

I usually wrap the presents she sends via Amazon anyway to make it slightly more Christmassy. I don’t really chose to spend Christmas with her anymore, unsurprisingly.

the girls will will happy at those presents but sad too. They won’t be able to say anything because that would make them ungrateful. I feel so sad for them. My mother also continued to buy me items for Christmas that I’d long grown out of. IMO Rebecca had children far too early, with the first guy that came along. She should’ve waited until she had some life experience instead of diving into the SAHM life way before her time, that has caused resentment and disconnect from her kids.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I also find it a bit bad taste when there are people living quite near to her who after almost a week still have no power or water and Rebecca is sat on her flat arse with a hot cup of tea boasting about wrapping Christmas presents.

I also find it a bit bad taste when there are people living quite near to her who after almost a week still have no power or water and Rebecca is sat on her flat arse with a hot cup of tea boasting about wrapping Christmas presents.
That post about her ‘political rant over’ and being away to wrap presents is Classic Begs. As someone pointed out earlier (sorry I can’t remember who), a legit follower has probably politely disagreed with her about her post so that’s the end of that matter. She never fails to make herself look like a twit. I would hate to be so ignorant to what’s going right under my nose.

@that1 I totally understand where you’re coming from. It’s not the same thing at all but any time from early November, my MIL will tell me what her and my FIL want for Christmas and it really rips my knitting. I enjoy picking and giving presents and without sounding like a Becky Big Balls, I’m thoughtful and make sure I get things people will like. From my son’s first Christmas I have got them a personalised calendar and she even says “and of course, our calendar”. I get disproportionately angry about it 🤬

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Did any of the locals hear the thistle window xmas ad? It was mentioning someone's letter to Santa as they wanted new doors, windows, house extension and something else. My first thought was they had managed to get hold of Beggy's xmas list. I was chuckling so much my OH asked if I was ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't like that Christmas has become for some an excuse to brag look how much I spend, how much I love my Bairns I am not religious to me Christmas is about being with your family and giving gifts because you love them and want to do it.
Rebecca fails becayse her kids bore he, cause her hassle, interfere with her me time we only know this because she chooses to share this online calling Poppy feral moaning continuously about parenting, I don't think she ought to spend loads £££ although she does spend £££ on herself so maybe a little more for the kidsvand a little less for her would be nice and what most parents do.more time and effort on the girls she chose to have, a lot more effort in her real job as a sahm get a job instead of begging be a better example to her girls donate a little to those in genuine need let the girls help teach them the value of giving time or gifts to those less fortunate.
Christmas spirit completely lost on folk like beggy.

Reactions: 4
Which company is it that Lee works for? Shell have announced they are pulling out of Cambo oil field.

Oil and Gas seems a very volatile industry to be in right now.

It is very volatile. Continual reorganisations and redundancies. Someone here said Lee is on the buzzard platform operated by cnooc but I imagine he's a contractor, not staff.

Reactions: 3
Am on the train on route to my works Xmas
Night out! Just thought beggy has never an Xmas work night out cause she has never had a bloody job 😱

Reactions: 12
Didn’t realise her YT was still kicking about. That passed some time I’ll never get back!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It is very volatile. Continual reorganisations and redundancies. Someone here said Lee is on the buzzard platform operated by cnooc but I imagine he's a contractor, not staff.
Hense why he looks so old and stressed. Huge mortgage for a house which will be hard to sell, 3 kids and a lazy arsed wife who refuses to get a job and pissed up the gravy train that was her youtube/Influencer career.

Reactions: 17
Didn’t realise her YT was still kicking about. That passed some time I’ll never get back!
I just watched the vlog where she swaps the rooms about and lee’s face when he walks in the room kills me he didn’t realise she was filming 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.