Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blackdog

That clip with the wall mounted tv, why is it on the wonk? I assume the tv is a rectangle so are the brick slips on a slope or is the chimney not at a 90 degree angle, so annoying.

Reactions: 3

lalala88

I haven’t read much of the Hinch threads, but is it not obvious to everybody that her and Ron are autistic? Because as an autistic adult, it is strikingly obvious to me…
It's hard to know as we don't know whether Ron's speech for example would have developed further had he had a mum who was more responsive to him

Reactions: 3

lola_90

💯. So many people are self diagnosing as adults, particularly on social media, desperate for a label. Thing is with ND they can then say there's nothing they can do to change or adapt so that's why they're desperate for this label.
I don’t think you will meet many people who are autistic or have adhd who want to label themselves. They might be desperate to have a diagnosis, so that they can begin to understand themselves and move forward. Especially with children, if they need an ehcp etc.
View attachment 2393497

I can't work out lalala88 and cheekster - which is soph and freda, I'm presuming they're sat next to each other cackling their heads off
Nothing to work out. Just a woman who is autistic trying to educate other people about a neurodevelopmental condition, that the majority of people who seem to have commented tonight know nothing about.✌🏼

Attachments

Reactions: 2

Cheekster

With respect maybe it's making it difficult for you to read between the lines and detect when someone is being deceptive. Sometimes people show us a side to themselves and we can't always take it at face value. We know this is the case because she is inconsistent. Plus lots of people who are autistic have lots of friends and lots also thrive in school because they can mimic and become better with social cues. Sofas parenting is inconsistent and Ronnie may thrive from the consistent attention he receives from teachers for example.
They don’t become better with social clues, they often just make themselves ill trying to fit in. I’ve seen snippets of when she has done book signings etc, and I stand by the fact (in my opinion) that she’s autistic. If I’m wrong, I’ll stand corrected, but it isn’t something that I’ve called wrong before.

Reactions: 2

Cheekster

I didn't respond to you, I responded to Lola_90 which has just confirmed you two are probably sat on the same sofa together trying to defend the shitshow that is Hinch!
I can’t pretend that I’m not extremely amused that you think that 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Cheekster

Yeah she literally told us her jobs earlier were waitressing, sales, recruitment and hairdressing. These are not jobs for the so called antisocial. You wouldn't go for these jobs if you struggled in social settings, quite the opposite.
not the case. If you don’t know that you’re autistic, you spend your time desperately trying to fit in, to be like everybody else. It isn’t until years later, that everything clicks into place and you realise how much you were acting/masking.

I personally have never been an autistic person who has ever tried to fit in, or worked social jobs etc, but I know that many have and do. Very few people are as self aware as I am, and it will likely be very self affirming if Hinch discovers that she is indeed autistic.
---
Maybe your experience is of making yourself ill to fit in but that's not all autistic people's experiences.
Do you know her personally as you seem very sure?
No, I just know a ND person when I see one 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Trillian

I don't remember the no bathroom restriction.
I did a dig around and forgot that it had refused permission for the garage with store over, but they resubmitted removing the store and were approved with the condition it's use is ancillary and not as a business/living space.
I'm wondering if she doesn't show it now because it's not supposed to be there and they could get into trouble? I don't know planning law, would the council even bother to inspect if it's been used that way for a while?

Attached the condition of approval:
View attachment 2393006
I believe it's up to 10 years. The below is from the gov.uk website. The council would need to be 'tipped off' about the change of use to start an investigation.

What are the time limits for taking enforcement action?
In most cases, development becomes immune from enforcement if no action is taken:

• within 4 years of substantial completion for a breach of planning control consisting of operational development;
  • within 4 years for an unauthorised change of use to a single dwellinghouse;
  • within 10 years for any other breach of planning control (essentially other changes of use).
These time limits are set out in section 171B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.