Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So with regards to school for R next Sept... he already has diagnosed speech, language and communication needs. If he's going to mainstream primary in September, the school will prefer it if he has an EHCP so they have the funding they need for the extra support - although he seems to be doing a lot better (massive improvement in S&L, no doubting that!) and managing most self-care needs, so the support required won't be huge. The family may well have been advised to go through the autism diagnostic pathway in advance of him starting school regardless of whether he's going private or state. In their position, I would probably keep him private for now, least disruptive for him in terms of transition to school. Reception is mostly play anyway so it won't be much different to what he is doing at the moment.

Reactions: 2

Pergola

VIP Member
Ron’s hearing was checked, Soph said it was fine and then she said his glue ear had resolved itself. You know - the glue ear that he hadn’t had because his hearing was fine…..

She even shared photos of him in his hearing test 🙄

Here you go x

Thank you!
I will have a little look at that! X

• Heart

Ginoclock

You can request to defer your child’s school place but the school has to agree to it.
IMG_2890.jpeg
IMG_2891.jpeg

• Wow

brainwashednomore

Chatty Member
Yeah I got both but haven't used them yet. Will do when I need to fill the washing machine dispenser again!
Maybe just my store that doesn’t sell it then. My mum is always at the bigger M&S in the next town to us, I’ll get her on the mission to find it for me!!
mot smells so good when it comes out of the machine, more subtle once it’s dried but you can still smell it xx

xxDimplesxx

That’s really interesting. I wonder if our county was far behind or if your LEA was just way ahead. I remember doing a statement for a boy - never a mention of autism.
Inner London education authority always was ahead of the game because it had loads of money pumped into it! Lots of MP’s children educated by them!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1

LurkeyMcLurk

VIP Member

AllieBee

VIP Member
my fave was the green but it didnt have the matching fabric softener to go with it so I went for the lavender. My sons football kits smell amazing although I’m sure he won’t agree 😂😂 Do they do the green fabric softener to go with the green one?? Xx
Yeah I got both but haven't used them yet. Will do when I need to fill the washing machine dispenser again!

Zofloragirl

VIP Member
I started teaching 20 years before that and I have to say I always had an awareness of autism etc. In fact I had my own child assessed for things in the early 90’s. Didn’t get anywhere mind til later on but there was an awareness in the teaching profession but maybe it depended on where you worked. I was in inner city London and ILEA was very on the ball. In all my years in the profession I only had one parent who wouldn’t accept that there was something different with their child but in the end did.
That’s really interesting. I wonder if our county was far behind or if your LEA was just way ahead. I remember doing a statement for a boy - never a mention of autism.