Mrs Hinch #573 Moving house, but what's the hurry? Time to stop for a secret McFlurry.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right Soph love, you say fox proofed 2x over. Here are your problem areas:

View attachment 1495297 View attachment 1495298
Foxes will dig under the fence and hedge through these two gaps.

View attachment 1495300
View attachment 1495301
It is very clear you haven't installed this fencing properly. It's bucked and bent already. A fox will have no issue identifying a weak point and squeezing under. It also doesn't look like you've dug it down or laid any brick/concrete to deter digging under.

View attachment 1495305
A fox will have no problem scaling this ~4ft hedge and post rail fence.

I'm not pointing this out as a troll, just as someone who doesn't want the carnage that comes with a fox in a hen enclosure.
Just as rats can easily climb over and eat all the food. She hasn't a scooby Doo

Reactions: 16
Far too much food for 3 hens you friggin bellend and corn will make them overheat in this weather. AGAIN she has gone completely over the top because she has more money than sense and she actually couldn't give a flying duck about the animals; its all for content. I have been rescuing ex batts for years and all they want and need initially is food, water and to be left alone not be screeched at by this bleeping lunatic. I wish people would stop letting her have animals, she's not capable and her treatment of them is bordering on cruelty.
Edited to add
She will be bloody screeching when she finds her first rat which will not be long with the amount of food she is putting out!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
We clear up all the food every evening and put it in a lidded container.
Soph has put the food out the day before they alledgedly arrive 🙄
She's going to learn the hard way, let's hope she doesn't take the kids down to see the carnage🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I’m in a village but it’s not exactly rural (it really should be classed as a small town with the amount of bloody houses being built now), I’m a stone’s throw from a motorway and it’s not really quiet here and I’ve had to stop feeding the birds as we’ve had rats in the garden. Pretty sure the fuckers are actually nesting under my shed.

They will stop at nothing to get food and what was just one occasional 🐀 quickly became two and then babies… so my lovely wild birds are missing out.

Good luck Soph…
I had to stop feeding the birds when I got mice in my house, bloody nightmare but killed 6 of the little fuckers then when we pulled up a few paving slabs in order to move the shed we found a nest and a mouse run, sorted them out to but that was just from some bird food, the rats around her 'farm' will already be waiting to get in that coop

Reactions: 12
That chicken coop is nice. I have to give her it. They'll have a better space than the poor alpacas who are in a tiny space and it's cruel as tit. But it still doesn't mean she's suitable for chickens, she shouldn't be having them, end of.

I know nothing about chickens though. Is it fox proofed enough? I know foxes are so unbelievably clever and sly

Reactions: 21
Well at least we've warned TBHT. If these get eaten hopefully no more will be allowed😏

Reactions: 10
I can see these hens going to the hen people fairly soon.
" we just couldn't cope with the rats guyyyssshhh and risk Lon and Ren getting and nasty diseases "

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Good luck Soph. My friend who has an actual farmhouse has chickens & guard dogs roaming the property, didn’t scare or stop the foxes until one of the dogs killed a fox. Anything for ig content & to portray a disney life, even though we know it’s the complete opposite

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.