Mrs Hinch #456 Soph is currently the only melt in Greggs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How sad that she’s looking for help from an app for her sons speech needs. Do you think she realises a world exists outside of that bleeping surgically attached phone?? Forget about trying to get a house like your tend best bubs and spend the money helping your boy instead.
Apparently they're both following each other so let's see if its an AD🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 24
How sad that she’s looking for help from an app for her sons speech needs. Do you think she realises a world exists outside of that bleeping surgically attached phone?? Forget about trying to get a house like your tend best bubs and spend the money helping your boy instead.
There are apps that you can use for speech but it’s important to work out where the language issues are. Like it’s pointless using an app that’s aimed at understanding language if the problem is how he expresses himself or struggles to

also massive note that these apps should be used alongside other intervention and they can’t work alone

Reactions: 31
The clue is in the question hinch .. she’s been “enquiring” ... why doesn’t she make actual bookings with private facilities if she doesn’t want to wait ?!
I remember her being worried Ron wasn’t crawling because he was behind on the milestone, but she always had him in containers (just like she does with Lennie) it seems she only ever acts when it’s very late and very obviously an issue.
so the “there” video was clearly fake !! How does she sleep at night !!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It must be different in areas across the UK because my daughter is 2.5 years old and she’s had help/having help from the HV, her nursery, SALT, A paediatrician and portage. She is on the pathway as well so I’m not sure if that’s why. I agree there is no magic wand but she should be able to get some advice? Her post implies she’s getting none which is very odd. I think she’s only recently realised there’s a problem and she isn’t getting the help quick enough for her standards.

As a mam I can’t understand why you’d lie about your child’s speech. It’s a tit thing to do.
Yes definitely is. Salt will intervene here to but asd is not diagnosed before like age 4 here.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The timing of this supposed "heartfelt" story is so insincere. She knows full well that she's had an absolute shitshow of a week and is being talked about for all the wrong reasons sooooooo why not play her trump card (that in all honesty she's probably been dying to post for ages cos she knew she'd royally duck up sometime) and claw back a load of sympathy and arselicky messages 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ if she doesn't end up losing followers now for being a complete two-faced liar ,happily telling the world her son could talk and a faking a video of him apparently talking, amongst other lies about his speech ,then I don't think anything ever will. It should make the sheep question everything now 🤔🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 21
I'm sorry but with all that money she can afford to go private to get help. Why say he can speak perfectly well when he cant and that's ok if he cant.
29 months no hes 2 hun 🤣🤣🤣
I am a SALT and would say private help is fine to carry out a treatment plan once a diagnosis is made. It is extremely unhelpful I would go as far as saying in some cases detrimental to start off with private treatment for an undiagnosed issue.
Diagnosis requires a multi disciplinary approach and the full assessment may take quite some time.
During this time the child's age will always be referred to in months, never years because a 25 month old child is 2yrs but so is a 35 month old. It goes without saying that the development stage of each is very different.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Why on earth would she not actually google and see what slts do?

honestly she’s on another planet.

duck sake, your son clearly is struggling with all areas of his speech, receptive expressive social ! Go and bloody read about it yourself instead of relying on your huns who can barely spell their own name!
I completely agree with all of your post!

This bit here though is easily answered.
She'll never help her own son on her own free will, she gets more attention and engagement by asking the Huns.

She can't have Ronnie taking up her much needed attention from anyone. She has to steal that from him and make it about herself.
She will be incapable of putting his needs before hers because the narcissist in her won't allow it. She'll want the sympathy and support before Ronnie gets any, and in her mind she's spent a few weeks trying stuff but he won't grasp it.
It won't occur to her that she has to invest months and years and give up her own wants and needs to help him.

If she really wanted him to get help then she wouldn't have lied and would spend her wealth and Home Bargain haul money on getting him help, and most importantly keep him and Lonnie private.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
hE’s twEntYniNe mONtHS oLd he’s 2 babes. Funny her posting this after The Folding Lady posted on the same topic (in an eloquent and lovely way I might add- she’s class). I feel for ole Hinchy a bit for the first time in my life because worrying about your child like that is not a nice feeling. That said, she’s missed the mark again because it comes across like SHE’s not happy with the situation and SHE wants to hear him talk and SHE ‘doesn’t seem to be getting anywhere’ etc. No mention of how will help him communicate or how wonderful he is regardless etc. I imagine she just wants to be flooded with ‘Soph my boy didn’t talk until he was 3 and now he doesn’t stop. You’re doing amazing hun’ messages to make her feel better. The rest of us don’t rely on ego massages from strangers, we get on the wait lists and do all we can at home while we wait. We dont have buckets of money (earned by the child themselves come to think of it- it’s Ronnie’s wages hun, spend them on him) to book private sessions. Why is her solution to get an app anyway? Put. The. Phone. Down. Also a quick glance of that page says you can do a free trial so yeah- do that if you’re into it (or does she only get things from companies who pay her money…)

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sod an app. If she even just spoke to her HV time ago instead of tending he spoke fine then she wouldn’t be half as stressed about it now he is nearly 2 AND A HALF (29 months?! Ffs) She talks at him or like he is a baby and constantly laughing. That’s not helpful to a child learning to communicate especially one with delays.

She has the money and enough brain to be able to speak to someone or pay for help but yet again she asks the world of Instagram. duck off soph

I think it’s another attention post and I bet she will start showing ads for apps, books etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
How DARE she post these utter lies about Ronnie saying all these different things and keeping Lonnie awake and then come crying to the same people because she just wants to hear “his little voice”. Then saying she doesn’t want any negative reactions. Well, when you lie and then people catch you out, it does tend to have a negative reaction. She’s disgusting

Reactions: 34
I really hoped she wouldn’t use Ronnie in this way. But here we are. I’m so sad for the kid.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
That last story is blatantly just an AD for that speech app. She’ll be getting paid for mentioning them. She doesn’t care about Ronnie she just wants more money & attention.

Reactions: 18
Where to start...I've not caught up yet so I'm sure the same has already been said but as a SENCo this is very misleading and annoying. Nursery will have referred for speech therapy and usually it is quite a quick turnaround. If not private speech therapy is really easy to come by, it's not like they don't have the money. All for engagement...
With the greatest respect, a nursery or HV referral to SALT will be for a child who has difficulty with pronunciation or some simple speech delays. A non verbal child won't be referred direct to SALT or if they are will be be referred on to multi disciplinary team.
Without a diagnosis, no amount of money changes things.

Reactions: 12
I am a SALT and would say private help is fine to carry out a treatment plan once a diagnosis is made. It is extremely unhelpful I would go as far as saying in some cases detrimental to start off with private treatment for an undiagnosed issue.
Diagnosis requires a multi disciplinary approach and the full assessment may take quite some time.
During this time the child's age will always be referred to in months, never years because a 25 month old child is 2yrs but so is a 35 month old. It goes without saying that the development stage of each is very different.
yes, but you can seek out private assessments that employ different professionals so they still use a mdt approach, there’s quite a lot now, expensive 100% but she can definitely afford it

so she would need to seek out a private company that uses that approach rather than just approach an slt I understand what you are saying by that. Unless she believes slts simply just wave a wand and provide intervention without a diagnosis that “cures” their speech which really shows even more how little she has read around it. 🙄

Reactions: 14
RAN here like I run after the ice cream van😆😆😆

So she’s still using her kids for clout and engagement I see, this time it’s poor sweet Ron’s turn😞

She knew SS was posting a 💕PP grid post💕 and so she had to come up with something to steal the limelight from her tend bestie. Queue the gushing messages from sheep and a few choice troll ones which she’ll share later for a Gretel dog-pie rant🙄

Don’t doubt for a second she is getting behind the scenes help for Roo, she’s just very calculating and it shows😉

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yes definitely is. Salt will intervene here to but asd is not diagnosed before like age 4 here.
My Son was on the pathway to diagnosis at 2 with ASD, GDD, Speech and Language disorder and Sensory Processing Disorder and diagnosed right on his 3rd birthday. (Where I am quite lucky)

My Son goes to a SEN school, he has since he was 3, he has amazing support, a EHCP plan and 1:1 adult intervention, guess what? He is non- verbal with no functional communication method. You physically cannot force a child to speak, you can pray all you like but if they genuinely don’t want to, they won’t. When is she going to realise this??? Sometimes you have to find alternative ways to communicate, such as PEC’s, Makaton, social stories……….

I’m so over her now

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The timing of this supposed "heartfelt" story is so insincere. She knows full well that she's had an absolute shitshow of a week and is being talked about for all the wrong reasons sooooooo why not play her trump card (that in all honesty she's probably been dying to post for ages cos she knew she'd royally duck up sometime) and claw back a load of sympathy and arselicky messages 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ if she doesn't end up losing followers now for being a complete two-faced liar ,happily telling the world her son could talk and a faking a video of him apparently talking, amongst other lies about his speech ,then I don't think anything ever will. It should make the sheep question everything now 🤔🙄🤦🏼‍♀️
I honestly don't think she'll end up losing followers over it. I don't think half of them will probably even remember what she's said previously. All they care about is the next purchase to get themselves seen.

Reactions: 18
My Son was on the pathway to diagnosis at 2 with ASD, GDD, Speech and Language disorder and Sensory Processing Disorder and diagnosed right on his 3rd birthday. (I’m in Solihull so quite lucky.)

My Son goes to a SEN school, he has since he was 3, he has amazing support, a EHCP plan and 1:1 adult intervention, guess what? He is non- verbal with no functional communication method. You physically cannot force a child to speak, you can pray all you like but if they genuinely don’t want to, they won’t. When is she going to realise this??? Sometimes you have to find alternative ways to communicate, such as PEC’s, Makaton, social stories……….

I’m so over her now
That sounds fab! Wish all areas would have the same approach. Like a bloody post code lottery!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.