Mrs Hinch #441 Hinch is after some 50 shades of grey, so she can have a pink baybay!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean fair play to her because people will benefit from her donation and its about time after the whole food bank disaster evening. But I just bought 3 things from the list... Custard, Fairy and baby wipes... and I the weird one!?!
Everyone in that school will of only brought a few items, but Sophie being Sophie tries to be the best

Reactions: 16
Don't agree with her post of bragging, very crappy thing to do, but remember whoever gets that food will be happy with it, no matter the brand.
Yeah I understand that but I would have bought luxury items for the people in need if I was rich. Its like she's watching her pennies.

Reactions: 13
You know what she has bleeping out done herself today hasn’t she, I’m bleeping done

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Don't agree with her post of bragging, very crappy thing to do, but remember whoever gets that food will be happy with it, no matter the brand.
I do agree on the fact it will be gratefully received no matter what.
But….
I don’t understand why Soph and Jamie would actively choose to buy the cheapest own brand options.

They could have added some bits like the Heinz Big Soup cans (do they even still sell them?!) that are more like a meal than a soup, instead of the cheapest option soup which won’t be as filling (especially as who knows if the recipient will have bread or similar). They don’t have to watch the pennies. But they have.

It just screams ‘I work with Tesco undeclared ad’ to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The donation itself is fabulous if it’s going to charities for people that really need it and she can afford to do it, but personally I wouldn’t have been showing it all off like that, I’d have taken a few things to the school that Ron can carry and hand in and then quietly let them know that I’d got a lot more stuff in my car and I’d give it to them later. Tell everyone you’ve done it if you want the praise, but omg school is so hard when you are struggling for money, things like this cause so much inner conflict and guilt. All the dressing up days were a nightmare, people like her just trot off and spend money on an outfit and people like me just tried to make do and feel like a failure. Gosh this has brought back some awful memories of how crappy other mums can make you feel 😞
Taking everything out of the bag to stack neatly in the back of the Rangey for the photo op 🙄

There’s going to be sooo many parents that will struggle to afford even 1 tin of beans this year.

There was no need for that pic apart from her showing off how kind and caring she is to donate so much

Reactions: 38
The school have a harvest festival service coming up. They ask for donations, just like every year, when each child will take one or two things I assume - then Ron rocks up with all of that!

Also Soph, could you not buy branded tins rather than Tesco value? Maybe it would be a little treat for people who usually have own brand things. Or do you only get your #ad discount on Tesco own brand? That’s my guess.

Glad there are toiletries, but no thought to include sanitary products? With the amount of period poverty in the UK, you’d think as a woman it might cross her mind to chuck a few packs of pads and tampons in too.
That's what I was trying to say. Cheapy brands and she's loaded. Shows off heinz and brands in her kitchen but gives the cheap stuff to the poor people who are only used to cheap stuff. It's sad really. But on the other hand it's good she got lots for the harvest.... Fml

She didn't need to show off what she bought. She could have shown the list and explained that they purchased a large amount from it as they are very lucky to be in the position to do so and it doesn't matter how big or small the donation you make is as it's all very welcomed.

No need to shame the mum with 2 tins.

I kind of agree with alot of you though, for a millionaire, she could have bought more. But again it didn't need to be shown. Like who stands arranging their donation into a perfect picture opportunity. twit!!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She’s gone so ott with that it’s going to rub people up the wrong way when she rocks up with that and everyone else is handing over a tin of oxtail soup they’ve had since 2003.
And all the sheep will be giving their kids dry chips as they have donated the contents of the cupboard. 'What do you want for tea....Kid 'sausage and beans on toast' parent 'no that is for the poor people like Mrs Hinch has given, you will have to have chips again' Read the bleeping world Sophie!!! Poverty and working poor is a real thing so stop bleeping boasting. I write this as I do my 5tt referral for a family foodbank this week. And they are all working parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Could she not empty one of the Narnias out and give them that? It’s not like she cleans anyway. I think a donation like that, where she’d be able to say I’ve got all this from “work” would be better than just throwing cash at it. I know it’s mostly food but we got asked to donate nappies, wet wipes, bleach etc too

Reactions: 16
Even worse she's either stood on her drive but I'm guessing in the bleeping car park and arranged it, just for a picture. Utter utter bellends. Surprised we aren't getting a photo of her dropping them off!!!
Oh I’m sure we will see her doing that too. I regularly donate to my local food back I’ve never felt the need to take a picture. She’s such an attention bleep. I also don’t get why Hinchers run to hinch like she’s the font of all bleeping knowledge. If your school sent you a list of things to donate you pick a few of them and donate. I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand you don’t need to be a second time or third time school mum to understand that. The letter or email they send is pretty self explanatory.

Reactions: 14
I've just had to jump on to say I don't like the way she has to show off about a one off donation. We do a food/toiletries donation every week at my church all year round. Why can't she do that, it's like it's such a big deal cos she only does it once in a blue moon

So it’s good she’s donated. When my kids had HF I grabbed a few tins out the cupboard and as we were told it was going to the elderly I always made sure it was softer stuff. However she hasn’t done that out the goodness of her heart. She’s showing off. She’s taken the bleeping time to arrange that for a photo op. It’s like folk who film themselves giving a homeless person a cuppa and a sandwich. Just bleeping do it without the bleeping fanfare
Sorry she’s made me swear so much today 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 36
That's what I was trying to say. Cheapy brands and she's loaded. Shows off heinz and brands in her kitchen but gives the cheap stuff to the poor people who are only used to cheap stuff. It's sad really. But on the other hand it's good she got lots for the harvest.... Fml
I understood what you meant ❤

I regularly buy own brand. I’m a single mum with 2 kids (and a dog), currently signed off due to my MH so whilst I am employed, my income is dramatically reduced right now.

There is nothing wrong and no shame in buying own brand.

But, in my opinion, there is something very wrong with a millionaire buying the cheapest possible options and then showing it off.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
What a bloody show off!! I’m glad she’s actually bought some stuff, albeit cheaper brands but does she know why, does she actually realise that a lot of her followers might be needing a food bank? I think not. She’s so selfish and ignorant. Sorry Soph but this doesn’t stop me being bloody angry that you got gifted a new tv yesterday.
You’re not a school mum and anyone who messages you for advice on this needs their head read. And as for saying you’re going to church, taking the boys with you are you?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What the duck is a harvest festival shop?!

ETA: gone are the days of donating something you already have
It's all for the gram with her, can't she just be more real and sort out her cupboard ffs, my kid's loved doing that when they were little for the harvest festival collection.

Reactions: 9
Money can’t buy class ghuuuuyssshhhh!!

hope this helps, ATV , grey jogga anfems!!!

wabs.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The thought of her taking everything out the shopping bags and setting it up in the boot like that to take a photo actually makes me sick. As much as I hope this isn't true, it makes me think she doesn't donate very often if she feels the need to boast about it so much when she does.

The follower asked what kind of things to donate, so all the was required was to attach the list of items. There was absolutely no need to show off the amount of stuff she'd bought. I'm happy that someone will be benefitting from her donation but she should have done it in private. It seems she's just in it for the glory.

Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.