Mrs Hinch #43 Nearly forgot to give it a mention, swipe up to pay for my extension

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean she got rid of it anyway and doesn’t look like she’s having another 😂 no sense is made
She's got a spare room now (her old bedroom) so that'll turn into a walk on wardrobe that no doubt will be gifted like her interior doors or a massive dressing room where the accessories will be gifted too. No wonder she says she feels lucky

Reactions: 5
Like ignoring all the ad stuff for a minute and the fact she got gifted doors ffs! I’m liking her new extension. Layout wise it’s my ideal house (with a bigger kitchen). But I know her decor will ruin it so my opinion won’t last long 😂

Reactions: 7
That’s the thing tho. A lot of the time people aren’t “purposely misleading followers” the rules at just so unclear, and so contradictory that a lot of the time they can’t do right for doing wrong.

Hinch is actually a perfect example. I believe she works for P&G? She also films in her home. So should every single P&G product in her home that she happens to catch on camera as she walks past it then be labelled as paid ad because she works for them. Even when she isn’t being paid to promote that item and it just happens to be something she uses? I saw people moaning about Colgate toothpaste?

My sister did a paid promotion with a company, then a few weeks later she posted a completely unrelated video taken in her studio and one of the products she had done the ad for was in the background of one of the shots as she walked past it (it’s something she uses daily so there are lots of them around in her work space). She was reported by people for not declaring the unrelated video as an ad (even when it wasn’t) because a product she had previously advertised made a 3 second appearance in the back ground of a video.

It’s not clear!
Maybe not then but I guess when ASA contacted her to tell her she was reported they told her what she was doing was right or wrong? Or did they just say she was reported and nothing else ?

Reactions: 1
The slippers are kinda cute and I have to admit first time around I did buy my daughter a ton of pointless tit like that just because it was cute. By the time the 3rd came along I was over it and he just had bare feet 😂
Lol 😂 very true

Reactions: 2
Someone posted on here a while ago all the rules regarding #ad #gifted etc and it seemed quite straightforward to me 🤷🏽‍♀️

If you are are paid to promote an item or gifted an item then for the next 12 months if you that item is shown on your grid/stories it has to be labelled #ad or #gifted even if you havent been paid for that actual post

I’ll see if I can find the screenshot for you and you can show your sister. Might make it easier to understand for the future 😊
Thanks! The thing they send us had the word “featured” it says “if it’s is featured in your work” but it’s not being featured if you just happen to walk past it in an unrelated video? It’s not even mentioned. Thats where the confusion is. Where do you draw the line? People who do a lot of ads would have description boxes the length of war and peace if the had to declare everything that flashes past for 0.5 seconds in a video

Edited to add - ASA gave us 2 different answers as to what they class as being “featured” one said it was ok if something was just there in the background for a few seconds, wasn’t spoken about or had any attention drawn to it. Other one said it wasn’t

Reactions: 2
That’s the thing tho. A lot of the time people aren’t “purposely misleading followers” the rules at just so unclear, and so contradictory that a lot of the time they can’t do right for doing wrong.

Hinch is actually a perfect example. I believe she works for P&G? She also films in her home. So should every single P&G product in her home that she happens to catch on camera as she walks past it then be labelled as paid ad because she works for them. Even when she isn’t being paid to promote that item and it just happens to be something she uses? I saw people moaning about Colgate toothpaste?

My sister did a paid promotion with a company, then a few weeks later she posted a completely unrelated video taken in her studio and one of the products she had done the ad for was in the background of one of the shots as she walked past it (it’s something she uses daily so there are lots of them around in her work space). She was reported by people for not declaring the unrelated video as an ad (even when it wasn’t) because a product she had previously advertised made a 3 second appearance in the back ground of a video.

It’s not clear!

Attachments

Reactions: 4
How quickly did that extension go up? It just seems incredibly quick - we had one that seemed to go on for 3 months. Can’t help but wonder if it will be safe in this wind

Maybe not then but I guess when ASA contacted her to tell her she was reported they told her what she was doing was right or wrong? Or did they just say she was reported and nothing else ?
They said one of her posts had been brought to their attention due to undeclared advertising revenue. They said it served as a warning, then 2 different people contradicted what was and wasn’t ok!

She’s been given a bloody door throughout the house, I’m penny pinching to get my extension starting.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Thanks but it’s really no clearer as that word is there again. They cannot give a clear answer as to what they class as something being “featured”.

One person said that as long as the item wasn’t the focus of a post (as I said, was in the background of a video, wasn’t spoken about or had any attention drawn to it) then it was fine to not have #ad and then someone else said the opposite

The rules are not clear!

Attachments

She had a perfect prep machine set up ready to go pre birth, there’s no way she was planning to breastfeed
I don't want to reopen the whole feeding the baby debate again, nope, not at all, but I don't believe her answer about breast feeding. There. I've said it. I might be wrong, but I just don't believe what she wrote.

Reactions: 22
Thanks but it’s really no clearer as that word is there again. They cannot give a clear answer as to what they class as something being “featured”.

One person said that as long as the item wasn’t the focus of a post (as I said, was in the background of a video, wasn’t spoken about or had any attention drawn to it) then it was fine to not have #ad and then someone else said the opposite

The rules are not clear!
I would use the example of the primark jumper they mention so for 12 months if you wear it on your social media pictures or in your stories then it would be an ad. Even if it was in the background hanging up and it’s in sight of the camera then it would be an ad.

I would use the example of the primark jumper they mention so for 12 months if you wear it on your social media pictures or in your stories then it would be an ad. Even if it was in the background hanging up and it’s in sight of the camera then it would be an ad.
Agreed. I think it's pretty clear and the "price" of receiving stuff for free or being paid to promote it

Reactions: 7
Agreed. I think it's pretty clear and the "price" of receiving stuff for free or being paid to promote it
Totally agree if someone is gifted so much stuff that they can’t walk around their house without passing hundreds of things they didn’t pay for. Then it’s part and parcel that they need to let viewers know and count themselves lucky to be in that position of not having to pay for the stuff themselves .

Reactions: 14
I'd actually be embarrassed to show off all these #gifted goods.
I much prefer to have bought and paid for everything in my home from money we earned doing 'proper' jobs.
When she tells Ronnie about her book is she also going to tell him how virtually everything in his home is #gifted?
That his pram and the bed he sleeps in, and even the clothes on his back are #gifted?
Is she going to raise him with the same morals and sense of entitlement she has, that stuff is just given to you... you don't have to work for it!
What a wonderful role model she really is! (Not)

Reactions: 20
I'd actually be embarrassed to show off all these #gifted goods.
I much prefer to have bought and paid for everything in my home from money we earned doing 'proper' jobs.
When she tells Ronnie about her book is she also going to tell him how virtually everything in his home is #gifted?
That his pram and the bed he sleeps in, and even the clothes on his back are #gifted?
Is she going to raise him with the same morals and sense of entitlement she has, that stuff is just given to you... you don't have to work for it.
It's quite weird when you think that literally half her house is probably stuff she hasn't chosen herself. Her kid is dressed in stuff sent by companies. A lovely privileged thing to happen to someone but even if I buy my daughter stuff from the charity shop, I love choosing special bits for her.

Hinch is a walking capitalism, consumer MACHINE and it totally bleeping disgusts me.

Imagine your ENTIRE EXISTENCE being solely to sell products on behalf of huge corporations... Fast fashion, chemicals and plastic tit that's quite literally ending the earth as we know it.

SWIPE UP HUNS!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

The rules are not clear!
I understand what your saying but if you use say, coronation street as an example.

At the start of the programme it has a P , I think, to show that they have been paid to place certain products in the background of scenes.
Sometimes you can clearly see what the product is but most of the time its just a glance of something in the background or on a shelf.
Just because it doesnt ‘feature’ in the foreground or the camera doesnt linger on it, doesnt mean that the programme can leave out the P at the start.
Does that make sense?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.