Mrs Hinch #43 Nearly forgot to give it a mention, swipe up to pay for my extension

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She strikes me as being very confident, even hiding behind a filter.
What’s the point in her doing a Q&A when it’s all bullshit, I just don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♀️
It's obvs some sort of PR exercise suggested by herself or Gleam.
Also the Q + A boxes and their replies... (whether used or not) will have massively increased engagement on her account.

Reactions: 13
Here is mine!
One night after one to many ciders I have to admit, I sent a message to her and asked the same question. Obviously I forgot about my drunken outburst to her the next morning, so I was was shocked as hell to receive a reply from her. She states that bit is actually from a film. However, she didn't confirm what film

Reactions: 5
It's obvs some sort of PR exercise suggested by herself or Gleam.
Also the Q + A boxes and their replies... (whether used or not) will have massively increased engagement on her account.
Thats the first thing I thought when she said she was doing a Q + A .......its to get her engagement figures up again!

Why the duck would ASA want to work with her. Conflict of interest there Sophie
That’s like asking the kids to write the exams themselves. She is so up her ass. Also saying she couldn’t do this morning because she was pregnant . Plenty of pregnant woman work on that show I smell bullshit. More like it might have been casually mentioned that they may have her back at some point in the future. She took that as them making her a permanent feature.
But maybe if they did work with these instagrammers, then the rules would be clearer and they would understand more what’s expected of them.

My sister runs a business on insta and the ASA are a nitemare! They talk in riddles and you can’t get a straight answer out of them. They constantly say “the rules are as written” but everyone interprets the written word differently

My sister was gifted an outfit from another business for her daughter. She posted and thanked the company at the time and marked the post as #gifted. A few weeks later she put up a picture of her daughter, then realised her daughter was wearing the gifted outfit in the picture.

She didn’t know if she also needed to mark the new post as #gifted as the outfit was in it, but decided not to as the new post was nothing to do with the company that gifted the outfit, her DD just happened to be wearing it. Her comments then blew up from people saying she should have marked it as gifted, and other people defending her saying she didn’t have to. Who is right? We couldn’t find any “rules are as written” from the ASA and they were absolute NO help

The rules are not clear! It’s like they (and people who report things to them 🙄) are purposely trying to catch people out

Reactions: 4
But maybe if they did work with these instagrammers, then the rules would be clearer and they would understand more what’s expected of them.

My sister runs a business on insta and the ASA are a nitemare! They talk in riddles and you can’t get a straight answer out of them. They constantly say “the rules are as written” but everyone interprets the written word differently

My sister was gifted an outfit from another business for her daughter. She posted and thanked the company at the time and marked the post as #gifted. A few weeks later she put up a picture of her daughter, then realised her daughter was wearing the gifted outfit in the picture.

She didn’t know if she also needed to mark the new post as #gifted as the outfit was in it, but decided not to as the new post was nothing to do with the company that gifted the outfit, her DD just happened to be wearing it. Her comments then blew up from people saying she should have marked it as gifted, and other people defending her saying she didn’t have to. Who is right? We couldn’t find any “rules are as written” from the ASA and they were absolute NO help

The rules are not clear! It’s like they (and people who report things to them 🙄) are purposely trying to catch people out
Why wouldn’t people report if influencers are deliberately misleading followers ? The rules are there for a reason so if people are following them they have nothing to worry about. I guess if In doubt and the item is gifted and you mention the company then it needs to be tagged. People like Mrs Hinch have management who keep her right so she has no excuse. If ASA need to make rules simpler for influencers to understand . Mrs Hinch should not have a hand in that . It should be done by independent people who have no ulterior motive .

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Re Q&A the lost contrived exercise I have seen in a long time .... surely all her followers have sussed she made those questions up herself.

God forgive me but I don't believe for one minute she breast fed that child for 5 weeks ... 5 minutes more like

• Wow
Reactions: 24
More fool us for looking at her crap and increasing her activity? It's becoming a strange obsession-mainly cos you cant believe what you're seeing and reading. Blimey-I just stuck a pin in my eye,and enjoyed it.going to do it again right know!🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
View attachment 32547

Still playing the clueless card 🙄
"I'm no Interior Designer" - yeah well we know that Soph which is why you do everything in grey as even a toddler could pick out grey things that would "match". Your do have skills but they are not ones you like to shout about - pulling the wool over people's eyes, gaslighting, playing the anxiety card, fleecing vulnerable people .... shall I go on?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She had a perfect prep machine set up ready to go pre birth, there’s no way she was planning to breastfeed

• Heart
Reactions: 21
We all know those were not the questions she was asked . How funny that they managed to cover all the topics we chat about on here . If she choose the real questions it would all be about stains on sofas and her favourite products etc cause that’s why people follow her for cleaning .

Reactions: 13
Re Q&A the lost contrived exercise I have seen in a long time .... surely all her followers have sussed she made those questions up herself.

God forgive me but I don't believe for one minute she breast fed that child for 5 weeks ... 5 minutes more like
Agreed

Reactions: 3
Why wouldn’t people report if influencers are deliberately misleading followers ? The rules are there for a reason so if people are following them they have nothing to worry about. I guess if In doubt and the item is gifted and you mention the company then it needs to be tagged. People like Mrs Hinch have management who keep her right so she has no excuse. If ASA need to make rules simpler for influencers to understand . Mrs Hinch should not have a hand in that . It should be done by independent people who have no ulterior motive .
That’s the thing tho. A lot of the time people aren’t “purposely misleading followers” the rules at just so unclear, and so contradictory that a lot of the time they can’t do right for doing wrong.

Hinch is actually a perfect example. I believe she works for P&G? She also films in her home. So should every single P&G product in her home that she happens to catch on camera as she walks past it then be labelled as paid ad because she works for them. Even when she isn’t being paid to promote that item and it just happens to be something she uses? I saw people moaning about Colgate toothpaste?

My sister did a paid promotion with a company, then a few weeks later she posted a completely unrelated video taken in her studio and one of the products she had done the ad for was in the background of one of the shots as she walked past it (it’s something she uses daily so there are lots of them around in her work space). She was reported by people for not declaring the unrelated video as an ad (even when it wasn’t) because a product she had previously advertised made a 3 second appearance in the back ground of a video.

It’s not clear!

Reactions: 2
Correct me if im wrong, why have an extension built surely she could've given up her dressing room and the baby could use that room..... oh no wait she's too self centered.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Correct me if im wrong, why have an extension built surely she could've given up her dressing room and the baby could use that room..... oh no wait she's too self centered.
I mean she got rid of it anyway and doesn’t look like she’s having another 😂 no sense is made

Reactions: 4
That’s the thing tho. A lot of the time people aren’t “purposely misleading followers” the rules at just so unclear, and so contradictory that a lot of the time they can’t do right for doing wrong.

Hinch is actually a perfect example. I believe she works for P&G? She also films in her home. So should every single P&G product in her home that she happens to catch on camera as she walks past it then be labelled as paid ad because she works for them. Even when she isn’t being paid to promote that item and it just happens to be something she uses? I saw people moaning about Colgate toothpaste?

My sister did a paid promotion with a company, then a few weeks later she posted a completely unrelated video taken in her studio and one of the products she had done the ad for was in the background of one of the shots as she walked past it (it’s something she uses daily so there are lots of them around in her work space). She was reported by people for not declaring the unrelated video as an ad (even when it wasn’t) because a product she had previously advertised made a 3 second appearance in the back ground of a video.

It’s not clear!
Someone posted on here a while ago all the rules regarding #ad #gifted etc and it seemed quite straightforward to me 🤷🏽‍♀️

If you are are paid to promote an item or gifted an item then for the next 12 months if you that item is shown on your grid/stories it has to be labelled #ad or #gifted even if you havent been paid for that actual post

I’ll see if I can find the screenshot for you and you can show your sister. Might make it easier to understand for the future 😊

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.