Mrs Hinch #374 RIP Flip & Flop, not grey or #gifted so they got the chop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had an awful experience with my third. He just would not feed from me overnight. Until then, I was expressing colostrum into a med cup (Fed my other two perfectly fine myself). I begged and pleaded for a bottle of milk and they just told me to keep trying. I knew he wouldn’t. The poor mite was starving. They would not give me any milk and I couldn’t keep up. He was nearly 11lbs. I had a Hakka pump but it had a split in it 😢The woman opposite kindly offered me a bottle in the end and I had to wait until my husband bought some up along with my electric pump. I made a massive complaint over that. I even offered them money for a bottle and they wouldn’t give me one. Maybe I should have been prepared but I didn’t anticipate any problems as my other children fed fine. I ended up pumping exclusively for him.
I discharged myself from hospital 18 hours after baby was born because the care by the staff was beyond a joke. I had been breastfeeding fine day 1 but by day 2 baby was struggling to latch, so I got my husband to run to tescos and buy premade formula and baby bottles. I would try to feed my baby before the bottle just to be sure. Well on the day 3 visit by the midwife, when asking if we were breastfeeding I told her we had to use a bottle because he was starving and couldn't latch. Her response?

"We really don't recommend bottles before 6 weeks"

I was livid. The only useful suggestion she had was to try nipple shields to help baby latch, and they honestly were amazing! I'm having baby #2 in July and packing nipple shields just in case - just a suggestion for any worried first time mum's who want to breastfeed.

Reactions: 11
I’m pregnant with my first and I’ve asked my mate who has a two year old what she packed, advice etc yesterday and she doesn’t remember either. So don’t think it’s an act
But she literally wrote a list in one of her books. She has a reference point at her fingertips. It’s all for engagement.

Reactions: 39
“Can’t wait to sit in there NEXT TIME and do a wee myself” she literally sounds like a child doesn’t she. Will crazy Ma Barker be there too so she can wipe you over when you’ve finished your wee wee on the big girl toilet Soph? Remember to use soap when your washing afterwards! It’s what I tell my 2 year old.
Remember Sopha, mum says “Always wipe front to back”

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Guyzzzz, just popping on to let you know that Soph is having the weekend off to tend to her olive tree. Luckily I got a sneaky pic of what she’ll be picking off it come next week. Hope this helps.
She’ll glue gun them on the leafs and film herself picking them off like ‘omg look guyszzzzzzz orla just birthed some baby olivias. Unbelievable goiyszzzz me and jaime are gonna pop them in our salad for lunch. So excited’

• Haha
Reactions: 20
When my mum had me, they made you stay in for 10 days to rest. She said it was like a spa. This was nearly 40yrs ago mind 😂
Yes I was told this once too. 10/14 days in hospital. Babies stayed in a nursery next door, brought into you by the nurses. Made to rest and brought cups of tea and food.

I was out on my ear the following lunch time, traumatic birth and a long walk to the car park. Fantastic 😂😂😂😂🙄

Reactions: 7
I discharged myself from hospital 18 hours after baby was born because the care by the staff was beyond a joke. I had been breastfeeding fine day 1 but by day 2 baby was struggling to latch, so I got my husband to run to tescos and buy premade formula and baby bottles. I would try to feed my baby before the bottle just to be sure. Well on the day 3 visit by the midwife, when asking if we were breastfeeding I told her we had to use a bottle because he was starving and couldn't latch. Her response?

I was livid. The only useful suggestion she had was to try nipple shields to help baby latch, and they honestly were amazing! I'm having baby #2 in July and packing nipple shields just in case - just a suggestion for any worried first time mum's who want to breastfeed.
Terrible attitude by the healthcare worker with her we don't recommend drivel. Once the baby is fed that's all that matters. Mine were on bottles, I had done my bit for 9 months and wanted my body back. They all thrived but each to their own.

• Heart
I did not write this and I’m not sure who did - but WOW does it speak to my heart!!! Worth the read. Don’t wait to read it later!

ETA: "Later" by Boucar Diouf

Barely the day started and... it's already six in the evening.
Barely arrived on Monday and it's already Friday.
... and the month is already over.
... and the year is almost over.
... and already 40, 50 or 60 years of our lives have passed.
... and we realize that we lost our parents, friends.
and we realize it's too late to go back...

So... Let's try, despite everything, to enjoy the remaining time...
Let's keep looking for activities that we like...
Let's put some color in our grey...
Let's smile at the little things in life that put balm in our hearts.
And despite everything, we must continue to enjoy with serenity this time we have left. Let's try to eliminate the afters...
I'm doing it after...
I'll say after...
I'll think about it after...
We leave everything for later like ′′ after ′′ is ours.
Because what we don't understand is that:
Afterwards, the coffee gets cold...
afterwards, priorities change...
Afterwards, the charm is broken...
Afterwards, the charm is broken...
afterwards, health passes...
Afterwards, the kids grow up...
Afterwards parents get old...
Afterwards, promises are forgotten...
afterwards, the day becomes the night...
afterwards life ends...
And then it's often too late....

So... Let's leave nothing for later...
Because still waiting see you later, we can lose the best moments,
the best experiences,
best friends,
the best family...
The day is today... The moment is now...

We are no longer at the age where we can afford to postpone what needs to be done right away.

So let's see if you have time to read this message and then share it.

Or maybe you'll leave it for... ′′ later "...
And you'll never share it....

Saw this on FB and I had to share here. I particularly liked the part about adding colour. 💕🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I always wonder if they actually find any of the posts on here amusing. Some of the posts/memes are just too funny not to laugh. Even if it was a piss take of myself I'd still have to laugh coz the humour of people on here is witty sarcastic banter at it's best
You'd have to have zero sense of humour not to find some stuff funny.
Bet Jimbo has a little laugh when sophas in bed.
I've often wondered this. If these threads were about me I'd be rolling round the floor. But then I've never taken myself that seriously and am the first one to laugh at myself when I do something.

Reactions: 17
Did she put a filter on her ‘evening park’ picture to make it look like they were there later? Coz Jamie posted them being in the park 4 hours earlier and the sky was a lot brighter.
She probably did by the looks of both pics.
CFEDD395-B9BD-4F3D-A17A-2C5E1C180DB5.jpeg

I do agree it looks identical. I’ve got myself on a mission to find this door mat to no avail. I eagerly await her showing this “new door mat” she bought yesterday.
Annoying me I can’t find the other one from a few weeks back.
She’s definitely bought those wooden garden candle things before. Around the time of the pergola/ sleepers.

I always wonder if they actually find any of the posts on here amusing. Some of the posts/memes are just too funny not to laugh. Even if it was a piss take of myself I'd still have to laugh coz the humour of people on here is witty sarcastic banter at it's best
You'd have to have zero sense of humour not to find some stuff funny.
Bet Jimbo has a little laugh when sophas in bed.
I like to think that if I were in her size 5 if you believe her shoes, I would be on Tattler laughing at the banter and the sometimes outrageous theories

Reactions: 9
My Sister is a Maternity Nurse and told me planned inductions and planned c sections are rarely booked for a weekend usually always booked for in the week. We like to think NHS is 24/7 but it's not.
Obviously Emergencies are dealt with when they happen regardless of day.
I was induced and went in on a Sunday so it must differ by hospital but I think they only book sections during the week.
Also, why are you putting trousers on a brand new baby coming back from hospital? Would it not be a bit awkward with the cord stump and uncomfy? Maybe I’m just being ridiculous but I had my baby in sleepsuits for weeks. But I also just thought it was cute 🤣

Reactions: 17
What happens in the hospital if your baby can’t breastfeed even if you have chosen to? Do they supply bottles and formula or are you expected to bring those items even if you don’t intend on using them?

I haven’t had kids so I’m not familiar with the process (I had to google colostrum!) but I am surprised that they don’t supply things like formula or nappies! I thought Hinch would just pack ten times what she needed so she can do her silly old me act.
I think all hospitals must have a supply of everything for emergencies but don't advertise having it as I'm sure many people would take advantage.

A lot of people I know take formula just incase and if they don't need to use it then they leave it at the hospital for other mums.

Reactions: 5
I like to think that if I were in her size 5 if you believe her shoes, I would be on Tattler laughing at the banter and the sometimes outrageous theories
Even if they don't read the threads, you've got to be pissing yourself laughing at some of the titles 😂

• Haha
I'd laugh if baby had no hair lol

Laugh because she wouldn't need the brush not cause its bald
Even if the baby has hair would he really need it brushing in the few hours that they’re going to be in hospital - or even if they were in a few days. 🤷‍♀️ She’s just too much. Can’t imagine what she must be like to live with.

Sorry to get all mumsnet 😂 but I just had to tell you about my experience with nipple shields, they are brilliant don’t get me wrong but with my first I had a very similar experience to what you had and the midwife said use nipple shields but what she didn’t tell me was this really decrease your milk, so by the time my daughter was a few weeks old I wasn’t producing enough milk for her because I was using the shields with every feed. So if you are planning to breastfeed for a long period of time it’s worth persevering with the initial pain (which eff me is painful!) and use tons of cream on them after feed and a few days in the pain goes away. (Obviously I am only speaking from my experience) Another thing no one warned me about on my second was that when you feed your womb retracts and it bloody hurts so be prepared! 😂 enjoy 😂😊

So as not to derail, Hinch is a twit 😉

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.