Mrs Hinch #26 Meals in jugs, brand ambassador plugs, the hinch army really are mugs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do I watch the live between Real Housewife of Herts and Clean Honest Living? Can't see it on their Instagram pages... but then again I have no clue how Instagram works most of the time! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
I have to put my hands up that I’m that stupid 🤦🏻‍♀️ I bought into everything as I followed her from the beginning. Genuine woman who was so delighted and thankful especially at the start when she used to celebrate reaching X amount of followers. I didn’t go crazy with the cleaning as the chemicals were giving me headaches but I definitely stocked up more than I previously had. When she addresses trolls in her stories I just assumed it was ‘sad jealous’ people messaging her normal internet troll-y stuff. If I was still in that crazy cult bubble I would see her putting AD like that as something ‘she has to do’ and be happy for her that big brands have approached her, because it’s looking at her account backwards. Now that I know she’s an experienced sales person etc and the other things I’ve read here it puts it in a completely different light.
I’m sure you’re not stupid and you just bought into the hype. I’m so sorry I didn’t mean that her followers are stupid, I just meant that most people will see her videos and realise that what she is showing is an ad especially with the way she shows the products she’s using. So I didn’t get why she’s making such a fuss about putting the hashtags up :)

Reactions: 4
Hinch also does this really annoying thing when she speaks, where she will be talking normally then she pauses for a beat too long then flares her nostrils and then says the word.. it’s so hard to describe😂 please tell me someone else has noticed 😂
Oh ffs, the latest stories.

Her and Jamie’s family went out for a...... meal.

She’s sitting on the egg chair and left the cover.... on.

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh ffs, the latest stories.

Her and Jamie’s family went out for a...... meal.

She’s sitting on the egg chair and left the cover.... on.

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
And karaoke both as gretel because they are ‘relatable’ again.

Note the “everyone’s messaged me about he table again guys so here’s the swipe up with the Ad placed to look like it’s part of the image and no AFF on it” link.

Reactions: 12
In regards to the ASA stuff...

Every Wednesday the release their weekly rulings, so you'll be able to see if she gets a warning or sanction.

The ASA guidelines actually make declaring as clear as mud. One of their guidelines actually means that say if you were sent some jeans by Primark 6 months ago and they paid you to promote those jeans, if tomorrow you buy a Primark dress and put it on your Instagram you have to say 'i bought this with my money but Primark sponsored me 6 months ago). So basically as an influencer you will be declaring and #ADing every bit of content you post if you're a large scale influencer. The fact you were paid 6 months ago bares no relevance to the dress you just paid for yourself.

The general rule of thumb within the community seems to be:

AD - you were paid to post (if you feature the product again off your own back you have to declare as an ad as it's relevant for up to 12 months). Also, if you're promoting or mentioning your own products such as books, courses, clothing, etc they need to be marked as an AD as you're marketing for yourself.
AD (not paid) - gifted an item and given stipulations on what to say, i.e these jeans come with new bum lifting tech
AD PRESS TRIP - Paid to go on a brand trip
PRESS TRIP - sent on a trip but not paid to do so
GIFTED - you were sent the item but not given any requirements, i.e. you were not told you needed to post about it or say anything specific.
AFF - When you link to something that you will get a percentage of the sale from

All the terms apply for relationships and gifts for 12 months. So if Primark send you a jumper everytime you feature it you have to mark it as gifted or ad depending on why they sent you it.

Also, the marking needs to be clear and the first thing the consumer notices. So it can't be hidden in the middle of 5 hashtags, it can't be in a light colour on a light background. It also can't be on the 4th story of a series of stories on the item, like the Elbow grease one the other day was. It needs to be shown to the consumer before they are advertised to. So on the Instagram grid you have to put AD - blah blah normal caption and not Blah blah normal caption #red #day #night #ad # dog # blue

They aren't a workable set rules unfortunately, and the rules they do have are tit because they're made by an industry who doesn't understand how influencer marketing works. But it's a step in the right direction.

Brand ambassadorships are murky waters as not everyone is the same. You might just be sent gifted items by the brand each month, but Karen might be paid a monthly fee and sent gifts. But if there is money involved then it should be declared as an AD. For example, you're a BA for Primark, so they pay you £10k a month and send you clothes, you have to mark every Primark post as a AD, as they're paying for your promotion as a whole as opposed to just on a single post for a pair of jeans. If they're just sending you products and not payment, but telling you you need to mention the new bum lifting technology then it's an AD (not paid).

I hope that all makes sense and wasn't too boring 🙈 many influencers made stories with details on how they would label things when the rules came out, and these seem to be the general ones. But if course there's situations not covered as brands and influencer working relationships are always evolving. I've probably missed some stuff so feel free to ask anything.
This is the clearest I have seen. But not what Sophie Hinch is doing. Thank you for this post 👍👍👍. [QUOTE="zeatrix83, post: 2306

How do I watch the live between Real Housewife of Herts and Clean Honest Living? Can't see it on their Instagram pages... but then again I have no clue how Instagram works most of the time! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm not too sure but I think it's the pink circle you can see to watch the stories?

Reactions: 1
In other words she’s reporting people now.
She’s prob on some sort of revenge mission now coz of the asa

Her mask slips a bit more everyday... she’s so happy yet at 7months pregnant, she’s got time to be replying to “trolls”
She’s an insecure head
Questioning someone’s behaviour or making a negative comment about someone is not trolling!!! Sending her abuse is trolling. I’m sick of shady bastards crying troll!!

She’s sniffing around for some kind of cosmetic freebie🙄.
Why would she be asking her followers about foundation application otherwise?

Now the truth about her underhand selling , eBay partnership and association with P+G is out there one might think she’d take a step back (into the egg chair) and reflect on her deception and how she’s made an absolute fortune out of her followers and advised bad practice with regard to inappropriate use of products .
I’m surprised it’s taken her this long to start heavily hinting that she wants free cosmetics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
WHY(!!!) when she says ‘we’ve been for a meal’ does she shake her head at meal ?

Not sure if the ‘Gretal ‘ filter is making it worse
But it’s really bothering me !

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Did anyone notice when she was talking about her table being from eBay she made a point of saying she was dubious of buying it from there at first...more proof that she definitely has been reading here as there was the screenshot showing her asking where she can buy it from that’s not eBay! It’s so annoying watching her stories now more than ever because everything is a retaliation to stuff on here it’s making me cringe!

That Instagram account! I thought it was going to be more funny, tongue in cheek but it’s a witch hunt. I certainly do not condone that.
I totally agree . I followed yesterday but have now unfollowed . It is private now too .

Reactions: 5
WHY(!!!) when she says ‘we’ve been for a meal’ does she shake her head at meal ?

Not sure if the ‘Gretal ‘ filter is making it worse
But it’s really bothering me !
I know exactly what you mean! She shakes her head and kind of baa’s like a sheep when she says the word! She did it this on another story saying she was ‘going for a showeeeeerrrrr’

She said earlier the Gretel filter made it look like her eye liner was smudged, but when she’s used the same filter this evening it’s not smudged 🤔

Reactions: 17
So the paid partnership tag is an Instagram thing that people seem to have adopted into manually marking their ADs as, as it seems a little less money grabbing than AD.

A paid partnership could mean a one time AD or that someone has given them £10k a month as an ongoing deal. Which is what I mean by its as clear as mud. Personally, if I was using paid partnership I would be using it as if I had been paid once for one post. But there is no clarity which is how influencers can be a bit shady about it all.
See the way I see it, when I see paid partnership is that its someone being paid either a large one off amount or a monthly fee. Either way I see it as someone getting paid a large amount to promote whatever it is.
When I see brand ambassador, I think they’ve just been gifted the product to promote it.

Its so confusing for the followers/customers

Reactions: 4
I know exactly what you mean! She shakes her head and kind of baa’s like a sheep when she says the word! She did it this on another story saying she was ‘going for a showeeeeerrrrr’

She said earlier the Gretel filter made it look like her eye liner was smudged, but when she’s used the same filter this evening it’s not smudged 🤔
Haha yes !!! And it’s not smudged on ‘mr hinch’ either 🙃🙃 weird that

But I noticed the shower thing too, it’s those little things that just 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11

That’s exactly what I thought!! She thinks everyone’s a mug

Reactions: 5
Bit of a random observation but why does she have a dining room table when they never seem to eat from it?
They always eat off the sofa 🤔.
Just another place to stash her ebay buys i guess 🙄.
Should be a real mum and use it to store her washing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
First time tattler here 👍🏻 . I normally spend hours trying to catch up on everything 🙈

Anyway apologises if this has already been mentioned but doesn’t MH not have an outdoor washing line?! 🤷🏻‍♀️Massive garden and lawn! Can’t beat line dried washing but then again why do it that way when you spray it with lenor and god knows other chemicals to make it smell fresh 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 9
Questioning someone’s behaviour or making a negative comment about someone is not trolling!!! Sending her abuse is trolling. I’m sick of shady bastards crying troll!!

I’m surprised it’s taken her this long to start heavily hinting that she wants free cosmetics.

I would be surprised about her going for make up deals. Surely any decent brand would not want someone that can only be seen using a filter.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
First time tattler here 👍🏻 . I normally spend hours trying to catch up on everything 🙈

Anyway apologises if this has already been mentioned but doesn’t MH not have an outdoor washing line?! 🤷🏻‍♀️Massive garden and lawn! Can’t beat line dried washing but then again why do it that way when you spray it with lenor and god knows other chemicals to make it smell fresh 🙄🙄🙄
No I think she just tumble dries everything! Her electric bill must be HUGE!!

Reactions: 7
“Guys I’ve not had a chance to read many messages but a few of you have asked me about my garden table and chairs” OMG SO TRANSPARENT! Oh and the next page is a swipe up!!
Such a coincidence that out of all the 100’s of messages she received she manages to read the ones she can make money on!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.